Beiträge von ceres2018

Yesterday i tried to install ntp. Stupidly i entered:

Code
     apt install ntp -y

It deinstalled all openmediavault packages including extras and plugins.

After re-installation the anacron jobs are failing with:

Any idea how to get them back?

It's not possible.

Thanks for the info.

I read some of ZFS documentation now and found, that this feature - adding disks to expand a RaidZ2 - is still under development for ZFS for linux.

I decided to continue to use mdadm for now.

When support in OMV for mdm is dropped i'll have to use the shell then to manage it.

I'll probably setup a second OMV server next year. And that will be ZFS from start.

Or if i could rebuild one drive per RAID at once. So two drives parallel at a time.

Just for the record. Using two drives at once is having no speed impact on my server.

Each disk is rebuild as fast as possible.

RaidZ2 ZFS

Thanks for the headsup. I didn't know that.

From what i read so far i need to start with empty disks right?

Is there any possibility to do this inplace without restoring from backup?

I have 7 SATA ports, which could make it tricky.

So would it be possible to start with, for instance, 3 disks RaidZ2 ZFS (copy everything from 4disk raid5, then copy the 3disk raid5) and than later on extend that RaidZ2 to 7 disks?

Hi,

i have an OMV6 Server with 8 SATA harddisk.

1x 240GB OMV

3x 6TB RAID5 as encrypted /dev/md1

4x 8TB RAID5 as encrypted /dev/md127

All drives are healthy but nearly full.

The motherboard has exactly 8 SATA Ports.

Now i have 7x 18TB drives from two different vendors.

I'd like to remove one drive and insert the new one and rebuild the array.

I'm wondering if i should upgrade and rebuild them one by one after the other.

Or if i could rebuild one drive per RAID at once. So two drives parallel at a time.

:/

What do you think?

Hi all,

my OMV 5.6.26 system disk is dying. The smart information shows red and i had to run fsck once to fix lots of bad blocks.

It was manually upgraded from OMV3 -> OMV4 -> OMV5 in the past.

During regular system updates i got some minor config errors, but it worked alright.

It has an uptime of 238 days now and because it is running so solid i didn't look into it for a long time. =O

So i want to clean install OMV 6 on a new, mirrored, system disk.

Then attach the two old raids /dev/md0 /dev/md1 to the new system.

The raids are luks encrypted /dev/mapper/md0-crypt /dev/mapper/md1-crypt

Ideally i'd like to keep user and group configuration, ACLs on disk and samba/nfs config.

OMV is just used for rsync, samba and nfs share in the local network.

The plugins i'm using are backup, luksencryption, resetperms and omvextrasorg and they have all 6.x updates.

I have a recent backup of the config.

I'm asking help on which way would be the best:

1. Simply attach old drives to new install and it'll find the two encrypted raids and can mount them. Then i setup the rest manually and fix permissions due to probably different uids with resetperms.

2. Use the backup of 5.x and take over only parts of it, like raid config, uid, gid, smb.conf and so on?

3. First inplace upgrade to 6.x, fix all config errors and then clone disk to a fresh one?

What would you do?

if i would compile it, where could i extract the build options from the plugin or do i take them out of the debian package?
    I mean things like service user for the daemon, config dir and so on prefixes.
    I've been to the github page (https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…mediavault-transmissionbt) and found nothing really in the files posted there.

Would i need to remove the plugin first and miss the comfortable config page?
    [edit: and most important of all, wouldn't it be unsafe to use 2.92, or is debian backporting the security fixes?]