Beiträge von Steuko

Hi,

I just reinstalled my WIN 10 desktop and I cannot see any of my shares on my OMV server (v3.2.0-6-amd64). I tried:
    - same workgroup, also changed from my own to WIN default.
    - ping to server still works fine
    - my linux mint laptop CAN see all shares properly
    - in OMV SMB/CIFS I added Extra Options:
    client min protocol = SMB2
    client max protocol = SMB3
    - in WIN 10 samba entries was added to registers according thread "HOW-TO-Connect-to-OMV-SMB-shares-with-Windows-10..."
    - in WIN 10, I use MSA credential (this was not in previous WIN 10 install) - I tried also add my OMV users to local win credentials for server IP and separately for server name
    - when I try to connect manually to server I receive error reffering that connection is not safe and uses SMB1, see picture. Why windows thinks of that? Do I do something wrong?

Do you have any ideas what else should I try? I spent many hours with this and I'm confused. I just used brand new install of win 10 pro, activated by original key, iso image was from microsoft.

Thanks a lot for suggestions.

EDIT:
    I just find, that I used wrong string: "server min protocol = SMB2". I tried as mentioned above "client min protocol = SMB2", but I get result in Diagnostics>Services>SMB/CIFS:
    Ignoring unknown parameter "client min protocol"
    Unknown parameter encountered: "client max protocol"
    Ignoring unknown parameter "client max protocol"
    I just added this to shares as well, but result is still unknown parameters

EDIT2:
    Only one thing helped - enable SMB1 in WIN 10, but this is not what I'm looking for due to safety reasons. How can I force SMB2 on both sides? Why does OMV's samba ignore my client min protocol value?