Beiträge von Wdavery

Good point, but as far as I know the wear levelling is done a lower level than that and it would have no effect whether you have 7 or 32 GB partitioned. The only case it would be worse off is if you had 30GB or so full and there was only 2Gb left to wear level with.

As a rule I am sure of nothing...

But seriously, all I did on that install was download the most recent odroid XU4 image, and write it to the SD using Etcher.

There's now two partitions on it, that I can see:

/dev/mmcblk1p2 btrfs 7.32 GB
    /dev/mmcblk1p1 ext4 57.97 MB

Was just doing some troubleshooting and did a clean OMV install on a spare 32GB microSD.
    I'm running off a 16GB usually and was actually running out of room, with docker images taking up some space. And I was hoping to upgrade to 32/64 at some point soon.

But I noticed that the 32GB card still has the same <8GB space when you look in the "File Systems" tab.

Is this being caused by the Odroid XU4 OMV image? Do I need to install a different way, manually?
    Or is there some way for me to expand the file system across the rest the card?

-bash: ./JMS578FwUpdate: Permission denied

Just to cover my bases here: I'm running the file off of a USB stick, in the same directory as the home folder is.
    Also accessing the file from /sharedfolders/USBDrive/ could that be the problem?

There is a drive connected over SATA, unmounted

Code
    total 4648  
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4130828 Apr 19 2018 JMS578FwUpdate
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 519032 Nov 1 2017 JMS578FwUpdate.v1.00
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 50688 Dec 5 2017 JMS578_Hardkernel_v173.01.00.01.bin
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 50688 Nov 1 2017 JMS578-v0.1.0.5.bin

Where did you run it from? Root SSH?

Also where are you storing the firmware file?

I'm not quite there yet, but my aim is to have one more powerful server for the heavy lifting, and a few SBCs as more specialized machines.
    The advantage would be keeping your backup server totally separate from the machines you might be playing around with more, so when you break something, your backups are still running.
    Or you're running pi-hole or a vpn or something and don't want those services affected by the other machines.

I'm currently running an Odroid HC2 as my main machine, and a 2011 MacBook Pro running a couple things.

Hey Adoby, I'm hoping you can help me here.
    I ended up here trying to find why my disk spun down every two minutes and that firmware update looks like the solution.

However, I cannot get it to run following the instructions.

I've gotten so far as actually running: ./JMS578FwUpdate -v
    but end up with an error of : -bash: ./JMS578FwUpdate: Permission denied

then I try the same, but with sudo and get: sudo: unable to execute ./JMS578FwUpdate: Permission denied

I also tried: bash ./JMS578FwUpdate -v
    and it said: JMS578FwUpdate: JMS578FwUpdate: cannot execute binary file

Which is the closest I've gotten. I've tried a different, clean install of OMV, and no difference.