Posts by Earthlings

I have the same issue. Sometimes I rename a file, then it shows up. But sometimes that does make a different. I wish that someone can fix that issue with DNLA

I rename the file/folder using Windows via SMB. You can do that it will fix it but who has the patience to do that :-)

I have the same issue. Sometimes I rename a file, then it shows up. But sometimes that does make a different. I wish that someone can fix that issue with DNLA

Hello all,

I want to format one of my hard drives for NTFS from the OMV web UI, but given that NTFS is not an option in the "Create File System" list, I am somewhat lost right now. Could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Hi there, just letting you know that you can format your Drive as NTFS from Windows, then you just plug it into OMV and it will work. OMV doesn't let you format as NTFS by default, but you can always use Windows. If you must format your drive using Linux then you can use the Parted utility. I am a windows user, I find that linux is DOS like, very tidious, etc... so I downloaded this Visual Parted tool (https://gparted.org/download.php) and it's great. Just a few clicks and you're on your way. I hope this will help you as it did for me.

My question is very similar to yours, so I posted here (see below) and a very nice person gave me wonderful answer.

NTFS Support

It worked!!! Thank you, very very much!!! Save me tons of hours from converting to EXT4.

NTFS.png

Same issue here. I would hate to fresh install OMV everytime we run into a problem. Is this OMV issue or linux issue? Just curious.

I've a work around for this issue. I downloaded the GParted Live ISO and burned it to a CD. Used this software to format the DRIVE again and then restart OMV. Now it's recognizing my drive (show up under File System) and allow me to mount. I guess that means the format code from OMV is buggy.

https://gparted.org/download.php

Hope this helps others.

Wow how did you do that. Did you have to install Plug In or anything for it to work? Let me try again with the Left Shift Shut Down thing... Thank you again.

I understand what you say but like I said, it will take many hours to copy off of my drives.

Hello all,

I understand that NTFS is highly not recommended for OMV (which I love so much, thank you for building this software for us). I still want to try it out because I have several hard drives (NTFS) filled with contents. I want to plug them into my OMV server and start using it.

Can someone please let me know how to make OMV support NTFS please.

Thank you very much for your time!

Your help is greatly appreciated!

My future drives will be formatted as EXT4 or whatever OMV recommended.

Why?

Don't ask why, just answer the question please. For example, just to make you happy, the reason I want to OMV to support NTFS is because I have 2TB drive (NTFS) filled with contents. Formatting it would erase all of the contents. So if OMV can support NTFS, then I won't have to reformat this drive. I can just plug it in and it's good to go. I do not want to move my contents to another drive and copy them back into this drive after converting it from NTFS to EXT4, that will take many hours. So if there is a way to make OMV support NTFS, then please share. Thank you, for your time.