Posts by apveening

I don't know enough about the rest, but were your upstream DNS settings passed as environmental variables during the original container creation or did you fill them in after you started it? If the former, you may have a problem, if the latter I recommend you change it.

I just installed Yacht and it immediately showed me a problem with one container that wasn't visible with Portainer until I did a deep inspection, something I wouldn't have done without some indication there was a problem.

It was a problem (continuous restarting) which also showed up in the old Docker plug-in and which still doesn't show in Portainer, something I pointed out before if memory serves.

But, for Docker beginners, there's something to be said for being able to pull a single image and run a container from it, in simple manner. That's a learning tool and a first step, from which an understanding of Docker compose becomes possible.

That is how I began with OMV4 and the Docker plug-in. And I started on Docker because I couldn't get Pi-Hole working, so went for the Docker version, which necessitated macvlan. With the Docker plug-in I managed, with Portainer I still haven't been able to create a macvlan. At present I use the command line to create macvlans and start the containers and I use Portainer only for monitoring (when I suspect something is wrong) and to kill and/or remove a container as that is where a GUI comes in handy. For some reason I never got Docker-compose working and I don't feel the need any more as I keep all my commands for the various containers and macvlans as text files on my laptop, where they are available if I have to reinstall an RPi.

And yes, I still miss that possibility to pull a single image and run a container from it, even though I don't need it any longer. It made it a lot easier to find a nice image doing what you are looking for.

Hi, sorry for piggybacking on to this thread but I came looking for a way to do just this, clone my installation drive onto a USB drive before i do a wipe and clean install but was worried that I might need to recover. Anyway... I'm a complete noob who setup OMV using some guides many years ago. Could you share how I can do a clone of my OS drive onto a USB. I've read about clonezilla and also something about a backup plugin but both assumed I create a folder on one of my data drives.

Any help would be appreciated!

My script also requires a folder on one of your data drives as a target for the backup/clone. And you will have to mount it as well. After that, a cronjob for a nightly backup is quite easy. My current script (as you can see, there are still some old changes visible).

To me that seems like you are having network and/or connection problems, I don't have any problem reaching ftp.de.debian.org or httpredir.debian.org. For dl.bintray.com I do however get an HTTP ERROR 404.

Hi, erreib.
    In fact, a lot of hosting companies offer their services. The choice of hosting is very important for the further development of your site. First of all, you need to look at what they offer. DDoS attacks are currently a very common reason for closing sites, you need to find a hosting service with good DDoS protection. Assistance from the managers of the hosting is also very important. Many hosting companies help you move the entire site, fix problems, and install the necessary plugins on the site. I own two sites and have found the perfect hosting service-Mangomatter Media. They really helped me with everything for 4 years my sites haven't run into problems. Treat the site as a living entity and you can earn a lot of money on it, as I do. If you have any questions write to me and I will help.

Why did you kick this one after nearly a year of quietude?

Basic bash script, see here for some basic instructions on "while" in bash.

I would however start with c=6 in line 1 and delete line 2, no need to restart it if it is healthy (and yes, check on status != healthy, it might be dead or stopped, in which case you probably wish to restart as well).

So, GOOD NEWS , this commande have solved the problem

Code
    rm /var/cache/openmediavault/archives/Packages
    apt-get update

Apt-get update && apt-get upgrade : Works again now.

Thanks for your help.

Have a nice day.

Same here, thanks.

After receiving the exact same message by email and using omv-firstaid as described above, I get the following result:

The same four error messages followed by an extra one are at the bottom. Clearly omv-firstaid doesn't solve this problem.

After: sudo ln -s /dev/null /etc/udev/rules.d/80-net-setup-link.rules

I get: ln: failed to create symbolic link '/etc/udev/rules.d/80-net-setup-link.rules': File exists

And I am in the GUI.

Thanks, would that be for the upgrade, the clean install or both?

I will let you know the results when I'm done, but that will take at least a couple of hours as I first need to fix diner for my wife and sons.