Beiträge von ade86

Unfortunately, to my knowledge, a Raid 5 only allows the loss of 1 drive. Raid 6 allows the loss of 2 drives.

I am aware of this scenario, but considering that one of the two failed drives was completely replaced, im thinking that there still may be a chance to recover files. the drive that was 99.99 percent copied may pose issues however.

Hello, I am new to This forum and I have a problem that i cant seem to find any information on. or at least is relevant to my situation.

I set up a HP MicroServer N40L fitted with 5 3TB Hard drives (one hard drive mounted in the optical bay) in RAID 5

I had this working for years until one day i discovered that the server wouldnt start up. CrystaldiskInfo indicated two of the 5 drives were Yellow and dying from bad sectors.

I removed the dying drives, did a ddrecovery of the data onto new donor drives and slotted them into the server.
    drive 1 had 99.99% data copied, some bad sectors were unrecoverable. drive 4 had 100% data copied!

Upon booting I got the failed code 8 error message.

After crawling through the forum, not knowing what im looking for or what im looking at (im a linux command line n00b) i saw some people were having luck with the command:
    "mdadm --assemble /dev/md127 /dev/sd[abcde] --verbose --force"

...so i gave it a try. Picture appended showing results.

As far as i can understand - 4 of the 5 drives are recognized and the filesystem is missing.

open media vault indicates ext4 filesystem but its 'missing'

honestly i'm at a loss as to what else i need to do at this stage.

Any ideas on how to rebuild this raid 5 partition to accept the two 'replacement' drives?

thanks
    -Adrian