Beiträge von robster

Hi all,

I have a gmail account that I use as a bit of a throwaway / test account and am trying to use for email notifications for OMV.

The logs show:

postfix/pipe[6279]: E8EF870E283:
    to=<openmediavault-notification@localhost.localdomain>,
    relay=omvnotificationfilter, delay=0.07, delays=0.03/0.01/0/0.02,
    dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered via omvnotificationfilter service)

OMV says test email sent. I never receive any though.

gmail did warn me that OMV tried and I had to turn on less secure apps but still no emails coming through.

So, I wonder. What other providers out there are known to work well? Any suggestions appreciated. Thank you

Hi all,

I've installed Restic and run it successfully from the command line in a bash script.
    It runs successfully as I've done this in terminal as root:

Code
    export B2_ACCOUNT_ID=""
    export B2_ACCOUNT_KEY=""
    export RESTIC_PASSWORD_FILE="/home/restic-password.txt"

I then run restic from terminal via my bash script using ./runResticBackup.sh and it works perfectly.

I then take that bash script and enter it into Scheduled Jobs in the OMV dashboard and run the job to test it.

It gives this output:

Bash
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export SHELL=/bin/sh; sudo --shell --non-interactive --user=root -- ./home/bashScripts/runResticBackup.sh 2>&1' with exit code '1': Fatal: unable to open B2 backend: Account ID ($B2_ACCOUNT_ID) is empty
    Error #0: OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export SHELL=/bin/sh; sudo --shell --non-interactive --user=root -- ./home/bashScripts/runResticBackup.sh 2>&1' with exit code '1': Fatal: unable to open B2 backend: Account ID ($B2_ACCOUNT_ID) is empty in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/cron.inc:175 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(565): OMVRpcServiceCron->{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusjD...', '/tmp/bgoutputN2...') #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/cron.inc(179): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure)) #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceCron->execute(Array, Array) #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('execute', Array, Array) #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Cron', 'execute', Array, Array, 1) #6 {main}

So what I take from that is this line Fatal: unable to open B2 backend: Account ID ($B2_ACCOUNT_ID) is empty and that means my variables I exported in the terminal are not being read by the Scheduled Jobs user.

How can I get these variables accessible to the Scheduled Jobs user so the bash script can run?

Thanks so much...

Hi all,

I'm trying to backup my OMV shared data to a Backblaze B2 Bucket. I tried the technodad tutorial on Duplicati and it worked, almost, but it keeps getting database errors when syncing to B2 and stops backing up. So looking around I found Duplicity. REALLY nice and easy to use from the command line when installed locally but I want it in OMV and gave it a whirl via docker.

Using this image : https://hub.docker.com/r/tecnativa/duplicity
    Code at : https://github.com/Tecnativa/docker-duplicity

Starting the container to set it up I have began but I'm stuck on things like networking and port forwarding.

Also the SRC variable mentions mounts, so I'm assuming I then use Volumes and Bind Mounts near the bottom of the docker settings? If so, what do I name them?

I do apologise as I'm quite new at Docker and there's just nothing out there on Duplicity so I'm trail blazing with limited skills.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Hi all,

I setup NextCloud in a docker container with a maria database also in a docker container according to the Techno Dad Life tutorial.

I am worried though that if it all goes bad, I lose a lot of setup and info (my nextcloud is heavily used with to do lists, notes, bookmarks, news, etc etc).

How can I backup the dabase so it can be restored in case of an emergency?

Thanks so much

Hi all,

Following the docs carefull (and note I have created MANY shares over the years) I am now stuck with a new error stopping me creating shares.

• I head to the Share link.
    • Add a share.
    • Give it a name, leave path as default, permissions to everyone read write for now.
    • Save.
    • Approve change at bar at top

I then get this error:

Bash
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; systemctl restart 'sharedfolders-Rsync\x2dBackups.mount' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Assertion failed on job for sharedfolders-Rsync\x2dBackups.mount.

with details of:

Bash
    Error #0: OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; systemctl restart 'sharedfolders-Rsync\x2dBackups.mount' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Assertion failed on job for sharedfolders-Rsync\x2dBackups.mount. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(86): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array, 1) #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(160): OMV\System\SystemCtl->exec('restart', NULL, false) #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/sharedfolders.inc(66): OMV\System\SystemCtl->restart() #3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(194): OMVModuleSharedfolders->startService() #4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array) #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(149): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array) #7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(565): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatus2V...', '/tmp/bgoutputYN...') #8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(159): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure)) #9 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(213): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array) #10 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array) #11 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #12 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array) #13 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1) #14 {main}

Now I don't have a share called `Rsync` and I'm not sure if that's the problem.

What can I do to work this out?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I wonder if you'd be able to show a screen shot of your setup?
    I am in particular interested in:
    - the ports (is it Bridge If so, what is the host name?)
    - the volumes (i see there are three, I don't follow and would love to see how that looks and why there are three)

If you don't mind it would be very helpful

That would be amazing. I can wait. I keep seeing questions on how, but there's no clear step by steps. For example, if I need to install anything on say my ubuntu desktop machine, what is that I need to install? Should I be using The OMV Plugin "Remote Mount" (been researching)? If so, how the hell do I set that up as I'm failing miserably at that too. It's a minefield for those of us less savvy. Anything step by step and logical would be really appreciated.

My apology.

I am trying to pull from folders on computers on my home network to my OMV server using rsync.

My understanding is I can somehow:

1 - In OMV, define a folder on one of my local computers as a some kind of share / access point
    2 - Tell the rsync plugin to read from that share point and copy to a share on the OMV server

I may be wrong in this but I'm a little stumped

I'm not sure of any http server running from it? All I know is it has its admin panel where I can adjust settings etc.
    I had a good look through the admin panel just now and can't find anything.

So...assuming I can change the port (I have this modem https://support.netcommwireles…-User-Guide-NC-R6B016.pdf )

I can see the docs show this (image below). Do I just change the 80 to another number? Is there a recommended number to change this to? I'm a little confused as I wouldn't expect that the technodad video would expect people to change their modem/routers http port so maybe some info is missing in his video?

Thanks for your time, I do appreciate it.

Thank you for the reply. Watching his tutorials now and using your image (thanks for that). I apply the settings as per your link and get:

Code
    this port 80 is used to the Broadband Router HTTP server, Please choose other port.

I'm .... stumped on what to do here. Should I research changing my router's port from 80 to something else? If I do that, will it affect any of my other setup services etc? I am a little hesitant here as I'm getting a little out of my depth (but this is how we learn I guess)