Beiträge von Virgil.A

I just did a small test with the latest mariadb, can you attach a screenshot of your config in docker.

Also type in terminal also id admin and paste the result

The reason I am asking is because I think you forgot to actually add the db root password the docker container MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD

HOTFIX 2.1

- fixed the option "hide header", this was breaking the css file
    - added option to restore the edited css, this will download a clean css from omv git repo

Was redoing the readme file as adding new css themes is not easy to explain, I will probably change the theme changing part in the future so it can read files present in theme folder and apply it, but this will be at a later time, and found a small bug that was breaking the css, if this happened I added an option to restore the css file from the omv repo.

Happy new years guys!

Still no suggestions on what to work next, give me some ideas guys come on :))

HOTFIX 2.1.2

- fixed docker icons colour in theme "Black and White", managed to invert png colour from black to white with css

maybe @syrusstk can help

Nice tag :))

As this is not an official tool and not sure about the policy regarding the removal of the logo, if the admins have a idea how to not remove it but also make it present that would be ok with me I can build something for that until a green light from admins I will not remove the logo, I will move it but not remove it.

Although I am removing the cache from OMV that should do the thing (for me it does), you probably need to also clear the cache on your browser, as most JS files are cached in your browser for speed purposes see here how to do it https://kb.iu.edu/d/ahic also as a side note if you encounter problems with the theme changer tool, please report the bug or encountered problem in this topic: Unofficial OMV Theme Changer tool, css themes and UI manipulation

There are many ways to do this, from editing css, to replacing the file, to editing core JS files of omv, could give specifics, but not without admin permission.

Well you need first to make a bit of a separation, you are used with windows wich is good and bad at the same time, when on linux is more cli and is hard when you are used to click on everything.

Main os is Debian
    GUI is OMV
    Docker run virtual machines

Now the reason people use docker is because you can spin app all kinds of apps without damaging their server os, and also easy to upgrade apps.

The thing you need to learn is a bit of docker.

Now people make a bit confusion, I still do it, between docker and docker compose. When you see yaml files that is docker compose.

The docker plug-in is just docker you need to install compose yourself, not really needed, I never used it.

Now you have two options to understand where things go in docker gui you either read the manual of docker and understand what is what, the real problem is not that, the problem is the lack of description on some docker images.

But most of them give you the full command you know like:

If you copy paste this in you terminal this will build a container with those configs.

Or in the GUI

All -e are in the parameter table, all -p is about network, -v is mounts and bind, --cap-add goes to extra parameters --name is.about the name field, and linuxserver/letsencrypt is the image used for creating the container.

Mounts and bind is basically host folders that the container can use to edit, delete, move or save configuration.

This is pretty much the basics of it, probably explained on the forum somewhere.

As my senior developer used to say rtfm and it makes sense :)).

Also google is your friend here is what I found after a quick search:

https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Plugins/Execute

https://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=47243

On you OMV install docker GUI see this video on how to do it:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Than you can choose your own file manager, my personal preference is filebrowser or for example another file manager

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

the reason I chose filebrowser is because it is simple to use, simple to mount folders or entire hdd and it looks like any other cloud client which makes it familiar.

Configure your network to point to another port than 80 as omv by default is using 80

and than in the volumes and bind just mount folders from your host machine into your docker container filebrowser will pick it up

so for example under /srv you have all mounted HDD on your server so you can mount

host path /srv to container path /whatever_floats_your_boat

And that way you have access to any HDD you plug in your server, very simple and you can configure this in less than 30 seconds, after that just navigate to your ip:port and do your thing

Below are the folder in my /srv on host

My personal advice is just do it, install virtual box on your windows, make a virtual machine and install OMV from the iso, update, install docker gui, and from there you can experiment yourself.

- who is doing the auto extract on your windows ? because I know that Deluge has an autoextract feature https://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtopic.php?t=54277
    - what do you mean copy files to an external HDD? you can always mount an external HDD, and you will need a file manager to be able to movie files around, my favourite one is filebrowser very easy to use just mount the folders in docker container and you are done nice and easy.
    - probably you can auto delete need to research this myself
    - have no idea how raid works sorry, maybe other user might help you on this one, my advice search on the forums and check the manual https://openmediavault.readthe…keywords=yes&area=default
    - not sure if you can import settings but you may try, are they docker containers ?

I personally use Jackett + Sonarr + Radarr + Plex + Deluge you can install Tautulli that is for sure, check this topic Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced

OMV is very simple and fast and has low minimal requirements compared to other nas os, for me I use it as a remote media server, and it works like a charm.

NEW RELEASE 2.0

- when updating themes and custom changes will remain untouched
    - uninstall option now takes care of all possible customisation and removing them
    - more checks to prevent errors
    - some options have been simplified (set and apply in one go)
    - code improvements

If you have any kind of problems leave your feedback here and I will try to solve it as quick as possible.

