Beiträge von hakarune

@ryecoaaron
    When i installed mysql plugin none of the gui stuff worked right at all.
    And it wasn't a permission issue. I had to edit the settings manually. Logged in root sn: root psw: empty. Then change the pass via command and add kodi info via command

Thanks hakarune, the plugin have already white and black icons but admins haven't build the new package yet on, see github https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…s/openmediavault-fail2ban.

Oh didn't check the repo, just looked at stay installed and was like oh, I'll clean up the logo and make it symmetrical, then got ideas lol.

Thanks again!

@tekkb, what video tutorials are needed? I might have some free time this week.

Just installed the plugin. Thanks for making this, I was just looking at the Fail2Ban page last night and seeing how to configure everything, but this already has all the ports I need covered. Awesome dude, thanks!

Also, I took the liberty to making some (IMO) better icons (including cleaning up the original icon from F2B). All are SVg in the zip and only black with transparent BG, like the other OMV icons.

Fail2Ban Icons.zip

Not sure why the PNG's linked are showing white BG, the ones I have in that folder are transparent, odd....

@WastlJ Oh I thought he meant actually within OMV lol. I was like, cool, how lol!?

and yeah it is executable. I can call it view scheduler GUI and run as root and also just execute with /etc/blocklist.sh

I'm just not sure why it's not creating the ipset tables and adding them to iptables. After reboot I check and they're not there. Have to run in manually after boot. I'm trying something new though with it. Trying to see if it'll create the sets without adding the tables, then have it execute an extra command to move a 2nd file to restore

Oh, my SSH is private key only. already did all that lol. And VPN costs money. Comcast said they couldn't change my ip because it is DHCP, utter BS IMO, they're just lazy. @subzero79 how do I forward a high wan port to 22 in OMV?

Extra Q if either of you want to answer it, how to make this script (blocklist.sh) run after boot? already tried `crontab -e` as root and added `@restart /etc/blocklist.sh` and also tried adding the script to `/etc/network/if-pre-up.d/iptables` and also tried to add to init.d and update, but got an error that it couldn't do it because it required watchdog or something.

I don't usually check my auth log, but last night I did and I had apparently been targeted by someone in china. So modified my iptables to block him and upgrade a few things security wise and all was fine again. But around 8pm today I stared get hit from someone in Turkey, every few seconds (example in the code box).They're not getting through, but really trying. I even decided to just close all my ports even (now I can't even SSH outside my house lol. I'm just curious if this is normal, or if I should contact my provider (Comcast) and tell them there is malicious attacks against my IP and hope they give me a new IP (it hasn't changed in 2 years).

I'm getting random SSH login attempts on random ports from China so I thought I should secure my server more. So I followed the guide here and keep getting an error (used PuttyGen method). I'm also going to be adding Fail2Ban or authfail too, but need to complete step 1 first lol.

Trying to add my pub key to the user and get the error "Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; omv-mkconf ssh 2>&1': uudecode failed."

Side note question, what user groups should my main user be a part of? I have it added to users & ssh atm. Should I add it to any other groups?

@tekkb with just mono it isn't there. I enabled just mono and the the Sonarr plugin wasn't and option. Added download managers testing, Sonarr still not available to be installed. Tried mono & mono testing, then I had the option to install it. Tried ton install with only mono and mono testing, and same error. So Sonarr is listed under mono testing only and not under mono.

Tried to install on newest OMV release from the webGUI with testing enabled, but got errors.

(Error code too big, rest of errors here: http://pastebin.com/hsqgVjzV)

I tried to manually install the dep libmono-cil-dev and after I got the same errors...

Was hoping to try this out too :(