Posts by ktasliel

Thanks to this topic and everyone, I installed MariaDB and Piwigo. I choose to go with two different stack, maybe I'll use DB for other reasons also. by the way I don't know why but when I install mariadb with admin account it doesn't connect. I had to install with root account.

anyway now it worked but I wanted to ask is there posibility to add/link my local share folder to piwigo. Because I use these share for many reasons.

I tried many things with no solution.

- /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-3704a8bb-6859-491c-852a-ceb7189f0ed4/Dockers/piwigo:/config ##this is the omv shared folders for Docker config files

- /srv/mergerfs/TASLIEL/TASLIEL/Fotograflar:/gallery ##this is the omv shared folders absolute path to where you have your media

- /srv/mergerfs/TASLIEL/TASLIEL/Fotograflar:/galleries ##this is the omv shared folders absolute path to where you have your media

- /srv/mergerfs/TASLIEL/TASLIEL/Fotograflar:/pictures

The only thing I didn't try is ;

Code
          - /srv/mergerfs/TASLIEL/TASLIEL/Fotograflar:/config   ##this is the omv shared folders for Docker config files

I want to keep my config files at the same folder.

Thanks for your help.

I just found on piwigo topic smth. like

"It sounds like you want to use Piwigo for asset management."

but maybe it changed in two years :) I don't want to change my folder/file structure wich I got use to. I just want to add tags and search easy like in old good friend picasa.

https://piwigo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=28904

thanks for your effort ryecoaaron , you are the best.

str0hlke I can see both.

phborg thanks for quick reply, I'm at office so I'll try to do in the evening.

(you were right, after I added nofail it worked as expected. Sure without failed disk :) )

But I don't want to loose data because I've photos and there is no other copy. My only chance is snapraid.

I wanted to ask how to get my data back.

First I'll add nofail

Than I'll log on omv and mount my new disk

than what ?

Hi,

How did you solve your issue, and rebuild your data.

I Have exactly the same problem now. I had 5 x 6TB disks, and one of them failed.

I replace disk physically, I was expecting gui would ask me to do something like freenas, but there is no gui and I can't run omv-engined...

I found out link below and it says like I can change the entry and have gui but I don't want to ruin my files.

Code
    in the /etc/fstab file, i was looking at the physical drive entries not the mergerfs entry. under the mergerfs entry it did not have the "nofail" option. Once i added that it behaved as expected.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OpenMediaVault/comments/fq5e31/mergerfs_drive_failure/

I Just checked,

All my disks has "nofail" option, still I can't reach gui.

Code
     >>> [openmediavault]
    /dev/disk/by-label/ZParityDisk          /srv/dev-disk-by-label-ZParityDisk      ext4    defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl  0 2
    /dev/disk/by-label/TAS1         /srv/dev-disk-by-label-TAS1     ext4    defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl  0 2
    /dev/disk/by-label/TAS2         /srv/dev-disk-by-label-TAS2     ext4    defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl  0 2
    /dev/disk/by-label/TAS3         /srv/dev-disk-by-label-TAS3     ext4    defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl  0 2
    /dev/disk/by-label/TAS4         /srv/dev-disk-by-label-TAS4     ext4    defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl  0 2
    /srv/dev-disk-by-label-TAS1:/srv/dev-disk-by-label-TAS2:/srv/dev-disk-by-label-TAS3:/srv/dev-disk-by-label-TAS4         /srv/f12c8f45-ad24-49b7-98fc-f60b898b8a83       fuse.mergerfs   category.create=mfs,minfreespace=100G,fsname=TASLIEL:f12c8f45-ad24-49b7-98fc-f60b898b8a83,defaults,allow_other,cache.files=off,use_ino,x-systemd.requires=/srv/dev-disk-by-label-TAS1,x-systemd.requires=/srv/dev-disk-by-label-TAS2,x-systemd.requires=/srv/dev-disk-by-label-TAS3,x-systemd.requires=/srv/dev-disk-by-label-TAS4      0 0
    # <<< [openmediavault]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

There are some explanations from TDL but I think it was for OMV4.

Thanks!

Sync went well, all is up and running :thumbup:

I came here for searching another :) thing. I'm new to OMV and Linux.

First I read first topic and honestly I thought it is normal since snapraid thinks that you have deleted files in your two disks so maybe you would want to bring them back. This is why file size was so big.

And Second it doesn't matter how big file size is. in one vay or another it will not get bigger than the biggest disk (wich is the same size in your case)

I Have had HP ML350G6 12 core (24Thread) CPU and OpenMediaVault 4 running on Proxmox, I was playing around with VM's a lot. But ML350G6 consume very much electricity, so I ended up with buying second hand, low consuming HP Microserver G6 N40L with 8GB Ram. it will come tomarrow.

MY setup was 2 x 240 SATA SSD Raid0 for Proxmox and Virtual Machines (like OMV4) and 8 x 4 TB on HP410 wich is passed to OMV4.

I will just install OMV on it, and I want to ask how should I configure with my Hardware;

HPE N40L (PCI-e x16 PCI-e x1(share with internal x4) and internal usb)

NGFF M.2 B+M Key SSD to PCI-E PCI Express 4481a 4X card (M.2 nvme+ssd to PCI-e ) Picture Below

240GB M.2 Sata SSD

5 x 6 TB HDD + 4 TB HDD

32GB USB3 (if I'll need)

I'm not sure that weird M.2 to PCI-e card will work or not but I'll try. I'm IT for a long time but I have very limited Linux knowledge

My main question is where should I install OMV,

1. use just one SSD for everything (OS (OMV) & CACHE & Dockers and maybe if cpu would be enough Pfsense and Pi-Hole VM's. )

2. configure USB as OS (OMV) and everything else for SSD

wich configuration would be better, or possible/not

493799857_4.jpg