Beiträge von reeneex

fun fact, when i do this, it dos not show up. The device is /dev/sdg.

Take a look at the picture. It´s a screenshot from the same minute. And /dev/sdh is another USB drive. This one works fine

Hi there,

i bought a 12TB seagate drive for backup use. I connected the device to the OMV, made in OMV a filesystem, called it ´Backup` and copied all the files from the different folders to corresponding folders on the USB drive via Windows.

After this, i took out al the drives and put 6 new in, made a RAID6 with them and started to copy the Folders from the deagate back.

After finished, i disconnected the USB drive. Today i saw that there are some files missing. So i took the USB drive, connected it, and started the proces of mounting an existing file system. But there is no more file system on the USB!!!!

Any chance to find out what happend or get back the file system? The only thing i can do is to create a new filesystem. But....

I hope you have any idea.

Thanks in advance for your time and help

Matt

hey there,

i´m running on a new setup OMV7. Had before everything on single HDD´s and changed to a RAID 6. Now i´m copying al the files with cloud commander to the RAID. The original HDD is connected via USB.

This is going well, as far as i can say. Because....... i cant see the progress in cloud commander. In the beginning there was a percentage window, but now i´m not sure if he is still working or if he is finished, because everything i can see is that there is a backround job running and the CPU is constantly on 35-50%.

How can i see what my system is doing?

sfcampbell

so basicly the best for me is a RAID6.

I´m going to build a RAID 6 from the 8 HDD´s for all the stuff wich i do need need daily. With the 2 SSD´s i build a RAID1 for the things i need often. The OS i leave on the small SSD at the internal USB3

The NVMe´s.... One is 1TB and the other 512GB. Can i use the small one as a cache for the RAID 6? The 1Tb i leave as a "if needed" storage for fast reading and writing.

macom

i´m using it for data storage. mostly video, pictures and music. It is connected with the 2 LAN ports to my home network. This is running with a FritzBox 6660 for Internet, a 8 Port Ubiquiti Switch wich gives POE for the 3 Ubiquiti WLAN and a 24 port Netgear Switch JGS524Ev2

Basicly i´m using mostly a PC wich is connected over LAN to the network. I´m doing a bit Lightroom and Premiere after the holidays. Thats what the bigger NVMe is for.

The NAS is to keep the pictures and videos. Also i´m using a Nvidia Shield with Kodi as a media center. The TVShows and Movies are stored also in the NAS. Thats the only streaming.

What you guys suggest?

hey there,

i´m using OMV now since 5 years. The OS is running on a self build system.

The hardware is

- Supermicro X11-SCA-F (2x1GB LAN)

- Intel Pentium Gold G5400

- OS is installed on a 64GB SSD connected to the on board USB3

The whole thing is in a Inter-Tech 4U 4408 Housing.

Right now i have 8 HDD´s between 3 and 8TB Storage in the housing, 2 NVMe SSD on the mainboard and 2x 512GB SSD over a SATA connector card.

The things i need often, like documents, are stored on the SSD´s. One NVMe is for fast writing when TVHeadend is running, the other one whem i´m working with pictures.

All the storage devices are connected straight in OMV . No version of RAID is in use.

Now, with the cheaper prices for HDD´s, i´m thinI would hope king of a RAID. But wich version? Hard- or software? Raid 1,5,10 or ......

I would hope for some tips, link´s to hardware and so on.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Matt

Moinsen die Damen und Herren,

ich habe im Keller ein OMV-NAS in einem Serverschrank. Das lief die letzten 5 Jahre super durch. Natürlich immer updates usw gemacht.

Am Samstag ging es dann aus unerfindlichen Gründen nicht mehr zu starten. Habe daraufhin die Hardware geprüft, alles ok. Dann die üblichen Fehlerquellen. Alle Platten abgesteckt und nur mit Systemplatte versucht, kein Erfolg.

Dann MB gecheckt, BIOS etwas veraltet, aber da es bisher lief nix gemacht. Deshalb nun BIOS Update gemacht. Ist jetzt das aktuelle von diesem Jahr. Dann im Log gesehen das die CMOS Batterie schwächelt. Diese also getauscht. Dann BIOS Hard Resett gemacht LPT1 gebrückt.

Danach OMV komplett neu installiert. Läuft auch soweit. Mein Problem, der Start des ganzen dauert gefühlt ewig und 3 Jahre.

im Log steht Fehler: System Firmware Error (POST Error) - Unrecoverable hard-disk/ATAPI/IDE device failure - Assertion

und es hängt bei DXE--Legacy OPROM Initialization.

Sieht jemand eine Möglichkeit rauszufinden was genau das Problem ist?

die Hardware sieht wie folgt aus:

- MB Supermicro X11SCA-F

- 64GB SSD per USB 3.0 Buchse direkt auf dem Board als Systemplatte

- Erweiterungskarte mit 4 S-ATA Ports auf dem PCH Slot 7 (PCIe 3.0x1) an der 3 SSD´s hängen

- 8 Festplatten im HotSwap Gehäuse direkt per S-ATA am MB angeschlossen

- 2 NVMe Karten auf den beiden Plätzen am MB

an in english:

Danke schon mal vorab für Eure Zeit und Hilfe

Matthias

ok, somethimg was right. i get

Code
    Last login: Thu May 26 16:37:02 2022 from 192.168.188.19
    root@Speicher:~# /usr/sbin/rtcwake -m off -t $(date -d "next fri 19:00" +%s)
    rtcwake: wakeup from "off" using /dev/rtc0 at Fri Oct 21 17:00:00 2022

could you explain what the single parts of this command mean?

Because, the NAS is off now. 8|:/ and i cant wait until next friday. How doi i start it again? I could start it by hand of course

I startet the NAS by hand :whistling::S and wrote a new sheduled job. Hopefully it works now

15:03 shut down

15:10 switch on

so far so good, the shut down worked. Let´s see if the start procedure works as well

( imagine the Jeopardy jingle is playing for the waiting time)

(another 4 minutes)

and now at 15:13, the NAS did not start.

So shut down works, switch on not.

Hello,

I´m curios, is there a way to configure my NAS in the way that it start (switch on) omn friday at 7pm and switch off at sunday at 10pm. I dont need it the other days.

There are two persons with phones and laptops having acces to the NAS. And a older Samsung TV wich uses the MiniDLNA service for movies.

The NAS is with 2 SSD´s by 120GB each and 2 HDD´s by 5TB and 8TB.

The reason is to save power. Hardware is a Asrock J5040-ITX and a be quiet! System Power 7 PSU 300 Watt

Any ideas or help are apreciatet.

Theanks for your time and afford

Matt

ich verstehe die aussage ehrlich gesagt nicht. das Netzteil läuft und liefert strom, ztu erkennen an den sich drehenden lüftern und an der blauen Kontroll led ausen am gehäuse die angeht wnn ich den startknopf drücke. die CR2032 habe ich momentan nicht auf lager, aber bestellt. ich versuche später noch mal die alte.