Posts by tschensie

The output of dpkg -l | grep openmediavault:

Code
    root@nas:~# dpkg -l | grep openmediavault
    ii openmediavault 0.6.0.10 all Open network attached storage solution
    ii openmediavault-backup 0.6.0.2 all backup plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii openmediavault-keyring 0.2 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    rFR openmediavault-mcmyadmin 0.5.5 all McMyAdmin for OpenMediaVault
    ii openmediavault-omvextrasorg 0.6.21 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    ii openmediavault-plexmediaserver 0.6.1 all OpenMediaVault Plex Media Server plugin
    root@nas:~#

Output of apt-get --purge remove openmediavault-mcmyadmin:

I even don't know how this plugin was installed, because i didn't choose (and use) it (I even havn't activated the miller repos....)

Hi,
    I don't know how, but McMyAdmin seems to be installed on my system (kralizek).
    I havn't installed it myself, it is also not marked as "installed" in plugins, but i have an entry for this in "services" and the service ist running (but is not enabled in the settings !).
    But I can't stop it and I even can't deinstall it.

When I try to deinstall with "apt-get purge openmediavault-mcmyadmin" I get an error "the package is in very bad shape, try a new install".
    But this error also pops up when i try to install it.

Even the installation via webgui doesn't work (thought I can install it to deinstall after this).

So, what cant I do to remove it ?
    I don't want to restart my machine because I'm reshaping my raid6 (added 4 new discs). An this will take a while.....

Here ist the output of my ssh-session (in german):

Code
    dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten von openmediavault-mcmyadmin (--configure):
    Paket ist in einem sehr schlechten inkonsistenten Zustand - Sie sollten es
    nochmal installieren, bevor Sie die Konfiguration versuchen.
    Fehler traten auf beim Bearbeiten von:
    openmediavault-mcmyadmin
    Creating index of upgradeable packages ...
    Creating index of OpenMediaVault plugins ...
    {"response":null,"error":{"code":4000,"message":"Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; apt-get --simulate --reinstall install openmediavault-downloader 2>&1': Reading package lists...\n\nBuilding dependency tree...\n\nReading state information...\n\nSome packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have\nrequested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable\ndistribution that some required packages have not yet been created\nor been moved out of Incoming.\nThe following information may help to resolve the situation:\n\nThe following packages have unmet dependencies:\n openmediavault-downloader : Depends: libav-tools but it is not going to be installed\nE: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.","trace":"exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; apt-get --simulate --reinstall install openmediavault-downloader 2>&1': Reading package lists...\n\nBuilding dependency tree...\n\nReading state information...\n\nSome packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have\nrequested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable\ndistribution that some required packages have not yet been created\nor been moved out of Incoming.\nThe following information may help to resolve the situation:\n\nThe following packages have unmet dependencies:\n openmediavault-downloader : Depends: libav-tools but it is not going to be installed\nE: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.' in \/usr\/share\/openmediavault\/engined\/rpc\/pluginmgmt.inc:382\nStack trace:\n#0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServicePluginMgmt->createIndex(Array, Array)\n#1 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#2 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('createIndex', Array, Array)\n#3 \/usr\/sbin\/omv-engined(495): OMVRpc::exec('Plugin', 'createIndex', Array, Array, 1)\n#4 {main}"}}
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Yeah, I looked at rsync, seems to be the better choise.

Is it possible to execute a job before and after the rsync job ?
    I want to stop the plex-service before the backup starts to be shure no file is in use.
    And of course start it again after the backup.

Another question:

My systemdrive contains 2 ext4 partitions: sda1= omv-system, sda3=plex-database
    In case of a discfailure my database would be gone.
    I want to use a scheduled job to copy the database to my raid.
    I'm not so fit in linux-commands, can it be done the following way:

create a file copy.sh and put it in the command line of the scheduled job:

/etc/init.d/plexmediaserver stop
    sleep 5
    cp -r /media/uuid-plex-disc/plexmediaserver/* /media/uuid-raid/plexmediaserver
    /etc/init.d/plexmediaserver start

Or should I use "cp -r -u" ? It should be quicker because only newer or not existing files will be copied...

Solved !!
    I think the filesystem on my raid messed up.
    I unmounted and deleted it, but the uuid was still there in media, inclusive 2 folders I created.
    So I deleted the uuid-folder, created a new filesystem, new shared folders and: I can now choose them in plex.

I just added the new folder to one of my librarys, put 3 files into it an could play them in plex.
    But then I made the error to remove the old folder from the library, so plex deleted all the content from the library except the 3 videos.
    So I have to fill up the mediafolders first before deleting the old folder-entry in the plex library.

One more strange thing: I made a nfs-share to one of shared folders.
    And in plex I can change the library folder to the nfs-share and watch my videos.....
    But I still can't use "normal" shared folders in media/uuid/-folder.
    Even after a reboot.

