Beiträge von A99speedO

Thank you,

I had also noticed that the file was automatically reset.

but more than that probably has to do with Saltstack I got by reading source text so far not out.

Saltstack is new to me in the world of config orchestration.

is there somewhere a documentation for

omv-salt

and the other /usr/sbin/omv-tools

my research so far:

omv-env

omv-update aka omv-upgrade

apt update/upgrade

omv-mkconf

Shell script that accepts arguments. The name of the argument is related to the service it configures. ie: omv-mkconf samba, omv-mkconf sharedfolders and so on. The arguments are all files located in /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf folder.

omv-engined

RPC daemon that runs all the php backend code. The nginx web server connects to this daemon through the fastcgi php socket. If an error appears in the web interface that indicates no connection to the php socket means the daemon is not running.

omv-firstaid

omv-salt

DEV

omv-confdbadm (Database)

omv-rpc

This tool can execute rpc commands. This is identical of what the web frontend uses to set/get information. It accepts service, method and parameters. RPC services can be found listed in engined/rpc folder

Hi,

now it happened for the first time that an omv-upgrade caused a failure.

But it could also be, and I strongly suspect this, that the defective SSD of the root partition is responsible for the damage.

fsck had often helped, but not this time.

It went well for many years and a clean install does not hurt.

It was 5.5.10 that crashed..

With a new SSD for the system partition, the data is on a HDD raid, I am just trying the 6 version of OMV.

But I also have a usb stick with 5.5.11 ready to install.

I have mounted the old root partition under omg_old so I can copy things over.

Is there an omv-tool to migrate users and shares and settings.

I found a few things in the config.xml.

Apart from that there are only docker containers but I had configured them via the shell anyway.

Question 1:

Should I better stay on the 5 version for the migration?

With omg version 5 there were lots of omv-xxx scripts.

With the 6 version there are less.

Question 2: what is the best way to transfer the old configuration? which cli tools?