Posts by blindguy

After 15 or 20 min I start gettting alerts from OMV that my UPS is not communicating.

When I go to the webinterface I get the following error:
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; upsc 'CP1000PFCLCD' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Init SSL without certificate database Error while connecting to localhost, disconnect Error: Server disconnected
    Error #0:
    exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; upsc 'CP1000PFCLCD' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Init SSL without certificate database
    Error while connecting to localhost, disconnect
    Error: Server disconnected' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/nut.inc(100): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceNetworkUPSTools->getStats(NULL, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(84): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getStats', NULL, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(516): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Nut', 'getStats', NULL, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}

If I open up a CLI and do the following I get the following message:

omv-mkconf nut
    systemctl restart nut-monitor
    systemctl restart nut-server

Job for nut-server.service failed. See 'systemctl status nut-server.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.

However if I do the same thing one more time everything starts working for 10-15 min and then I start getting email from OMV that my UPS is disconnected.

omv-mkconf nut
    systemctl restart nut-monitor
    systemctl restart nut-server

Are there any logs or something I can review? Anyone have any ideas?

Do you know if it will be released soon? I had to rebuild my box over the weekend and I don't have any remote shares working.

zed ~ # dpkg -l | grep openm
    ii openmediavault 3.0.59 all Open network attached storage solution
    ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii openmediavault-netatalk 3.2.5 all OpenMediaVault netatalk (AppleTalk Protocol Suite) plugin
    ii openmediavault-nut 3.2.7 all OpenMediaVault Network UPS Tools (NUT) plugin
    ii openmediavault-omvextrasorg 3.4.14 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    ii openmediavault-sensors 3.0 all Provides a cpu temperature monitor

I have clicked on the Apt-clean button and even tried the update button net to it but no matter what I do the only option I have is remotemount 3.0.3 and when i try to install that I get the following:

Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable distribution that some required packages have not yet been created or been moved out of Incoming.
    The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    openmediavault-remotemount : Depends: cifs-utils but it is not installable
    Depends: curlftpfs but it is not installable
    Depends: openmediavault (>= 3.0.60) but 3.0.59 is to be installed
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
    <<< *************************************

>>> *************** Error ***************
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive; apt-get --yes --force-yes --fix-missing --allow-unauthenticated --reinstall install openmediavault-remotemount 2>&1': Reading package lists...

NZBGet is awesome. I have it setup to ignore dupes. You could try that. Also, NZBGet has no auto retry feature. If it is downloading the same file over and over then something is telling NZBGet to download that file over and an over.

On the incomming NZBs page ther is a option for DupeCheck:
    If this option is enabled the program checks by adding of a new nzb-file:
    1) if history contains the same title (see below) with success status the nzb-file is not added to queue;
    2) if download queue already contains the same title the nzb-file is added to queue for backup (if the first file fails);
    3) if nzb-file contains duplicate entries. This helps to find errors in bad nzb-files.

"Same title" means the nzb file name is same or the duplicate key is same. Duplicate keys are set by fetching from RSS feeds using title identifier fields provided by RSS provider (imdbid or rageid/season/episode).

If duplicates were detected only one of them is downloaded. If download fails another duplicate is tried. If download succeeds all remaining duplicates are deleted from queue.

NOTE: For automatic duplicate handling option HealthCheck must be set to "Delete", "Park" or "None". If it is set to "Pause" you will need to manually unpause another duplicate (if any exists in queue).

NOTE: For more info on duplicates see http://nzbget.net/RSS.

Good luck and I hope you figure it out, it is a great app.

I use clonezilla to make a copy of my production system and then I run clonezilla from inside of a VM to restore my production system inside of the VM. the attached storage gets strange as I set the VM to not have access to the other hard drives but the basic system runs and I can test some functions that way.

Just got a Dell Poweredge 2950 and having a bit of a problems.

When I run sensors from CLI, I get the following:

i5k_amb-isa-0000
    Adapter: ISA adapter
    Ch. 0 DIMM 0: +57.5°C (low = +105.0°C, high = +120.0°C)
    Ch. 0 DIMM 1: +53.5°C (low = +105.0°C, high = +120.0°C)
    Ch. 1 DIMM 0: +56.5°C (low = +105.0°C, high = +120.0°C)
    Ch. 1 DIMM 1: +51.0°C (low = +105.0°C, high = +120.0°C)
    Ch. 2 DIMM 0: +56.5°C (low = +105.0°C, high = +120.0°C)
    Ch. 2 DIMM 1: +51.0°C (low = +105.0°C, high = +120.0°C)
    Ch. 3 DIMM 0: +58.0°C (low = +105.0°C, high = +120.0°C)
    Ch. 3 DIMM 1: +51.5°C (low = +105.0°C, high = +120.0°C)

coretemp-isa-0000
    Core 0: +42.0°C (high = +84.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
    Core 1: +40.0°C (high = +84.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
    Core 2: +41.0°C (high = +84.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
    Core 3: +42.0°C (high = +84.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)

coretemp-isa-0001
    Core 0: +49.0°C (high = +84.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
    Core 1: +42.0°C (high = +84.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
    Core 2: +46.0°C (high = +84.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
    Core 3: +46.0°C (high = +84.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)

However when I look in the GUI I get frown faces. I tried using the Will also monitor CPU cores Temperatures options but that didnt work either. Any suggestions are appreciated. Also, as I can see the memory temps, are there any checkboxes I can use to show that data?

If it has been running for a while it might have been installed fine but never removed.

Here are the Jessie packages:

https://packages.debian.org/Je…ll/firmware-bnx2/download
    https://packages.debian.org/Je…l/firmware-bnx2x/download

Here are notes I found on the internet:

Important NoteThe driver neccessary for the network cards is the kernel module 'bnx2'. This has been removed with kernel 2.6.23 because of GPL-violations, so you can only use installers/kernels up to 2.6.22 if you need the network cards.
    With kernel 2.6.25 the module has been added again, but without the neccessary firmware. So the network cards would only work with lenny if lenny will use 2.6.25 and with the right firmware.

The firmware-bnx2 in non-free include the required firmware for the network card to work with the 2.6.26 kernel included in lenny.

You can also read more at:
    http://blackbird.si/debian-whe…netxtreme-ii-bnx2-driver/

Sorry to wake up such a old thread but I just got a Dell 2950 and I am also having problems getting the network card working. I have tried to configure the IP manually but it still will not connect to the internet. IT has two nics and I have tried them both. Any one have any thoughts?

I was able to manually config the NIC but the nic would not work until after I rebooted so that when I tried to add a repo it failed.

Can someone please let me know what all I should have in my sources.list? I added a few and got some things going but I think I missed a few.

I just upgraded and I am unable to watch any anythign via the web browser. I can watch things via the client but when I try and watch in chrome or IE I get a message telling me "There was a problem playing this item."

I noticed that at the end of the update there were many permissions being changed, could that have affected antying?