Hello fellow community members,

Following is my configuration for OMV 4.x:

Version: 4.1.16-2 (Arrakis)
    Processor: Inter Core i5-6300U CPU @ 2.40 GHZ
    Kernel : Linux 4.18.0-0.bpo.3-amd64
    Server Hardware : Surface Pro 4
    Virtualisation: Using Virtualbox

Issue in brief:

FileRun is an opensource web based file manager. In the installation page, it allows web admins to install it via Docker. Here's the draw-down, I was able to pull the image from my NAS build using Docker Gui and it went all fine (pfa). However I am a beginner in the realm of Docker. In the installation Documentation it provides a way to use docker-compose.yml file for configuration and similar installation (I hope) for file structure just like Nextcloud setup.

Request:

Can somebody please help me install this using docker-gui by setting a up a docker container or using cli. I request to please provide instructions step by step if possible.
    Any help is much appreciated.

Thank You for your valuable time.

You are right, I would like to appreciate you for the fact that you found time to reply to my queries. So I am going to do a clean install this time.
    I have just one last query ... I've tried to assign a static IP with DHCP with the router for my OMV NAS project. However it becomes a mess when I try to configure via either armbian-config > network and interfaces settings  or via omv-firstaid > configure network interfaces 

What should be the proper way to setup a static ip for my NAS?

• Do I do it when I do first install of OMV on my pi 3b+?
    • Or afterwards?

Or just point me to the right thread.

Thanks. :thumbup:

I am seriously wondering if the SD card is corrupt, therefore OMV has not installed correctly, there are a few things we could try from the thread link, but it should just work.

dpkg -l | grep openm

Code
    ii  openmediavault                      4.1.15-1                          all          openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-docker-gui           4.1.1                             all          OpenMediaVault plugin for Docker
    ii  openmediavault-flashmemory          4.2.1                             all          folder2ram plugin for OpenMediaVault
    ii  openmediavault-keyring              1.0                               all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii  openmediavault-netatalk             4.0.7-1                           all          OpenMediaVault netatalk (AppleTalk Protocol Suite) plugin
    ii  openmediavault-omvextrasorg         4.1.13                            all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    ii  openmediavault-plexmediaserver      3.8.2                             all          OpenMediaVault Plex Media Server plugin
    ii  openmediavault-shellinabox          3.4                               all          Web-based SSH client.

If I try to manually start docker and docker.service using systemctl start docker && docker.service , it doesn't start. If I do journalctl -xe  shows me a log which I've PFA here.

Plex media server plugin is running fine without docker though!

In Services -> Docker -> Settings have you enabled it there?

Yes I did, throws this following error: see file in attachments

When I go and search for (say) "emby", throws me the following error:

Code
    Error #0:
    OMVModuleDockerException: Error: "" - Code: 7 in /usr/share/omvdocker/Utils.php:74
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/docker.inc(313): OMVModuleDockerUtil::doApiCall('http::/images/s...')
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceDocker->searchImages(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('searchImages', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Docker', 'searchImages', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}

To be very honest, I believe there are few issues plaguing my docker plugin installation properly:

1. I am unable to see IP tables, which means my iptables aren't set. (My Pi3b+ > lan cable > My router)
    2. Instead of eth0 : I have physical address : please see 2nd attachment image.
    3. I have DHCP enabled in network interfaces.
    4. In armbian configuration ... I cannot change my download source mirrors. It's only for UK and Estonia.
    4. Running a systemctl status docker give me this:

5. Running a systemctl status docker.service gives me this:

No, but have a look at this thread

So I followed every procedure as follows:

1. Completely remove docker gui and omv extras.
    2. Reinstalled again.
    3. Enabled the Docker CE plugin in OMV extras

Problem: While the docker plugin is enabled, in services tab docker isn't running. It again throws the usual error.

Code
    OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; docker images 2>&1' with exit code '1': Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running? in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/docker.inc(1543): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceDocker->getDockerRepo(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getDockerRepo', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Docker', 'getDockerRepo', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}

And the whole stack trace of my CLI:

Hello, following is my system configuration:

RPI Model 3b+
    NAS Setup using OMV 4.1.15-1
    Storage Device: Ext4 formatted

Issue in Brief: I've followed NAS installation setup by going through videos on this forum post. All things are working fine except I can't enable docker. Enabling it throws the following error:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; docker images 2>&1' with exit code '1': Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?

I've also made the cardinal mistake to purge openmediavault-docker-gui via CLI.
    Tried to reinstall omv-extras but no luck.
    Now I have a non functionable docker plugin:

Error #0: OMV\Rpc\Exception: RPC service 'Docker' not found. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:99 Stack trace: #0 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Docker', 'getNetworks', Array, Array, 1) #1 {main}

I've already followed some threads (link1, link2) however I am unable to figure out what exactly I have to do, please consider me a beginner in using CLI and OMV.

Should I reinstall omv?
    How do I format my usb stick to ext4 with nonexec flag?
    Overall, how to resolve the 1st error, because I think reinstalling omv will give me this error again?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you for your valuable time.