Beiträge von julle

Okay, I tried to find how you blacklist USB interfaces but I can't figure out how to do it? Just links how you turn off a port. I don't really know what to look for as I have never really used linux before.

How would I go about to find a HDD that are compatible with linux? I was thinking of instead buying another one that is compatible and just using the old one as a backup for the one I go and buy.

Feels it might be cheaper to just buy a stand alone NAS and use my raspberry pi as a torrent box and connect it to the NAS

Hello,

It always seems like my transfer speeds are slow, I usually get 2-4mb/s when I transfer files from my window machine and when I try to backup my Mac it takes ~20 hours even though the disk is not that large. I have tried to use both OMV 4/5 on an old laptop but I never seem to get more than 4mb/s. Now I tried to use a Raspberry PI 4, 4gb. Which have usb 3.0 & 1gb lan so that should not be a bottleneck?

I'm using a WD My Passport 4 TB HDD.
    My router is an Huawei B315s-22

I have tried a few different ports & cables on my router but still the same result.

Hi,

When I opened my NAS today I noticed that all my torrents have gotten warnings that the system is read only. It says "Unable to save resume file: Read Only File System"

I Tried to change the permission so everyone could change & write but when I do it to the sub folders of transmission it gives me the error I posted on pastebin.

https://pastebin.com/1S6PigdM

Does anyone know how to fix this? I googled some and it seems to be an error with the resume folder but I rather don't want to reinstall my transmission setup.

Thanks in advance !

I ended up moving all my movies/series into the container folder & change my share settings so i can still access everything and also be seeding and auto download new stuff to the correct folder :)

Thanks for all the help btw, i could not have get this working without it :D

Okay thanks for the help so far :)

I got everything working it's just that i can't seem to select my old folders for the torrens. They just go to the incomplete folder in transmission. I have my HDD setup as

Series/SeriesName/season
    Movie/MovieName

But they just appear in
    Download/Incomplete

Edit: Would it be a good idea to just movie all my torrent to the download folder and setup my NAS share differntly so it just directs to there?

Are you putting all of your traffic through their VPN service or are you trying to just use it for your bittorrent client?

I used terminal from the host pc that got openmediavault running.
    Just ran "
    sudo openvpn se131.nordvpn.com.udp.ovpn" This is my first linux based system so im not really sure. I would love to have it via the bittorrent client but usure how to do it.

Edit : @Myth3k okay i'll give it a go to run it in the background :)
    Edit2: I tried to run it with &, it works for the connect command. But then it asks for my login and after i type my email address it give unknown command. Tried with a & after as well but still same resulte.

Any way to run the whole command with the authentication too?

host myip.opendns.com resolver1.opendns.com
    or if you have curl installed (assuming you are connected to the Internet, apt-get install curl)
     curl https://ipinfo.io/ip 

How should i do it? It's impossible to do any command from terminal.

it's like the openvpn command is still running in the forground and sometimes spits out information, it seems to be connected but i want to be 100% sure. I uploaded a picture of how it looks.

host myip.opendns.com resolver1.opendns.com
    or if you have curl installed (assuming you are connected to the Internet, apt-get install curl)
     curl https://ipinfo.io/ip 

How should i do it? It's impossible to do any command from terminal.

it's like the openvpn command is still running in the forground and sometimes spits out information, it seems to be connected but i want to be 100% sure. I uploaded a picture of how it looks.

Hey,

I'm trying to setup NordVpn for my server, I followed their tutorial. Connected via the terminal, directly on the computer.

However now I can't check the IP on the machine. When I try to enter any command it just shows up as text, nothing happens if I press enter just a new row.

This is the tutorial: https://nordvpn.com/sv/tutorials/linux/openvpn/
    I tried to use the OpenVPN plugin but i could not get it working.