Beiträge von jackster

Well that's just great :D

I don't understand how it is possible, back in the day I installed OMV from this ISO: openmediavault_4.1.3-amd64.iso

At least that's the only OMV ISO I can find on my system. I have a 64-bit CPU (Intel Pentium G4560T) so I definitely haven't intended to install the 32-bit version of OMV but apparently that is what I have...

uname -r
    4.19.0-0.bpo.5-686-pae

Since it is not possible to change the version from 64-bit to 32-bit after it has been installed must mean that I somehow have installed the wrong version at the get-go, even though I can't find the ISO anymore.

What is the output of: omv-aptclean

Here (had to remove some unimportant lines due to the 10000 character limit):

Sometimes you have to ask, the same as what it's being installed on :)
    Looking at the output from what @ryecoaaron docker-ce is not installed which is required before the docker-gui will install.

Under OMV-Extras enable the Docker-CE repo wait until the pop progress bar closes then run the above again it should show that Docker-CE has been installed. (At least that's how mine worked)

Thanks for trying to help, unfortunately Docker still does not show up in the list. The Docker repo does show up as enabled in OMV-Extras and I tried disabling & re-enabling it but it still won't install ("held broken packages"). I also tried removing and re-installing OMV-Extras but to no avail :(

I just ran some updates in "Update Management" and they installed just fine, as did OMV-extras. But Docker I still am unable to install... Here is the complete output of the Docker installation attempt:

Here's the output of dpkg -l | grep -E "openm|docker":

Highly probable, if this is a new clean install I suggest you start again, it's less hassle than trying to resolved something that was installed that should not have been.

Unfortunately this is not a clean install... Getting everything to work was such a hassle that I'd rather try fixing this issue than reinstall.

It seems that I can still install plugins which aren't from OMV-extras so could re-installing OMV-extras possibly fix the issue?

What are you installing this on? BTW the plugin is deprecated, Docker is the preferred method.

My OMV is version 4.1.23-1 and it's running on a Pentium G4560T.

Only after trying to install the Plex plugin via OMV-extras and fiddling around with it I read that the plugin is deprecated. At first when I tried to install the Plex plugin it gave a 404:

Code
    E: Failed to fetch https://downloads.plex.tv/repo/deb/pool/p/plexmediaserver/plexmediaserver_1.14.1.5488-cc260c476_i386.deb  404  Not Found
    E: Aborting install.

And then I tried enabling the Plex repos by following the instructions here: https://support.plex.tv/articl…nux-server-distributions/ :

Code
    echo deb https://downloads.plex.tv/repo/deb public main | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plexmediaserver.list
    curl https://downloads.plex.tv/plex-keys/PlexSign.key | sudo apt-key add -

But that didn't help either, in fact could those steps have been what messed it all up? Because I was already getting the "you have held broken packages"-message also when I tried to install Plex via the plugins page after the commands above. I read about Docker only after I had already ran those commands so I don't know whether installing Docker prior to that would have worked or not.

Hi,
    I have messed up my OMV-extras repos somehow but I'm not sure how or when it has happened. I tried installing the plexmediaserver plugin and also the Docker plugin but they both fail with the same sort of error message:

Code
    The following packages have unmet dependencies: openmediavault-docker-gui : Depends: docker-ce (>= 5:19.03) but it is not installable                             Depends: docker-ce (< 5:19.04) but it is not installableE: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.<<< *************************************

Code
    openmediavault-plexmediaserver : Depends: plexmediaserver but it is not installable or                                           plexmediaserver-installer but it is not installableE: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.<<< *************************************

Should I completely remove omv-extras or is there something else I could do? Thanks!

What does omv-update say?

Actually, I was able to resolve the issue just now by me selecting and upgrading only "python-urllib3 (1.24-1~bpo9+1)" which made 8 out of 10 stuck updates disappear. I thought I had also tried that one but apparently I hadn't... The 2 remaining ones were then also successfully upgraded when I selected them and pressed "Upgrade". So everything seems to be ok now.

I still tried 'omv-update' just in case and there were no errors. I'll mark the thread as resolved, thanks for your reply though!

These 10 updates appeared today for me in "Update Management":

• python-certbot (0.25.0-1~bpo9+1)
    • openmediavault-letsencrypt (3.4.5)
    • python3-acme (0.25.1-1~bpo9+1)
    • python3-asn1crypto (0.24.0-1~bpo9+1)
    • python3-certbot (0.25.0-1~bpo9+1)
    • python3-cryptography (2.3-1~bpo9+1)
    • python3-pbr (4.2.0-4~bpo9+2)
    • python3-requests (2.12.4-1)
    • python3-requests-toolbelt (0.7.0-1)
    • python-urllib3 (1.24-1~bpo9+1)

Trouble with them is, I selected them all (as I usually do) and pressed "Upgrade" but instead of them installing I was just met with the following recurring error:

Code
    The following packages have unmet dependencies: python3-requests : Depends: python3-chardet (>= 3.0.2) but 2.3.0-2 is to be installedE: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

I then tried to install them one by one since they all are still showing up in the update list but now I just get a message saying that the package is already installed: "X is already the newest version -0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 4 not upgraded". The only exception to this is "python3-requests (2.12.4-1)" which is still throwing the error about having held broken packages.

