Beiträge von nfgb

Are you sure 2A/5.1V PSU is enough because friendlyarm on the wiki mentions "Power Input : 5V/3A" and sells a 5V/4A for the M4 on their website. And I'm planning using all four usb ports and hostapd ...

Thanks for your advices, I think I'm gonna give up on the M4, what about MiniPC T4, it has a different PSU, does it suffer from the same problems?
    Hardkernel products seem to have good feedback from users, however HC2 has only one sata port and one usb2 port. Even if i connect the first HDD directly to the SATA port I would have to connect the second (usb3) HDD to the usb2 right?
    Regarding the H2 it is much more expensive and more power consuming since is not an arm board. If I was to go for a x86 I think I would reuse an old AMD E-350 mini PC which I don't use anymore (but I want to reduce power consumption to a minimum since it would be on for 24/7).

Hi,

I'm planning buying an Nanopi M4 4Gb for OMV. I plan using OMV for smb sharing (I have 2 usb3 hdd), download manager and backup (Urbackup or Duplicati). Additionally I also plan to use the SBC for hostapd, tvheadend and home assistant. Is Nanopi M4 ok for this? does anyone recommend another SBC over Nanopi in the same price/energy consumption range?

Regards,