Beiträge von Britman

This is odd. Goes to try and login in this morning to find that the login box has gone. No amount of refreshing the browser or clearing the history and cookies has brought it back. Tried in Firefox and Chrome and from 2 computers.
    I can still access files from nautilus, just not the webUI.

So as I have a new install I thought I'd make a backup of my data folders to an external drive. I setup some Rsnapshots and clicked 'Run' a popup appeared, all good. But I've since been logged out of the webui and there's no indication of the Rsnapshot progress.
    It can't be done already (been about an hour), there's nearly 1TB of data to be backed up.

Is there a plugin for Rsnapshot that gives a webUI or some other way to check it's progress?

Cheers.

Hey.

So I'm finally back using OMV, I was using Windows Home Server, but a hard drive failure forced a rebuild so thought OMV was the way to go.
    Anyway my Windows 7 system doesn't see my shared folders, SMB/Cifs is enabled, my main PC using Ubuntu MATE has no trouble seeing and mounting the shared folders. At first I thought it might be a ACL issue so went in and gave sambashare read/write access (probably not a good idea) But still nothing, rebooted the router and server. Still it doesn't show.

Any help would be fantastic.

Britman. :thumbup:

Today was the first time I've run Windows since switching the server to OMV.

Now because I keep everything the same from the Windows Home Server 2011 install, like the I.P address, WORKGROUP and server name. Windows 7 Libraries still pointed to the server folders that I'd altered previously (//SERVER/Music)

Anyway because I've created more share folders in OMV I wanted to add a link to them under Libraries. Trouble is the server is not longer showing in Network Places, so I can't actually add the share folder location.

So it appears Windows has no trouble connecting it just can't see it under Network.

I also checked the smb.conf file and all seems correct.

Hows the best way to resolve this? I also need it to setup a rsync backup of the Windows system to the server.

Thanks.

I need to backup the content of my server to something I cab rotate off site. I used to use WHS2011 and used software to backup important folder to a external HDD. is this still possible in omv? im not bothered about backing up the server itself, just my data.

whats the best solution do you think?

Hey,

Not sure if this is normal or not, I'm running Linux Elementary OS and when I select entire network so I can navigate to my shared folders I can actually select one called

server - SSH

Is this normal? It does ask for a username and password.

Brilliant, made up with this. Got SABnzb install like a boss.

However I have a question regarding SickBeard. I'd already installed it using this tutorial http://thekentishman.wordpress…ard-sabnzbd/#comment-3791 Then for some reason I used this guide to install it again to the same folder. Anyway it seemed to work but the port number is 8081 and the previous install the port if 8085. The link in OMV Webui points to 8081, anyway to change that to point to 8085?

Thanks.

Hey,
    Only had omv installed for about 30 minutes, like what I'm seeing. I've added my 4 hdd to the N40L, wiped them and set them up in 2 mirrors (1 x 1TD & 1 x 2TB)

Trouble is now I can't add a shared folder, when I select Add I can enter the name ok but when I come to select the volume the dropdown menu it comes up loading for a second then is empty. Isn't the raided drives supposed to be listed? Or am I just doing it all wrong.

thanks.
    Mark