Posts by gamin

Hello everyone. I have a very strange situation with SABnzbd and hope you can help me figure out what I'm missing.

I'm currently setting up a new openmediavault download machine. Only purpose is SABnzbd, Couchpotato, SickRage and Pyload. And also an easy FTP access for my nephew who can download everything I'm putting there for him. So, I backed up all the settings on my old machine using the backup/restore feature of all my plugins and restored them on my new computer. Both machines are running latest Erasmus 3.0.80 with latest plugins, etc. Everything is working great on the new one and I didn't miss any parameters or DB, so that's perfect.

Only problem I have is my NZB Backup Folder in SABnzbd. I have nzb files coming from SickRage, Couchpotato and also from a "to watch" folder I created. On my old machine, the files created there (targzipped) where all with 666 permissions, sabnzbd owner and users as group. Now, with the new machine, all files are only 600 permissions, still sabnzbd owner and group users. Result of this situation : no way to access the files thru network on my SMB share like I did on my old openmediavault machine.

I compared every permissions, rights, ACL on the share folder : the same on both machine. And I didn't find any relevant settings SABnzbd, except the one that only applied to the destination folder which is set to 777.

Anyone with an idea ? Any help would be really appreciated.

Hi guys,

At SABNzbd v1.0 release, I was lucky not to upgrade directly and I was right : plugin needed some changes. I followed subzero79's instructions with the link to 1.0.7 patch version of the plugin. No problem and been able to upgrade.

Now, SABNzbd v1.0.1 is available and I'm still running v1.0.7 patch of the plugin. Is it safe to upgrade or should I absolutely need to upgrade to v1.0.9 of the plugin as jhmiller said ? If so, anyone can post a link to it ?

hmm, did the upgrade, but after that :

and of course, Sonarr is still up and running...

nevermind, Sonarr is working, that's the most important :)

I can see there's a new 3.12 upgrade proposed by OMV. Anyone tried it yet ? I followed jhmiller procedure with compiling 3.10 myself and Sonarr is working fine since. Is it worth installing the 3.12 ?

well, I removed the plugin (can't remember which version it was in the install) and reinstall with v1.0.2 which is the latest, and problem gone. pyLoad now starting again at startup. I didn't change anything except doing the upgrade wen it appears. Just wanted to understand.

since latest plugin update, pyLoad just doesn't start at startup. Manually start the service solves the problem.

I tried to remove pyload with

Code
    update-rc.d /etc/init.d/pyload remove

and the output was

Code
    update-rc.d: using dependency based boot sequencing

then registering it again

Code
    update-rc.d pyload defaults

which gave me

Code
    update-rc.d: using dependency based boot sequencing
    insserv: warning: current start runlevel(s) (empty) of script `pyload' overrides LSB defaults (2 3 4 5).
    insserv: warning: current stop runlevel(s) (0 1 2 3 4 5 6) of script `pyload' overrides LSB defaults (0 1 6).

and again manual start with

Code
    service pyload start

Code
    Removing stale /var/run/pyload/pyload.pid
    Starting pyload: done

and pyLoad is working.

Any idea anyone ? I didn't change anything in my config. And I even don't see any error message during the boot process, just like pyload startup is completely ignored. Once again, this appeared after last plugin update.

as a matter of fact, the process wasn't running at all (always get an error during boot time but too quick to read it). After starting manually the service "/etc/init.d/vboxweb-service start", stopping it "/etc/init.d/vboxweb-service stop" and starting it again, problem is gone.

not sure of what happened (didn't change anything at all) but it's actually solved... ?(

Hello there.

Got a strange error with virtualbox plugin. Each time I access the webgui of openmediavault, I get this message : "Could not connect to host (http://127.0.0.1:18083/)". Pressing details give me this :

Code
    Erreur #64:
    exception 'Exception' with message 'Could not connect to host (http://127.0.0.1:18083/)' in /usr/share/phpvirtualbox/lib/vboxconnector.php:210
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/virtualbox.inc(176): vboxconnector->connect()
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceVirtualBox->getMachines(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('getMachines', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(501): OMVRpc::exec('VirtualBox', 'getMachines', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}

running Kralizec, with some plugins (sickbeard, couchpotato, sabnzbd, headphones and pyload, all working fine). I installed the virtualbox plugin yesterday, installed two VM which worked fine. This morning, I went back to the gui and no more access to the phpvirtualbox interface. And that was before I upgraded to 1.0.22. Already tried to reboot the system, but problem is still there.

any logs I can post to help find my problem ?

hi jhmiller.

