Posts by Agricola

"networks:" has to be on the same level as "services:"

That was it. I had it indented with volumes and ports. But I like the shorter solution better, which IS indented with volumes and ports. :)

Did you check on the host as well?

Or just try another port like 3001

I just looked down the container list in Portainer for Published Ports. Not seeing 3000 in the list I assumed I had done something wrong. Trying the port in my browser Digikam popped up, which had no port published in Poretainer. Changing the port to - 3000:3001 did the trick.

Now on to the reverse proxy.

Can be done by adding these lines to the stack

I was going to just add the wetty yml code to my nextcloud yml, but I guess I could create a separate yml file and add the networks code to it. For anyone reading this thread, make sure of the name of your network. Mine happened to be nextcloud_default.

Turns out that your first network snippet did not work. Docker-compose did not like it. network_mode: swag_default did work perfectly.

I was running the yml as I was typing this out. The yml ran but I got this error at the end.

Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp4 0.0.0.0:3000: bind: address already in use here's my yml:

Here's the full error docker-compose gives me after deploying:

I checked in Portainer and nothing else is using port 3000

You are dealing with multiple issues here. First, you are using OMV4 which is eol, or “end of life” and no longer supported. And, most likely the TDL videos you are using are tied to that version as well.

I hate to say it but you will be fighting an up-hill battle trying to fix Plex while running OMV4. You really should back up a few steps amd get OMV5 up and running and then start a fresh install of Plex Docker using Portainer (your first Docker installed) or using the command line.

As for tutorials, here are a couple from an OMV5 foundation that should help you with Plex:

[How-To] Use docker-compose files in Portainer

[How-To] Install Plex Media Server (PMS) container using OMV and docker-compose

based on previous releases: some month (~3-6) after OMV6 has been labeled as "stable"

If “stable” is 60-90 days out we may be looking at six to nine months left for OMV5. I am just not in any big hurry to leave it. OMV6 is interesting but OMV5 does every thing I want it to do. Until it is no longer maintained I’m staying put.

I don’t know if it’s the excitement of the “new” or the fear of migrating that rules the interest in the next OMV coming down the road, but one thing is sure: OMV6 will arrive when it is ready and this forum will be there to assist in the transition. Enjoy what you have today and be patient. Just call me Socrates.

Another good option would be a Lenovo ThinkServer TS140. Look for ecc ram and Xeon processor. Not all TS140’s have this. Patience will bring up offers in the $150-200 US range. Make sure the caddy trays are in good shape. Sometimes the plastic around caddy mounts will be rotted. Replacement caddy’s are readily available and cheap. The case will hold three drives with ease, and four with a little tinkering; five if you remove the optical drive.

I feel so stupid. Some recent posts I have read caused me to think I needed to disable root in SSH, so that was the first thing I did after up and running. So to run the command as root I have been using the su command. Obviously (now I see that) su is not the same as logging in as root.

I just now

• enabled root ssh login
    • logged in as root
    • ran the command

omv-extras is installed and running fine. Now I am going to delete my account and create a new one named "StupidNoob". Maybe no one will make the connection. Sorry for the trouble, and thanks for your patience.

Code
    root@h2:~# dpkg -l | grep openme
    ii openmediavault 6.0-20 all openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
    ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    Code
    dpkg -l | grep openme
    ii openmediavault 6.0-20 all openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
    ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive

after

The time to close the gate is before the horses get out, not after. If you never moved your Docker Storage location from the default location /var/lib/docker then that poses another potential problem. You probably should take some screen shots and jot down some notes and reinstall omv from scratch.

I have installed omv6 alpha with the 6.0-16 iso on an x-86 machine, and that went well. When I ran the wget script to install omv-extras, the following lines show up about half way through the install print out:

Code
    dpkg: warning: 'ldconfig' not found in PATH or not executable
    dpkg: warning: 'start-stop-daemon' not found in PATH or not executable
    dpkg: error: 2 expected programs not found in PATH or not executable
    Note: root's PATH should usually contain /usr/local/sbin, /usr/sbin and /sbi

The script concludes with Reading package lists... Done yet omv-extras is still not in the GUI menu. Is it possible to fix this or should I fresh install? Nothing is at stake here so I can install again, I would just like to know what happened, and how to fix it.

I have already successfully installed omv 6, including omv-extras on VirtualBox