Posts by tzinm

You can use that one, but your approach is partially wrong. Once you play around and have a working app, you need to transform all your steps into a Dockerfile so an image can be created and then run anywhere. You can read more in docker documentation on how to create apps, or look at the source code of other docker apps, like linuxserver etc.

Now I have some clues to start searching information.

Thanks!

Usually those type of container (Barr os) don’t have any applications. They must run interactively, something the plugin cannot do. You need to drop down to cli to start them.

Anything in particular you want to do with this container?

I want to run a python script permanently. This script is about a telegram bot, that allows to send torrents from telegram.

Is a useful tool to semi-autodownload films, tv shows or another thing sending the torrents.

I have this guide (in Spanish). The guide is based on the Synology OS.

Maybe there are other options to do the same thing.

I'm trying to fire up a vanilla ubuntu:latest, tried both xenial and bionic, and it doesn't start. There's no log either. it just says failed. Any ideas how to troubleshoot this?

I am trying to run up the same container but I can´t. The status show me all the time "Restarting".

Finally, do you get it?

Is also used by the script. The chatid might be expired, i mentioned above how to run manually the script test it.

I try it, but it shows me an error.

Then I try to change the value of "OMV_NOTIFICATION_MESSAGE_FILE" with a test.txt with a simple line in the txt. Now I don´t have the "cat" error, but the second error I haven´t been able to correct it.

which by the way was stated in the guide.

In the guide I understand, that curl is a way to obtain the chat id.

I have installed curl, but I don´t receive anything by telegram ?(

I am not watching any error.

Code
    omv-prueba postfix/pipe[5266]: B69557249: to=<openmediavault-notification@localhost.localdomain>, relay=omvnotificationfilter, delay=0.26, delays=0.01/0.01/0/0.24, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered via omvnotificationfilter service (/usr/share/openmediavault/notification/sink.d/20telegram: % Total % Received % Xferd Average S))

If it has extension it won’t work.

I am watching the logs, and when I test the notification it returned this:

Code
    omv-prueba postfix/pipe[8302]: 70FCB5DE3: to=<openmediavault-notification@localhost.localdomain>, relay=omvnotificationfilter, delay=0.04, delays=0.02/0.01/0/0.02, dsn=5.3.0, status=bounced (Command died with status 1: "/usr/share/openmediavault/notification/postfix-runner.sh". Command output: /usr/share/openmediavault/notification/sink.d/20telegram: /usr/share/openmediavault/notification/sink.d/20telegram: line 8: curl: command not found run-parts: /usr/share/openmediavault/notification/sink.d/20telegram exited with return code 127 )

Maybe you know what´s going on.

Thank you

I try it without extension and with ".sh" extension but it doesn´t work.

The telegram notifications guide seems easy, I don´t know why it doesn´t work for me.

Hello,

I try to configure the telegram notifications with the guide and it doesn´t work. I have email notifications working with a gmail account with 2FA (app password), could it be a problem?

I copy the script replacing de bot token and the chat id, but nothing change.

Thanks!

I see the same videos and still waiting the next that explain how to use heimdall and letsencrypt instead nextcloud & letsencryt

configure nginx properly is my fault and still I do not know how to do it.

Nextcloud needs to be by its self for the best security. For everything else, add another duckdns domain and then you can do /plex or what ever.

This weekend I try different configurations and I read different post of how to nextcloud works with subfolders in nginx proxy reverse, and the conclusion is that I will use one subdomain for nextcloud and other for the rest of services with subfolders.

By the way, good videos @TechnoDadLife.

I try some configurations with the Letsencrypt/Nginx(reverse proxy)/Nextcloud configurations. As I said in the previous post, this configuration is running find, I can access to Nextcloud by https://myserver.duckdns.org.

I want to access by https://myserver.duckdns.org/nextcloud, so for that I change some files to try it, but it doesn´t run.

In the file "nextcloud.subdomain.conf" I change this:

Code
    location / {
    proxy_pass https://$upstream_nextcloud:443;

to:

Code
    location /nextcloud {
    proxy_pass https://$upstream_nextcloud:443/nextcloud;

And already try without 443/nextcloud in the proxy_pass line.

Also I change the file "config.php" of the Nextcloud container, I change this:

Code
    ´overwrite.cli.url´ => ´https://myserver.duckdns.org/nextcloud´,

And add to the video file, as I see in this link about nextcloud Configuration Parameters:

Code
    'overwritewebroot' => ´/nextcloud´,

I don´t know, but maybe I have to change another fiels or another parameters.

Thank you in advance!

Hello you two,

Firs of all, I try this two videos of @TechnoDadLife and it works very well, Letsencrypt/Nginx(reverse proxy)/Nextcloud.

Now, I want to work the Letsencrypt container with other containers like @raulfg3 want to do. Did you get it?

I have some doubts;

If I create a domain in duckdns, for example "omvserver.duckdns.org", can I use it (only one domain) in differents docker containers changing the right files? For example, for plex "omvserver.duckdns.org/plex", for nextcloud "omvserver.duckdns.org/nextcloud", for transmission "omvserver.duckdns.org/transmission", and in this way for all containers I want.

I understand that with opening port 80 for Letsencrypt validation and por 443 for nginx reverse proxy is enough, I´m right?

I read this how to of Linuxserver.io, but the las steps I don´t understand very well, how can use the /"dockercontainer" to get the different web services of my OMV server.

Thanks!

Here is a basic restore procedure using fsarchiver for the same hard drive but a change went bad:

• Boot systemrescuecd - if you installed the iso from omv-extras, it will be in your grub menu.
    • Mount your data drive - example: mount /dev/sde1 /mnt/backup
    • Figure out where your backup file is. fsarchiver uses the .fsa extension - example: /mnt/backup/omvbackup/backup-omv-07-May-2018_10-36-31.fsa
    • Figure out what your OS drive root partiton is. Don't get this wrong! - example: /dev/sda1
    • Restore the files - example fsarchiver restfs /mnt/backup/omvbackup/backup-omv-07-May-2018_10-36-31.fsa dest=/dev/sda1
    • reboot

Here is a basic restore procedure using dd for the same hard drive but a change went bad:

• Boot systemrescuecd - if you installed the iso from omv-extras, it will be in your grub menu.
    • Mount your data drive - example: mount /dev/sde1 /mnt/backup
    • Figure out where your backup file is. dd uses the .dd.gz extension - example: /mnt/backup/omvbackup/backup-omv-07-May-2018_10-36-31.dd.gz
    • Figure out what your OS drive root partiton is. Don't get this wrong! - example: /dev/sda1
    • Restore the files - example gunzip -c /mnt/backup/omvbackup/backup-omv-07-May-2018_10-36-31.dd.gz | dd of=/dev/sda1 bs=1M status=progress
    • reboot

Hello, this is my first post, I haven´t seen where to introduce myself.

I am thinking about the best way to backup. At this time I have backups on OMV of my computers, Macbook and Windows 10 PC. With the first one I am using the Apple Filing plugin, and with the second one UrBakcup (iso backup). For all of the data content on OMV I have an external drive where I am doing backups with the USBBackup plugin. The next step is to do a cloud backup on BlackBaze with Duplicaty plugin.

Is there a better way to make backups?

I have a question about the procedure I have quoten. If I have the backup file in a cloud storage, I have to download it and copy into a server drive or it is possible to restore it from the server?