Posts by Agricola

Here is another option. On Ebay look for a used Lenovo ThinkServer TS -140 with 16gig of ECC ram and a quad core Xeon processor, and super quiet rubber-mounted fans all throughout the case. It will hold four 3.5” hd’s - five if you take the CD drive out. If you are patient you can find a clean one from a reputable seller in the low $200’s. Overall quality is a notch or two above your consumer grade machines.

Yet another option: I saw a refurbished ThinkServer a few days ago from a major online store in the low $400’s (newer model) that sported 8 drive bays with the same quality of processor and ram.

If I recall correctly, you ( Agricola) have recently posted a screenshot of your config and there are userid and password for client NUT.

Here's my NUT Web UI config. I am not sure what you mean by userid and password, but if you look closely at the description of the mode entry at the top of the page, it reads

'Standalone' for local UPS, 'Netclient' for remote UPS on a NUT server.

I have never looked into the 'Netclient' mode, but that may be the key to controlling multiple machines with one UPS.

I'm an inventor and am never satisfied with "not possible" answers.

Maybe you confuse “not possible” answers with “not gonna” answers.

Actually they motivate me to try something different.

I can’t wait to see your new NAS software.

But I can't imagine something easier, for new users, than cloning thumb drives. (Or, for SBC's, SD-cards.)

On a more relevant topic to this forum - I will heartily second that thought. Never could figure out the live backup plugin. dd is my darling.

metRo_ I didn't advise you to go the route of cloning your OS from your ssd to a SD card because I have never done it before and I didn't want to advise on something I have never done before. It was the same scenario on the moving of your Nextcloud/docker info. I am sure it can be done, but I have never done it.

as Soma said above "backup backup backup". It looks like he has a good path for you in the previous post. I'm sure it will go well. Good luck.

This might be a bit painful, but migration, if possible, may be more painful than a fresh install.

1. Install your OS on a 32GIG SD card.
    2. When your OS is set up, in OMV-Extras change your Docker Storage Path to somewhere on your Data drive: /srv/dev-disk...../docker
    3. Create two shares on your Data drive: nextcloud, and appdata.
    4. Use macom ’s How-To Guide on installing Nextcloud using docker-compose.
    5. Bonus: buy a second SD card and learn how to back up your OS and how to recover from an OS failure.

I'm also running Plex in a Portainer and would like to use its live TV features.
    I would like to buy a Silicondust HDHomeRun CONNECT DUO (in Amazon 99.99 €).

It's all done through Plex. Just connect to your antenna and the network and configure it in Plex. Only thing you need to be careful about is that there are several models of the HDHomeRun that are intended for different scenarios. I have a HDHomeRun EXTEND, which is a dual tuner model, that makes it possible to record to disk two programs simultaneously. I don't think they even make my model any more. Here is a link comparing the various models. Not all models are available in all parts of the world. Make sure you know what you need and you get what you want.

Sometimes copy/paste mangles the indentions in a yml file so it’s hard to tell if some of your troubles involve those indentions. They DO matter. Also I have never seen PUID and PGID entered as user: 1000/1000. I don’t use jdownloader but here is an example of a docker-compose.yml file that shows what I mean. Hope this helps:

Here’s a new guide on permissions just recently rolled out that may help. It’s a common saying on the forum: “Don’t use ACL’s unless you know what you are doing.” Setting up ownership/permissions when creating Shared Folders and then setting up ownership when creating SMB shares should do everything you need without touching ACL’s at all. Properly setting up users is also part of the equation. Your users need to be made a part of the Users group.

Your data is probably intact. You just need to make a fresh OMV install of your SD card. Unplug your hard drives and reinstall OMV. When you set up file systems don't reformat the drives, just mount them. Create shares and users exactly as you did with the first install and everything should be okay.

/srv/dev-disk-by-label-files“ should be the path to your data drive. As gderf indicated, that is probably not the path to your data drive.

In your command line (Putty, terminal, or whatever you use) type the following:

cd /srv

then

ls -al

You will find the path to your hard drive there. Then you need to append that with the name of the shares you intend to use, as in /config and /Torrents and those will be your paths.

Do you have your config and Torrents shares created yet? If you don’t then your docker-compose file will make them when you deploy the container.