I really appreciate your concern and I thank you for this.

I spent a lot of time since yesterday trying to reinstall (again) a brand new VM using many snapshots to be able to go back when something went wrong. Also, I tried many different ways/order to install all my stuff.

Right now, I totally agree with you : not script related ! I also installed plexmediaserver and owncloud, and still no problem.

BUT if I install and enable the phpmyadmin interface within the mysql plugin, mysqld failed to start at each startup... I think I have found my problem.

I don't really need phpmyadmin, but it's easier to manage my DB, so I'm gonna try a manual install to get the latest version running.

Again, many thanks for your answer, and sorry for posting in this topic when it's finally not revelant...

got a problem with mysql plugin which I thought was coming from somewhere else, but it finally seems to be SickBeard CouchPotato etc related. Full story here.

now, with a clean OMV running in a VM (clean means Backport 3.2, all updates done, dropbox installed and running, mysql plugin + phpmyadmin, nothing else installed), I run the script to install SickBeard, Couchpotato, headphones, SABnzbd and Gamez. I restart the VM, and get a mysqld failed message at startup because of

Code
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 12 jui 21:41 /var/run/mysqld

I looked at the omvinstalls.sh script, and didn't find anything related to mysql installation/upgrade.

could it be CouchPotato, SickBeard or one of those do you think ? where should I start ??? I'm completely lost now :(

did some more testing (new VM from scratch adding everything I need one by one) : no probem at all with BPO 3.2, mysql plugin, dropbox. Problem appears after running jhmiller script for CouchPotato, SickBeard, etc...

looks like I'm gonna have to test installing those one by one until the problem appears to see which one is faulty... this is gonna be a looooonnnnng weekend :(

Hi guys. Just wanted to share something strange I have on one of my OMV machines.

Actually running OMV on 3 physical machines and on 1 virtual machine on Hyper-V Core 2008 R2.

That particular virtual machine is there to manage all the applications I need on my network (SABnzbd, CouchPotato, SickBeard, Headphones, Maraschino, PlexMediaServer). I also installed the MySQL plugin to manage and share my audio/video collection to different XBMC machines around the house. For drivers compatibility reasons, I had to upgrade to Backport 3.2 to get the Hyper-V hardware fully recognized (essentially SCSI and network adapter). That way, this virtual machine is exactly what I need/want as my media server.

Just one problem I finally solved but cannot understand : I didn't noticed until yesterday that in fact MySQL server was failing at every boot. Lot of research on the web and lot of logs reading until I understand what was the problem :

Code
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 12 jui 21:41 /var/run/mysqld

which was preventing mysqld.pid and mysqld.sock creation. For what I've understood, without those two, no MySQL server !

Now, for the strange part : I did

Code
    chown -R mysql:mysql /var/run/mysqld

to solve the problem and get back to

Code
    drwxr-xr-x 2 mysql mysql 4096 12 jui 21:41 /var/run/mysqld

which is the only way to get MySQL server to start/work fine. BUT : if I go to the MySQL plugin page on the GUI and change any settings, chown is back to root:root and no more running MySQL server. Then chown mysql:mysql and service mysql start to get things back to normal again...

Don't know what is wrong in this but any help will be greatly appreciated, even if I have a solution right now : nothing from the MySQL plugin, everything in cli !

before I forget, I'm actually running mysql plugin 0.4+0~1357340909.4~1.gbp7a274a. Tried the one from Donald repository without no luck...

many thanks for those usefull information (will continue in english, even if I think you might be french... rue Mongallet :))

of couse I've already deactivated all unused devices on my mobo (ASUS P8B75-M LE with i3 2120). this is not happening all the time in fact. there's sometimes a message "irq 16: nobody cared (try booting with the "irqpoll" option)" from the kernel and thats all. it's always related to sil3124. I tried that irqpoll option, but it didn't change anything. except for this message, there's nothing else (others with same errors reported performance loss, but not for me).

for the M1015 card, it looks like a real jungle. I've found one at a decent price (105€) but they're talking about 46M0831 controller. is it the same as yours ?

I'm actually running in some irq conflict problem with the 2 Sil3124 cards I'm using on my server (one PCIe, the second PCI) and consider buying one of those IBM M1015 card (can find some really
    cheap). I'm just wondering : why did you install 2 cards for only 8 drives ? Don't they have 2 SAS ports each wich can handle a total of 8 drives/card ?

As I'm totally new to those SAS cards and for what I"ve understand reading and googling around, the IT mode you're using will show 4 separate drives on each port ? Can you please confirm this ? And maybe point me to a good tutorial ?