Happy holidays for everyone.

HOTFIX v1.9.2

- when applying the snow effect OMV cache is also cleared, just refresh page

HOTFIX v1.9.3
    - font size and weight was not applying on custom themes, now fixed.

Please update to have the latest fixes

When I tried to change font size and weight. It got rid of my Santa's Elf Theme. :(

At this moment when you update the tool it will automatically do an uninstall, will need to rethink that, thus removing most of your custom things that you may have applied but not all, need to clean up the update and uninstall functions.

As I am already almost at version v2, the next release will be dedicated more on improving the way this tool works and I would like some advice's from users that use this tool.

As I have said above when updating I am executing an uninstall, do you guys prefer just to keep things as they are ? (probably yes)
    When uninstalling the tool do you want to also execute a revert on all possible customisation ?

NEW RELEASE

- font height and weight can be changed globally

Option can be found: CSS plugins >>> Font weight and size

For font size can be a number
    Font weight can be a number or text check the table below

normalStandard weight. Equivalent of 400.
    boldBold weight. Equivalent of 700.
    bolderBolder than the inherited font weight.
    lighterLighter than the inherited font weight.
    100Lightest.
    200Bolder than 100, lighter than 300.
    300Bolder than 200, lighter than 400.
    400Bolder than 300, lighter than 500. Equivalent of normal.
    500Bolder than 400, lighter than 600.
    600Bolder than 500, lighter than 700.
    700Bolder than 600, lighter than 800. Equivalent of bold.
    800Bolder than 700, lighter than 900.
    900Boldest.

HOTFIX

- fixed theme Santa's elf, the split bar was overlaying the toolbar on smaller screens

How do I add snow???

Make it snow is a JS plugin

JS Plugins >> Make it snow

But it seems that I forgot I did something extra for that

omv-firstaid >> Clear web control cache

I need to find a better way to make this one apply without that cache clear

I tried to use OMV functionality of just copying the file in the the public folder as omv can pick it up automatically :)) I thought it was just a hiccup that I needed to clear the cache but it seems it is mandatory, I will find a better way in the mean time that is the work around

Also I see there a problem with the separator that I did not take into account (visual bug will fix it asap)

So...
    I ssh in and run omv-firstaid and get my omv port set to 5454 and am able to access the web interface again. But setting up Letsencrypr container in host mode makes the port forwarding section of the container go away. Does host mode automatically set those ports?

In host mode you don't need to remap anything.
    Now port 443 and 80 on your server is handled by letsencrypt container

Host mode, docker container 80 will be host server port 80, container port 443 will be host server port 443
    Bridge mode: you remap, so container port 80 will be host server port 90, container port 443 will be host server port 445

In host mode you would just access http and https
    In bridge mode will be http://ip:90 and https://ip:445

Well.....
    The first thing I did was attempt to change the omv port to 5454 in the general -> web admin panel. “Simple enough.” I say to myself. When I saved I got an error message, and it froze up. Had to ssh in with “shutdown -h +0”. Good thing I have a backup only 4 days old. Will retry this evening. So is there some trick to changing this setting like stopping all my containers or throwing salt over my shoulder?

Very strange things happening on your server never had a problem changing the port from OMV admin panel, well good that you managed to reset over ssh

People have tried theme changers in the past, but this is the most successful attempt.

There's one thing on yours that I really appreciate, and that is the bold font.

Well done.

I was actually thinking about adding some customisation to font (size, weight probably colour too ), also want to use google fonts too, will probably work on this this week or next week nothing going on at work this days :))

If your upload is that fast, xrdp should be fine. My upload is 10mbps even though my download is 200mbps. So, it is painful to use anything but RDP on Windows. I used nx server 3.x back when it was free and it was awesome but nothing else compares.

The internet speed is fast on my server (which is in my home country), while I leave miles a way in the UK where internet speed is not that great :))

While it is worth a shot, I don't think the plugin is causing this. The plugin requires the version of xrdp from backports. So, it is fairly current.

I used xfce But I dislike that ui so much I just wanted something with mate, I had no problems when I used either the omv plugin or the docker image.

But I did notice sometimes lag, and I blame the unstable internet speed of my ISP it just varies between 200Mbps to 400Mbps on upload speed.

I mainly use desktop from time to time because I am yet to find a file manager with a proper ui :))

To make a small recap

Letsencrypt:
    Configured as host
    80:80
    443:443

OMV
    changed port (in omv general settings -> web administration)
    5454:80

Nextcloud
    Configured as bridge
    444:443
    91:80

letsencrypt container manages all routing on my server.
    There is a reason why I chose host, when let's encrypt gets the certificates it needs to run on port 80 on the outside, and it was a hassle to always remap the ports in my router, I chose to change the port of OMV instead.

//edit

I just realised one thing I do not use any kind of --network flag in any of my containers, it is either host or bridge.

Some pics below covered personal info and auto generated paths.