Posts by bikepope

Ahaa…

Can I use standard SFTP from Debian instead? Because there I can jail each user into his shared folder.

Do I have to deinstall the plugin first?
    Do I have to change something in the settings (config) of OMV?

Thanks for your help. But we have a special setup and I try to explain.

We have a server running OMV with two file servers keeping the shared folders. So, we have a folder structure like “/svr/file_server1/usershare” and like “/svr/file_server2/usershare” on the OMV server.

In the “omv_sftp_config” the group access for sftp-access is “ChrootDirectory /sftp/%u” which is, I think, not correct. It should point to “/%disklabel/%usershare”.
    I would appreciate any help on that.

Regards

OMV1.jpg

Hello out there!

I need help to configure the SFPT Plugin urgently! I am not a newbie, but I don’t get it to function properly. I can run FTPS via Filezilla but SFTP doesn’t work.

Goal:
    All users must be jailed into their shared folder and no access to root.

I have set up SFTP on other Linux by hand, but I want to do it via interface because I don’t know if I harm something doing it manually.

I tried to get some info via forum and google. But I failed :S . There is always mentioned a Group “sftp-acces”, but there is no such group. Do I have to crate it myself?

Regards

Hello
    I still suffer with this problem. Does nobody have a clue what I could do? I still have this error message:

Error

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; omv-mkconf quota 2>&1' with exit code '2': quotacheck: Scanning /dev/sdb1 [/srv/dev-disk-by-label-DataStore1] quotacheck: Checked 23667 directories and 138341 files done quotaoff: Quota enforcement already disabled for group on /dev/sdd quotaoff: Quota enforcement already disabled for user on /dev/sdd

Regards

OK here is what I got <X

I removed the deleted user from config.xml (quota) and run omv-mkconffstab. Then I tried to give a new user a quota.

OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'exportPATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; exportLANG=C; omv-mkconf quota 2>&1' with exit code '2': quotacheck: Scanning/dev/sdb1 [/srv/dev-disk-by-label-DataStore1] quotacheck: Checked 23639directories and 137854 files
    done
    quotaoff: Quota enforcement already disabled for group on /dev/sdd
    quotaoff: Quota enforcement already disabled for user on /dev/sdd in/usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/quota.inc(37):OMV\System\Process->execute()
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(168):OMVModuleQuota->applyConfig()
    #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array,Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123):call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(149):OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(565):OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusBG...','/tmp/bgoutputxB...')
    #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(159):OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))
    #7 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(213):OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #8 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array,Array)
    #9 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123):call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #10 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86):OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)
    #11 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config','applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)
    #12 {main}

We run vers. 4 on a server, but want to migrate to a new server. Because we have serious package problems and want to move anyway.

We have setup a new server with a fresh OMV 4 and moved all Linux user settings as well. But now we want to migrate our old OMV 4 settings from the old server too.

Is there a way doing this? Yes we know that the shares will be different but we will move all user shares to a new SNA cluster so we have to redo the
    shares.