Beiträge von Blueman2

I had been using Portainer in the past, with 4 containers in it. Using the directions in this thread, I now have Portainer now up and running in the new Compose. However, I did not use "Stacks" in the past for my other containers.. Everything was manually configured. How do I migrate my containers without "Stacks"? Is there a place that I can copy the yaml file data from?

But did you ever had it mounted? I mean, did you ever had a 3rd drive attached and then removed it?

Yes, I am pretty sure I did, and I bet that is the cause. I currently have 3 drives listed as sda, sdb, and sdd.

I ended up commenting out the 3 lines in that file, and the errors went away. I am monitoring to see if that causes any issues (e.g. with SMART or other disk related stuff). So far, so good. I feel better now knowing this file is not in OMV6 so hopefully no longer needed. Thanks again.

Soma or anyone else who might know, any idea why I am getting there errors in my syslog? I do not even have a device sdc mounted.

Zitat

systemd-udevd[12004]: sdc: /etc/udev/rules.d/99-openmediavault-scheduler.rules:24 Failed to write ATTR{/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:13.2/usb2/2-2/2-2:1.0/host7/target7:0:0/7:0:0:0/block/sdc/queue/scheduler}, ignoring: Invalid argument

Error repeats quite often.

Finally upgraded from 5 to 6. Had 2 issues, but appears to have been successful. Am I OK to ignore the errors listed?

On first attempt to upgrade using script, I got the following error and upgrade stopped.

Code
    E: The repository 'http://deb.debian.org/debian-security bullseye/updates Release' does not have a Release file.
    N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
    N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

I still had a working 5.x system though. I then ran:

Code
    sudo wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/raw/master/fix5to6upgrade | sudo bash

This ran for about 20 minutes, but also ended with the following errors (warnings?):

Anything I need to do about those errors?

Probably it is mkrrdgraph. That runs every 15 minutes in order to update that nice graph that shows the spikes. Nothing to worry about. I did change mine to 1 hour updates, but really not necessary.

Well, but then omv-extras has probably not been upgraded when it gets broken by removing php7.0. You reported that the upgrade was interrupted on your system due to a missing repository key. You haven't described in detail what you did. Maybe you didn't really finish the upgrade process?

Good point. My upgrade halted due to a program I had added in omvextras Plugin way back and had forgotten about. During the upgrade, I guess it tried to update that program but a change in how to update the program caused it to fail. But the logging was very clear so I upgraded that program and ran the script from where it left off. But it is entirely possible that might have caused some other issue that I did not notice.

On the other hand, there do seem to be several posts by people with this same issue after upgrading from 3->4 or 4->5. The old PHP version is not uninstalled (probably because it is still in use) and a newer version is added. While everything works just fine still, it does cause some errors to be spit out in the logs. Probably not even worth doing anything about, but I am a bit OCD when it comes to error messages. ;)

Here is an example: LINK

dleidert , thanks one again for the great work in helping with the upgrade process. Much appreciated.

I have noticed that in the upgrade from 4 to 5, I now have PHP7.0 and PHP7.3. That apparently leads to the following in my log file every 30 minutes:

Code
    Apr 12 14:39:01 NAS CRON[30249]: (root) CMD (  [ -x /usr/lib/php/sessionclean ] && if [ ! -d /run/systemd/system ]; then /usr/lib/php/sessionclean; fi)
    Apr 12 14:39:06 NAS systemd[1]: Starting Clean php session files...
    Apr 12 14:39:07 NAS sessionclean[30250]: PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/20151012/pam.so' - /usr/lib/php/20151012/pam.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    Apr 12 14:39:07 NAS sessionclean[30250]: PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/20151012/pam.so' - /usr/lib/php/20151012/pam.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    Apr 12 14:39:07 NAS systemd[1]: phpsessionclean.service: Succeeded.    

I have read that uninstalling PHP7.0 is the way to go, but that breaks the web interface and requires a reinstall of omv-extras. Any change of including the uninstall of PHP in your script? Or maybe it is already there, but my PHP7.0 was in use by something else?

I tried the upgrade from 4 to 5, but the process stopped after about 45 minutes on an error related to reinstalling OMV extras. I have no GUI access to the server but can still SSH into it. Log attached. Any help?

Code
    Err:10 http://apt.insynchq.com/debian stretch InRelease
      The following signatures were invalid: EXPKEYSIG A684470CACCAF35C Insynchq Inc <services@insynchq.com>
    Reading package lists... Done
    W: GPG error: http://apt.insynchq.com/debian stretch InRelease: The following signatures were invalid: EXPKEYSIG A684470CACCAF35C Insynchq Inc <services@insynchq.com>
    E: The repository 'http://apt.insynchq.com/debian stretch InRelease' is not signed.
    N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
    N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.
    run-parts: ./post.d/10-reinstall-omvextras exited with return code 100

UPDATE: Searched and found this idea:

Code
    sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys ACCAF35C

This seemed to resolve the issue. I re-ran the post.d script and it completed!

That was a sphincter clinching moment!

Minitool was not able to resize the EXT4 partition. I am familiar with gparted also and will try that. Is gparted an extension or do I install in manually in SSH? Also, I found I am unable to unmount the data drive in OMV. Is there some secret to unmounting a data drive that is referenced?

Also, I should note that I am running headless, so cannot use live CD/USB approach. I must either remove the drive and put it on another system or find a way to unmount the drive to work on it using SSH on OMV.

EDIT: I tried many ways to unmount the drive within OMV, but it would not budge. So I just shut down OMV and plugged the USB data drive into a Linux laptop, and used resize2fs on the laptop. There must be some way to simply unmount a drive in OMV, but I could not find it. At least, without having to remove all references to the drive which would have been rather complex and time consuming to recreate when done.

I have a USB3 data drive that was 4TB. I used MiniTool to clone that onto a 10TB USB3 drive. However, Minitool did not allow me to expand the data partition. It is still 4TB. Now that the 10TB drive is installed on OMV, it works great. But still at 4TB data drive size. How to I expand the partition (/dev/sdb1) to fill the entire drive?

Thanks! Actually, your comment gave me the idea I needed to research ngnix and found the solution. Using the OMV Gui, under Services/Ngnix/Servers, select the web site you want to password protect. Then click Edit, and at the bottom there is a box for "Extra options". In that box add (without the numbers):

Code
    auth_basic "Administrator Login";
    auth_basic_user_file /srv/dev-disk-by-label-4TB/Public/WebSite/.htpasswd;

but replace the 'srv/dev..../Public/WebSite/' with whatever your location is for your website folders. Use the normal method of creating the .htpasswd file, and place it in the MAIN directory of your websites (NOT in the website directory itself). Working perfectly for me!

I have created .htaccess and .htpasswd files and put them in my root web root directory (above the directory of the web site I want to project) but it appears there is something else I need to configure? I also tried putting the files in the web site's directory itself, but still no joy. Can someone coach me on what I would type into the webui of OMV for this Nginx site?