I'm not really sure how to proceed with this, somehow the update list got broken by the python3-requests upgrade and now I can't get rid of them anymore from the Update Management -list even though 9 out of 10 packages seem to have installed? And what can I do to fix the python3-chardet issue? I haven't had any issues with updates before today...

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

Any ideas / suggestions? I'm still having the issue and the SMB connection seems to always stay alive for exactly 90 minutes after the Windows 10 PC has been shut down. It'd be nice if that 90 minutes could be changed somehow but I haven't figured out how.

A workaround would be to create a cron job which would restart the samba service at, say, 30 minute intervals at around 11pm-1am for autoshutdown to work faster but I'd rather find a more elegant solution...

Hi I'm having some peculiar issues with SMB connection not closing when I shut down the PC. I have the autoshutdown plugin installed and it monitors port 445 for active connections, the problem is that the autoshutdown does not put the OMV server into standby because it detects an active connection on the SMB port up to 1.5 hours after my main PC (Win 10, IP 192.168.0.101) has been turned off:

Code
    autoshutdown[15439]: INFO: ' _check_net_status(): Found active connection on port 445 (SMB/CIFS) from 192.168.0.101'
    autoshutdown[15439]: INFO: ' Found 1 active socket(s) from Port(s): 21,22,80,139,445,3689,6991,9091,49152'
    autoshutdown[15439]: INFO: ' sleep for 300s.'

I'm assuming that this is caused by the windows 10 machine not properly closing the SMB session when it turns off? Could I somehow force a timeout for idle connections in OMV's SMB configuration?

Could the reason for sda not showing up in 'File System' be because the RAID was created on another NAS (proprietary 2-bay NAS box NSA325-V2 running linux by Zyxel)? I didn't notice until now that both drives have 487M partitions outside of the RAID array, sda1 is swap and sdb1 is ext2.

In any case I need the array to work even if the Seagate, sdb, fails... Should I just delete and recreate the RAID 1 array from within OMV and use all space for the array or is there any other way I could fix this?

Code
    ~# lsblk -o NAME,SIZE,FSTYPE,TYPE,MOUNTPOINT
    NAME          SIZE FSTYPE            TYPE  MOUNTPOINT
    sda           3.7T                   disk
    ├─sda1        487M swap              part
    └─sda2        3.7T linux_raid_member part
      └─md0       2.7T ext4              raid1 /srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-Vault-0
    sdb           2.7T                   disk
    ├─sdb1        487M ext2              part
    └─sdb2        2.7T linux_raid_member part
      └─md0       2.7T ext4              raid1 /srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-Vault-0

Check

Bash
    # cat /proc/mdstat

It surely shows you a degraded RAID.

I think you misunderstand how MDADM RAID works. Please check the kernel documentation about MDADM for more information.

Here's the output of cat /proc/mdstat, doesn't this mean that the RAID is ok?:

Code
    md0 : active raid1 sdb2[0] sda2[2]      2929765240 blocks super 1.2 [2/2] [UU]

And here's the output of mdadm --detail /dev/md0:

Hi, I'm having some issues with redundancy not working as it should with my RAID 1 setup. I'm running a fresh install of OMV 4.1.8 and as storage drives I have a WD RED 4TB (sda) and a Seagate Barracuda 3TB (sdb).

Today I noticed, by accident, that if sdb is removed then the entire RAID disappears and the File System status shows that md0 is missing. sda still shows up in 'Disks' but not in 'File Systems' This, of course, is not how RAID 1 should work and it means that if I lose the Seagate drive then my RAID is apparently lost. This is also bad because the Seagate is the older drive and it has a reputation for failing.

When both drives are connected the RAID works as it should and the status is 'Clean' with both drives showing up in 'Disks' and 'RAID management'. But I noticed that sda does *not* show up in 'File Systems' even when both drives are connected and the RAID is working normally. I'm guessing that's part of the issue why my RAID disappears if sdb is removed... I've attached a screenshot of what it looks like when both drives are connected and RAID is working.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Hi, new user here with a fresh install of OMV 4.1.7.

I have installed the wakealarm-plugin from omv-extras but it does not seem to work. I have scheduled wakealarms and tested them by putting the computer into standby but it does not turn on when it should. I've attached as an example one of the alarms which should have turned on the computer from standby at 11:07 but it didn't.

Also, I noticed from Syslog that there is a weird wakealarm cron job (/etc/cron.d/wakealarm) spamming the logs:
    * * * * * root test -x /usr/sbin/wakealarm && /usr/sbin/wakealarm > /dev/null 2>&1

Any ideas what to try next? Should I delete the cron job? Thanks!

I tried installing the newest version 13.0.3 of NC on my fresh OMV install (4.1.7) and I also ran into the "permission denied" error with Nginx when trying to open http://192.168.0.xx:90/. Turns out that you need to set every folder in the entire path to +x for Nginx to work...

Also, can someone tell me why NC should be installed on the shared folder/drive of the storage disk(s) instead of the OS drive? Everything else is installed on the OS drive so why not NC?