Posts by Agricola

I use a CyberPower CP1000AVRLCD, and I have noticed on two different times when I have set it up using the NUT plugin on two different servers is that it takes a few days for the plugin to "settle in" and then the emails will stop. I don't know why but that has been my experience. Sorry I cannot be more technical but hope that is a comfort. The fact that you have tested it and it works as expected should be some comfort.

wmd1942 If you are concerned with silent data corruption then SnapRaid is considered to be the best solution for a home nas, but it is only recommended for large files that do not change often. It's easy to set up, but it has its limitations, especially for new users.

For most home or small business nas users, the following steps will do more to protect your data than anything else.

1. Get a UPS for your server and set up the NUT plugin to protect you from power fluctuations and outages. For the home useer data drives not properly shut down cause more data loss and corruption than anything.
    2. Set up two ext4 data drives on your main server and rsync the contents of the main drive to the backup drive using the Scheduled Jobs tab with this command rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-label-SOURCE/ /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DESTINATION/ Detailed instructions for this is found in Getting Started-OMV5. It's also found in the Guides section of this forum, and it also includes instructions how to recover from a drive failure using this method.
    3. Set up a second server and create a second back up of your main disk on your main server, also using rsync, but this time with the Rsync plugin. An old but excellent guide for this is also found in the Guides section here.
    4. You can go one step further by setting up a second drive on your backup machine and use the Rsnapshots plugin to create versioned backups.

I would go for the 12v. too. That is how I have my NanoPi M4/sata hat set up. Except for the size- 2x the size of the rpi4 itself- I would throw rocks at my NanoPi. Still, it will make a good nas if it delivered on its promises.

I'm sorry. I could have been a bit more helpful above. There may very well be issues with your boot drive filling up with docker files or a rsync job going to the boot drive because of a missing data drive, etc. You might describe what you are doing with your OMV install, and what kind of hardware you are using. But crashtest is on target just above. Verifying the integrity of your media before you commit your operating system to it, and backing up your system as soon as you get it up and running, and then at every major os update is a must if you want to avoid headaches later on. Both Mac and Linux there are tons of guides on the internet for using the dd command to backup a sd card or usb thumb drive. Here are a couple: Mac   Linux For Windows It's something else. crashtest has a good guide for that in his Getting Started guide in the guides section of the forum. Hope that helps.

1. Quite a number of users have their boot drive on a 16gig stick with plenty of change left over. If you can’t keep your boot drive on a 32gig stick, you’re doing something wrong.
    2. I am not sure what you mean by backing up your operating system to your RAID array. The best and easiest OS backup involves two 32gig USB thumb drives and the dd command.

I’m sorry. I’m trying to do this across two different threads. I thought your problem was that your config.php file was wrong, but It just dawned on me your nextcloud.subdomain.conf is missing part of line 20:

server_name nextcloud.*;

You left out the first half in the file you showed me. Add the server_name portion and then restart your swag container.

I only discovered Kodi recently, and I like it. Like you say KM0201 it's simplicity over Plex is attractive. I use it on my old desktop linux machine, but I still use Plex on the big TV because neither my Apple TV or my Roku has a Kodi app.

What does your config.php file look like? Make sure to obfuscate passwords and usernames and such. It’s found in your config (AppData) folder at /nextcloud/www/nextcloud/config

Let me see if I can do this from memory:

1. Go to Shared Folders.
    2. Click on one of the little triangle/squares next to a category on a line and a drop-down will appear.
    3. Check Absolute Path and that category should appear for all your shared folders.
    4. You should see something like /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-alongstringoflettersandnumbers/media.
    5. Go to the Symlinks tab to create your symlinks.
    6. Copy the last part for your source. Example: /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-alongstringoflettersandnumbers
    7. Make the symlink (destination) for your file path something simple like/srv/disk1.
    8. If you have more than one data drive create a symlink for each drive. Name it after each file system: /srv/disk1, /srv/disk2, /srv/backup, etc.
    9. Save and apply.
    10. Now you can simply use /srv/disk1/media, /srv/sym/config, /srv/disk1/Nextcloud.

Try that. There is really nothing to break, so if this doesn’t work for you just delete the symlink and start over. Use the symlink just like you would a real file path. If that doesn’t work, get back with me.

Edit: I cleaned the terminology up a bit for clarification purposes.

Plex has a client for Android, iOS, Mac OS, Windows, Linux, Roku, Apple TV, and who knows what else. I have used the client on all of the Apple products plus Roku. They all do the job. I’m sure the others are fine too. Pick your poison.

Is not easy to type manually or keep copying such a long path!

Sounds like a good opportunity to check out the symlinks plugin. When I first heard about the UUID "crisis" I looked into the symlinks plugin. It's really easy to use and can shorten a file path painlessly. Actually, /srv/dev-disk-by-label-disk1 is more than I want to copy and paste sometimes. The fact of the matter is changing from label to UUID solved an issue for a lot of users with usb-connected drives. Still, nobody likes change.