Posts by yayel

Hello,

Happy to see minidlna is back !

For information, if it could help other, I had a little issue. After installing minidlna, 0.5.4, it was running but my share folder was gone. If I tried to add theim, I had this message :

Code
    Erreur #3002: exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to set configuration' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/minidlna.inc:278
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceMiniDlna->setShare(Array, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(62): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('setShare', Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(495): OMVRpc::exec('MiniDlna', 'setShare', Array, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}

Even if I remove minidlna with the plugin management interface, and reinstall it, the problem was still present.

So I completely remove it (in terminal mode) with :

Code
    apt-get remove --purge minidlna

(as root)

After this I reinstall it on the web interface and I could restore my share folders !!

Thanks a lot for your work on openmediavault, my NAS love you !!

Yayel

Yes, my router and my provider support IPv6.

When i connect (with the same ethernet link) my laptop (ubuntu 12.04), ifconfig shows 3 lines with "adr inet6: xxxxxxxxxxx"
    and no line with openmediavault

*** On my laptop : ***

Code
    ping6 ipv6.google.com -c1
    PING ipv6.google.com(par10s10-in-x12.1e100.net) 56 data bytes
    64 bytes from par10s10-in-x12.1e100.net: icmp_seq=1 ttl=57 time=31.3 ms

*** On my openmediavault ***

Code
    ping http://www.google.com -c1
    PING http://www.google.com (173.194.40.176) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from par10s11-in-f16.1e100.net (173.194.40.176): icmp_req=1 ttl=57 time=25.9 ms

BUT

Code
    ping6 ipv6.google.com -c 1
    connect: Network is unreachable

Thank you for your help !

Yayel

Hello,

I started using openmediavault on my homemade little nas (3 raid sata on lvm), and I found it very cool and easy to use. Thank-you for your great job !!

But it's a problem for me that IPv6 seem not working....

Is-it plan to implement it ?

If not is there an easy way to turn it on (it should be possible because it's debian !).

Or maybe is there a way to bypass this problème ?
    For instance, I want to use sabnzb (working on openmediavault) with IPv6 server (news.ipv6.eweka.nl). Is it possible to use a gateway or a tunnel ?

Thanks a lot !
    Yayel