Posts by blindguy

I figured out a way to get any plugin that uses a shared folder to use a folder on the system drive. Just have not had time to document it in the Guides section. I think it will work with some of the plugins that use volumes but have not tested that. It would save people from having to create a partition on the system drive.

I for one would love to hear more about this!!

I have the UPS NUT 2.0 plugin installed and it does not shut down my UPS it shuts down the server once the UPS is on battery power. I have mine set for 5 mins as a lof of time I have quick 1 min power outages and I like the server to stay online. Once the server powers down it cannot send any additional commands to the UPS as the server is offline.

If your UPS turns off after it shuts down the server you may have some custom UPS software running in that background.

On first one will be OS + added partition with Documents (photos etc) shared to home web. Partition with Documents will be rsynced each day to next one (WD 1TB)

Please note that you will not be able to use the OMV OS drive to store data on without some additional work. OMV is designed to use the entire OMV OS drive for the OS. There are ways after install that you can resize and make more partitions and then make them available but that is level 2 type stuff. I would suggesting getting a small SSD to run the OMV OS on.

To get the plug in working...

1 - Get Plex working under OMV
    2 - DL traktv Plugin and place in /media/51344d39-4599-4bc1-8c0e-dbcb3ae38741/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins (replace the UID with your actual UID)
    3 - nano /etc/fstab (I like to copy it first) and edit the entry for the UUID and remove the noexec entry

old line:
    UUID=51344d39-4599-4bc1-8c0e-dbcb3ae38741 /media/51344d39-4599-4bc1-8c0e-dbcb3ae38741 ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl 0 2

new line:
    UUID=51344d39-4599-4bc1-8c0e-dbcb3ae38741 /media/51344d39-4599-4bc1-8c0e-dbcb3ae38741 ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl 0 2

4 - reboot and the plugin will work fine.

Any questions?

Now go to the mounted path and try sudo -u deluge-daemon touch test a test file should appear owned by user nobody.

Any way to get this to make the owner as root:root, I don't have a nobody user and all my other stuff is not working as it can't access the files that deluge drops unless I go in and chmod them. Sure I can create a script to chmod them and run a cron job and all that but would rather just drop the files with the proper user/permissions.

I do apprecate all the assistance but it really seems to be a hell of a work around instead of simply running the deluge as root.

Did you try adding the deluged to the users group???

I'll try anything. Should I do that on the main box or the VM?

Problem is the remote share plugin does not give extra options to use uid and gid. All goes to root:root

Which is why I thought running Deluge as root would be easiest.

I an guessing the folder under /root/.config/deluge has not been initialized, with some basic configuration for Deluge.

There is a deluge folder under /root/.config/ however it looks like Deluge is not using that folder it looks like it is using the core.config file from /home/deluge-daemon/.config/deluge/core.config that file has all my settings in it.

BTW Why do you need to run as root? Can't you solve this with some basic posix permissions?

I'm not sure what a posix permission is, googling it right after I write this.
    I have OMV running on my server (alpha). Alpha has my samba share all set as //aplha/archive01/ (need access from windows also) and I have a user with read/write permissions and lastly, alpha is running the virtualbox plugin. In the VB plugin I am running another server (beta). On beta I am using the remote share pluging to map back to //alpha/archive/ as /media/1234-123123-123123/archive01. I created a link by doing a ln -s /media/1234-123123-123123/archive01/ /media/ so I can access it by using it as /media/archive01. I have deluge trying to store files to /media/archive01/deluge but it is failing as the deluge-daemon user has no rights to that share. Do I have to create a deluge-daemon on Alpha and give them access to //aplha/archive01? I had this same problem when running NZBGet and I was able to fix that by editing the /etc/init.d/nzbget to use the root user.

I tired asking this to the Deluge folks but they say I need to talk to the person who setup the plugin as they don not know what the plugin does or creates.

I'm trying to run the Deluge plugin as root. The location I'm tryign to store the files to does not have access for the deluge-daemon user. I tried editing the /etc/init.d/deluge-daemon to use the DELUGED_USER="root" but when I do that and then try and start the service it does not return an error but then when I try and access the WEBGUI, I can't connect.

Anyone have any thoughts? Do I have to configure another file somewhere? I tried googling and all the guides seem to have info on how to use a deluge-daemon user and I tried reversing that but it did not work. Any assistance is appreciated.

cat /etc/passwd | grep plex
    plex:x:112:116::/var/lib/plexmediaserver:/bin/bash

Yes I think I have somehtign very wrong. Going to do a:
    apt-get --purge remove openmediavault-plexmediaserver
    apt-get --purge remove plexmediaserver
    userdel plex

reboot and then reinstall via the OMV GUI and see what happens

cat /etc/passed | grep plex
    cat: /etc/passed: No such file or directory

I think I got thinks jacked up good. I'm going to stop plex, move everything from /var/lib to /media/uuid/plex and then uninstall and then reinstall the plex plugin and see if that fixes anythign for me.

Something must have changed recently in OMV of PLEX as this used to work properly. I used to have all my plugins located at /media/UUID/plexmediaserver now I had to move them to var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/

Also, I notice that the data in the cache and Logs folder in var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/ have today date but the stuff at /media/UUID/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/ has a old date.

I think that the Plex plugin is not using the database volume or path that I setup in the OMV front end for some reason. I tried moving it from one data drive to another and it took a long time but I don't think it actually did any thing.

Any idea on how I can verify where Plex library should be storing things?

I just installed a couple of new VM's on my OMV VirtualBox host and after about 10 min in the console on the VM I get the error:

CIFS VER: Server 192.168.1.254 has not responded in 120 seconds. Reconnecting....

192.168.1.254 is the main OMV virtualbox host and my fileserver. Once I get this error, it never reconnects and I have to reboot the VM to fix the error.

I am using the remote shares plugin to map a share back to the main FS at 192.168.1.254 and the VM ip is 192.168.1.252. Everythign works for like 20 min and then it dies. Any thoughts?

I asked the same exact question in THIS post.

I just order my UPS (the same exact one!) and it has not arrived yet but I was thinking of having the UPS shut down server A and then run on server B to ping server A and if it does not get a response then to shut it self down. Might auto shut down if a network problem so not sure if it is the most robust.

I'll let you know what I am able to put together once I get the UPS.

I currently have two OMV servers but may have a couple more in the future. I have a CP1000PFCLCD ups. From what I have read, each UPS connects to the server via USB and when the server sees that its on battery it will issue a shutdown command. Is there any want to use a single UPS for multiple servers? USB hub or something?

My one thought is a script to run on server B to ping server A and if it does not get a response then to shutdown.