In SAB I can see the folders (in settings / folders), so I don't know wahy I can't choose them in Plex....

yeah, I'm learning a lot here !
    I managed to use my old plex-database in my new install :D
    I made a backup up the database created by the new install, deleted it an copied my old one to this place (stopping the plex-service before)
    After this plex won't start.
    So i tried 'stat plexmediaserver' and saw the owner of this folder is a user called "saned".
    Now I did 'chown -hR plex plexmediaserver', started plex service again and: it started.
    On the webinterface all my librarys are there.
    Now I tried to change the folder of each library, because the uuid of my raid changed.

And here is the problem: I can see the uuid-folder in media, but i can't see the shared folders.
    The user plex has rwx right on the shared folders (ACL-settings)
    I tried to give every users read/write/execute rights for one folder, but i still can't see any folder in the plex-webgui.
    So, what could be the problem here ?

I have 4 single disks with my backups in my system and the filesystems are mounted. On this disks I can see every folder in my plex-gui. Only the folders on my raid I can't see (but I can use the shared folders on my windows machine)

Thx, tekkbebe, it works again.

I think I shredded my system.
    I tried to install unrar 5 the way I did in omv 0.4 : put the jessie repo in, install unrar 5 an put the jessie repo off.
    In omv 0.4 it worked, but in kralizec it installed libc6 2.14 and after this plexmedia won't start anymore.

So I reinstalled wheezy and kralizec and try to install unrar 5 like jhmiller mentioned in the sab thread.

(Thats why I setup and test everything now before putting back my data to the nas :-) )

Hi.

I've installed kralizec on debian wheezy like mentioned in another post of me.
    Now I tried to install PMS.
    Installation of the plungin runs without probems, but pms doesn't start.
    I activated it in the web-gui, set the directory for the database (to my fresh created filesystem on my data-raid6), but can't access the web-gui of pms.

the status of pms shows:

root@nas:~# /etc/init.d/plexmediaserver status
    It seems that Plex Media Server isn't running (no process found).

after root@nas:~# /etc/init.d/plexmediaserver start it shows:
    Starting Plex Media Server: done

Even after this:
    root@nas:~# /etc/init.d/plexmediaserver status
    It seems that Plex Media Server isn't running (no process found).

I tried to reboot omv, but plex still doesn't start.

so, what could be wrong here ?

regards

Jens

OK, kralizec is running.
    I'll leave the partitionsize at 240gb, should be enough :-)

But i got still one problem: in sources.list is an entry for the installation-cd as resource, and when I try to install things via apt-get I always have to put in the cd.
    How can I change this ?
    The sources.list is write-protected and even as root user (owner) I can't change the rights or write changes to the file.

OK, I#m shure it's not the BIOS.
    I some testing and installed Win7 to the 500gb disk -> starts without problems.
    Now I installed debian 7.5 again (letting the installer use the hole disk -> grub error
    Installed debian again, only using 240gb as ext4 an 10gb as swap -> boots without problems !!

So, it seems debian has a problem to boot from bigger usb-disks....

I found an old 60gb USB-Disk an tried an install on this one: boots without any problems (Don't want to use the 80gb, because it contains my workin omv 0.4....)

I don't want to use this disk because it is very old an I don't know how long it will live.....

Can you tell me how to install the grub loader to the system (without installing everything new) ?
    I can still bot from DVD in discovery mode and open a shell in sda1.

Or is there any other reason why it boots from the 60gb disk and not from 500gb ?

yes, without any problem.

Now I tried to boot from debian-dvd - rescue mode.
    I could set the root to sda1 and run a shell.
    I did "grub-install /dev/sda" -> no errors
    "update-grub" -> grub.cfg was build with 2 menu entries.
    Boot again: same error like before.
    Even the supergrub2-disk doesn'd find the generated grub-cfg....

Hmmm, f... I just can't install debian 7.5.
    Got the same problem i had when i tried to install omv 0.4 a year ago.
    My configuration:
    HP DataVault X510 Server, 500GB external USB-HD as systemdrive (the internal SATA slots will be used for the raid).

I've installed debian 7.5 in minimal configuration with no errors.
    When I try to boot the system the 1st time I get:

GRUB loading
    Welcome to GRUB!
    error: invalid extend.
    Entering rescue mode...
    grub rescue>

When I boot the system with GParted I can see 2 partitions: sda1: ext4 (~480GB) and sda5 swap (~8GB)
    I can also mount the sda1 an see the files.

I tried to boot with SuperGrub2 Disk, but it doesn't find any grub.cfg, menu entry or anything else.

Also trying Grubdoctor from the GParted disk runs to the same error.

How can I manage to boot my system from this disk ?

I had the same problem when installing OMV 0.4. The only way I could handle this was installing on a 80GB HD. Install on a 500GB HD didn't work.

regards

Jens