Posts by bundersuk

Hi,

Why did the remote share only work when i changed option to vers=1.0 when it was '_netdev,iocharset=utf8,vers=2.0,nofail' , i read that 1.0 has been depreciated.

The excel file resides on OMV.

I am pushing from OMV to WD NAS, I have restarted the WD NAS, would that not break any connection a PC might have to a file?

The user account im remote mount is the admin account of WD NAS.

This is a setup for a small business.

Thanks again

bundersuk

Update...

I have managed to get the CIFS mount created, had to change options to vers=1.0 to get it to work.
    cifs.png

I get an error while running.

Please wait, syncing </srv/dev-disk-by-label-DataDrive/Contracts/> to </srv/59655d2c-2e44-4073-bdb3-7befa3bddbe5> ...

sending incremental file list
    rsync: chgrp "/srv/59655d2c-2e44-4073-bdb3-7befa3bddbe5/." failed: Permission denied (13)

I get this error for all folders in the Contracts share. I have ran it a few times it always happens. It also freezes at an excel spreadsheet file and I have to stop the backup to do anything.

I am learning this, i take it, it is the admin account that is performing the backup, therefor it will have permissions to all files on OMV and the user acoount i used in creating remote mount was the details of the admin account of the NAS i am transferring to.

Thanks all for taking the time to read this

bundersuk

Hi,

I need some help with setting Rsync up please. I have my OMV box with RAID 1 setup, i have a few CIFS shares setup for windows. I am trying to sync a share for backup to a WD MyBookWorld NAS. I have created a share on the WD NAS and also created a NFS share using remote mount to point to WD NAS folder.

I have setup an Rsync job to sync the OMV share 'Contracts' to WD NAS 'Contracts' but i get the following error when running job. Can anyone point me in the right direction please.

error.pngfileSystem.pngshare.pngnfs.pngrsync.png

Files

• nfs.png

(170.77 kB, downloaded 448 times, last: )
    • share.png

(156.35 kB, downloaded 207 times, last: )