Posts by ThatGuy_ZA

Hi all

I'm trying to consolidate two Pi's and need to move my PiVPN server from my debian based Pi to my OMV Pi.

I'm able to install the PiVPN server on OMV perfectly well using the curl command on their website and I've changed the 1194 port forward from the old Pi to the OMV Pi but clients aren't able to connect.

On the OpenVPN client logs, I can see that the hostname is resolving correctly and it is trying to connect on UDP port 1194 but the OpenVPN server on the Pi doesn't see the connection.

I've tried to open UDP port 1194 on the OMV web GUI but still no luck.

Any idea what I'm missing?

TIA

I had the same thing and posted on Reddit.

You're able to roll back docker ce and everything goes back to normal.

You can do this:

Code
    apt-cache madison docker-ce

Which should output a few versions of docker ce that are compatible with your machine, like this:

Code
    docker-ce | 18.09.0~ce-0~ubuntu | https://download.docker.com/linux/ubuntu xenial/stable amd64 Packages

Then do this (where <version> is something like 18.06.0~ce-3-0~debian):

Code
    sudo apt-get install docker-ce=<VERSION>

Raid/ZFS1 of the boot drive?

RAID != backup.

maybe I´m wrong, but isn´t this exactly the purpose of the built in backup plugin:

• Backup the operating system drive to the selected shared folder for emergency restoration.

Let me do some digging to see what the process is for restoring backups. There was some reason why I was worried about this option.

Hi all,

Just want to sanity check my backup strategy. I boot OMV 4 from a 16gb Sandisk flash drive that is connected to the internal USB port of my gen 8 HP microserver (yes, I do have the flash plugin enabled).

I'm thinking of using something like Clonezilla/Win32DiskImager to create backups of this flash drive (which will be stored offline) so I can image a new flash drive quickly in the event of this one failing. The only thing I'm worried about is downtime while I power down the server, remove the flash drive and create an image of it.

Is there a good alternative that I've missed?

Thanks,
    Tristam