Posts by Agricola

So...
    I ssh in and run omv-firstaid and get my omv port set to 5454 and am able to access the web interface again. But setting up Letsencrypr container in host mode makes the port forwarding section of the container go away. Does host mode automatically set those ports?

Well.....
    The first thing I did was attempt to change the omv port to 5454 in the general -> web admin panel. “Simple enough.” I say to myself. When I saved I got an error message, and it froze up. Had to ssh in with “shutdown -h +0”. Good thing I have a backup only 4 days old. Will retry this evening. So is there some trick to changing this setting like stopping all my containers or throwing salt over my shoulder?

@syrusstk That worked but Firefox browser won't allow me to connect, because it claims that I have a self-signed certification, which I do not. The Cert with Letsencrypt is not "self-signed", is it? There was no "exception" button so I could not view the site via Firefox. I was able to access via Safari, Chrome, and Brave browsers after clicking "exception" buttons. Why am I getting "unsecure connection"?

Anyway, I had my port forward set on my router to 443 -> 450, according to @TechnoDadLife Letsencrypt/Nextcloud video @ 7:00 minutes into the video. So I changed the port forward to 443 -> 444 and changed the upstream_nextcloud:443; to upstream_nextcloud:444; Changing line 13 to my url did not seem to make any difference so I changed it back to "nextcloud" with no ill effect.

Thanks for the help.

@syrusstk Thanks for the reply. I have seen your comments on another thread and have tried that already. Just now did it again, and restarted letsencrypt and nextcloud containers, and nothing. Sorry.

I also noticed that you changed the port number on the bottom line to 444. Was that beneficial?

I am trying to set up things to remotely access my local instance of Nextcloud 15. I am able to reach it locally at https://192.168.1.101:444, and I have Letsencrypt running properly with Duckdns - I assume, because I when I go to https://pwh.duckdns.org I get the welcome splash screen stating "Welcome to our server The website is currently being setup under this address." As soon as I create a nextcloud.subdomain.conf file from the given .sample file and restart my containers the welcome page is no longer accessible. I have tried every combination imaginable in configuring my config.php and nextcloud.subdomain.comf files (according to gleanings from these forums, the videos, and the web), and restarting my containers after each version. My local Nextcloud remains accessible after each restart.

I have built all of my containers using @TechnoDadLife videos, and they all seem to work fine independently. I just cannot get them to work together. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. If I could get some of you to offer advice or pertinent snippets of config.php and nextcloud.subdomain.conf files it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Screen Shot 2018-12-11 at 7.30.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-13 at 11.08.04 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-13 at 11.12.03 PM.png

Sorry, I am going to jump out again. I am going to be busy the next couple of days.

And just when I watched the Letsencrypt update video. I have so many questions:

• Will this work with the lsioarmhf version? I am assuming it will.
    • Does this mean you do not need the Duckdns docker?
    • How does this dovetail into getting Nextcloud working externally?
    • How does this apply to Plex if I want it to work beyond my lan?
    • How does this fit into getting a remote machine (hc1) set up for off-site backups?

Trouble maker.
    If anyone else has answers, feel free. I thirst for knowledge.

Thanks @TechnoDadLife. I think you are right. I happened to notice on my dashboard that I do not have an "eth0" network interface, only an "enx000..." and four "veth...." and one "lo". I am pretty sure some setting (or settings) is not right, but I don't know enough to know what it is. Help. I have a Tomato router.

If it can't connect, are you sure it is not the router not being properly port forwarded?

I guess so, but I just figured if I was able to get the cert from Letsencrypt that the routher was set up properly. I will dig into the port forwarding on the router today and see what I come up with. Thanks.

I have been working on a Nextcloud install on OMV , off and on, since mid September of this year. Currently I am working with an Odroid HC2.

• I have had Nextcloud working locally several times. The remote I am attempting now started with a local install that worked perfectly this morning.
    • I have all my Duck DNS's in a row, so to speak.
    • I have had a cert from Letsencrypt container several times, and presently have one now.
    • Earlier today I modified my config.php and nextcloud.subdomain.conf files according to @TechnoDadLife 's Letsencrypt install video.
    • I cannot get anything to load when I use my subdomain.duckdns.org, just "Unable to connect".

I have combed the forums for some clues, but have come up empty. Can anyone see what is amiss? Here are my config.php & nextcloud.subdomain.conf files:

Adoby: I appreciate your help with this. Unfortunately, your recommendations are quite a bit beyond my skill level at this time. Your backup system, especially the versioning aspects, are very appealing to me. I won't let it go until I have figured it out. Right now, though, I need something set up to protect data I am about to commit to an hc1.

@flmaxey: I'm back up and running, but my os backup wasn't as far along as I had hoped. Still it wasn't a total rebuild. Os is backing up as I write. When backed up, I plan to try the rsync schedule again as lined out in the User Guide. I gather that you have a hand in the creation/editing of the User Guide. In future editions would it be possible to throw a bone now and then to users laboring under Mac machines. When I backup my SD cards I use Terminal. It took me some digging to figure it out: sudo dd if=/dev/disk# of=~/backupSD/hc1omvyyyymmdd.dmg, where disk # is discovered using diskutil list.

Still, it is a marvelous Guide for beginners like me. I'm looking forward to the addition of backing up to a remote machine. If I understand the recovery part of rsync, wouldn't this be an acceptable way to move to a larger drive: rsync to a larger drive on usb and then redirect the shares to it, then unmount drives, shutdown, switch backup to sata and then reboot?

I'm sorry. I should have said that I made a disk image using "dd" about a week ago. It just bothers me to just pull the plug. I know an SD card degrades that way. I had hoped that it would respond at some time, but I figure I have waited long enough. Thanks.

At this point I am still not able to do anything with the hc1. Ssh returns port 22: Operation timed out, and the web gui isn't there for Plex or omv for two days now. Right now I just want to shut it down gracefully and start over with a clean install, but don't know how to. I guess I'll just pull the plug unless someone has a magic wand.

@Adoby thank you for the info. I will look at your backup scheme as soon as I get back up and running. You will have to explain a bit further the scripting and the filesystems organization. I am sorry but I am not familiar with it.