Posts by apveening

Hi, sorry for piggybacking on to this thread but I came looking for a way to do just this, clone my installation drive onto a USB drive before i do a wipe and clean install but was worried that I might need to recover. Anyway... I'm a complete noob who setup OMV using some guides many years ago. Could you share how I can do a clone of my OS drive onto a USB. I've read about clonezilla and also something about a backup plugin but both assumed I create a folder on one of my data drives.

Any help would be appreciated!

My script also requires a folder on one of your data drives as a target for the backup/clone. And you will have to mount it as well. After that, a cronjob for a nightly backup is quite easy. My current script (as you can see, there are still some old changes visible).

To me that seems like you are having network and/or connection problems, I don't have any problem reaching ftp.de.debian.org or httpredir.debian.org. For dl.bintray.com I do however get an HTTP ERROR 404.

Hi, erreib.
    In fact, a lot of hosting companies offer their services. The choice of hosting is very important for the further development of your site. First of all, you need to look at what they offer. DDoS attacks are currently a very common reason for closing sites, you need to find a hosting service with good DDoS protection. Assistance from the managers of the hosting is also very important. Many hosting companies help you move the entire site, fix problems, and install the necessary plugins on the site. I own two sites and have found the perfect hosting service-Mangomatter Media. They really helped me with everything for 4 years my sites haven't run into problems. Treat the site as a living entity and you can earn a lot of money on it, as I do. If you have any questions write to me and I will help.

Why did you kick this one after nearly a year of quietude?

Basic bash script, see here for some basic instructions on "while" in bash.

I would however start with c=6 in line 1 and delete line 2, no need to restart it if it is healthy (and yes, check on status != healthy, it might be dead or stopped, in which case you probably wish to restart as well).

So, GOOD NEWS , this commande have solved the problem

Code
    rm /var/cache/openmediavault/archives/Packages
    apt-get update

Apt-get update && apt-get upgrade : Works again now.

Thanks for your help.

Have a nice day.

Same here, thanks.

After receiving the exact same message by email and using omv-firstaid as described above, I get the following result:

The same four error messages followed by an extra one are at the bottom. Clearly omv-firstaid doesn't solve this problem.

After: sudo ln -s /dev/null /etc/udev/rules.d/80-net-setup-link.rules

I get: ln: failed to create symbolic link '/etc/udev/rules.d/80-net-setup-link.rules': File exists

And I am in the GUI.

Thanks, would that be for the upgrade, the clean install or both?

I will let you know the results when I'm done, but that will take at least a couple of hours as I first need to fix diner for my wife and sons.

Curious why it was installed. I changed omv-extras as well - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…d7a45513ec68d0d9ee9d3d329 - but I'm not going to push out a new release. So, it will be out with the next release.

Looks good, but I would code the change a level higher, checking both for the presence of update-grub and the correct architecture.

Yes, I am a programmer, different system (AS/400) and language (CLP, COBOL, RPG and RPGLE), but I can read this code by now.

EDIT:

FYI: Just checked my RPi 3b+ and grub seems to be there to:

Code
    ii grub-common 2.02~beta3-5+deb9u2
    ii grub2-common 2.02~beta3-5+deb9u2

You download Win32DiskImager make complete backup of the 8GB SD-Card, you write back the image to 32GB SD-Card.

My experiences with Win32DiskImager were less than satisfactory. I prefer to generate a daily backup image on an attached USB drive with a nice script (and a cron job). And I've repeatedly used those (zipped) images to restore my system after a failed update/upgrade.

I know commenting out the lines "fixes" your system but grub should never be installed on an RPi. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep grub omv-grubiso is installed by omv-extras. I guess I could make it exit without error but I really want to know why/how grub is installed.

It was:

Code
    ii grub-common 2.02+dfsg1-20 armhf GRand Unified Bootloader (common files)
    ii grub2-common 2.02+dfsg1-20 armhf GRand Unified Bootloader (common files for version 2)

Gone after: apt remove grub-common grub2-common

EDIT:

No, I don't know how it came to be on my system, but it was removed before you gave your reply.

If you are using dhcp, the IP address will change because of the change in network service. I just tested this on an RPi4b.

Could you please tell us what the new IP address would be? By now I've given up on OMV5 for my Raspberry Pi3B+ as neither updating nor re-installing works. The device just completely drops from the network. I verified this a couple of times with a pretty aggressive network/port scanner and it just isn't there anymore. It may decide to change its IP address to some other subnet, but that is just a bit too much address space to hunt in.

EDIT: And in the case of updating, the IP address was fixed, not using DHCP.

What kind of system? omv-grubiso should only run on systems where it finds the update-grub command (should not exist on unsupported arches like arm).

On a Raspberry Pi 4B, I saw the if and apparently it was satisfied. As I already wrote, commenting out those three lines solved the problem. And I don't know how omv-grubiso came to reside on it, will look into removing it.

EDIT:

Checked, saw both update-grub and update-grub2 in /usr/sbin.

Nope, just tried it again. Right after

Code
    wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/raw/master/install | sudo bash

and the following reboot, it never came back up on the network. I could see there was some network activity (led on the ethernetport), but that was all, it didn't even show up anymore on the network scanner. Besides that it also didn't give a signature to visual when I connected it to my TV. Something isn't right in that script and I don't know what. I do know the original images for OMV4 were a lot easier to work with.