Beiträge von simeonruiz

Hi, I've been reading some posts in the forum, relative to this matter, but couldn't find any solution to my problem on them. Like many people I've installed nextcloud in a docker container following the "Techno Dad Life" youtube tutorial, this one https://youtu.be/PKsq7k2pwsI

The thing is, after try nextcloud for some days, once I reboot the server, the database in the docker container starts to fail.
    Therefore I decided to use the OMV MySql plugin instead.

I deleted the docker containers and I started a new one for nextcloud, so I can have a clean new installation. I installed the Mysql plugin, created the database, the user and so on, and I can log in mysql with both root and nextclouddbuser using the web interface,
    The problem is when I try to create the admin account in the nextcloud first setup page, I still getting always the message

Code
    Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Connection refused

it doesn't matter if I try to connect to the database via root or via the new db user, and I'm wondering if there is some "special" config I'm missing to connect with the mysql plugin instead of a docker container.

Just as info, since in the youtube tutorial both the database and the nextcloud are docker containers, the guy doesn't set the PUID nor the PGID on the nexcloud container, but since I need to communicate with the plugin I'm doing it in my container.

Can someone throw some light here, I've been trying stuff for a couple of weeks now, and can't find a solution.

Thanks in advance!
    Sime

Hi, I've been reading this post and some other in the forum, since I'm getting a very similar issue.

The thing is, after try nextcloud for some days, once I reboot the server, the database in the docker container starts to fail.
    Therefore I decided to use the OMV mysql plugin instead. I created the database, the user and so on, and I can log in mysql with both root and nextclouddbuser, The problem is when I try to create the admin account in the nextcloud first setup page, I still getting always the message

Code
    Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Connection refused

it doesn't matter if I try to connect to the database via root or via the new db user, and I'm wondering if there is some "special" config I'm missing to connect with the mysql plugin instead of a docker container. For the nextcloud container, I followed the same video shown in the first message in this thread.

If anyone can point me in the right direccion, it would be great.

Thanks everyone!

Why Raid? I have just move from a Raid5 to using mergerfs and snapraid, with this only the parity drive on snapraid must be the largest drive, in essence you can use drives of various sizes, unlike an mdadm raid.

Well, as I said, is just curiosity right now. I've been thinking about raid, in order to see all the drives as one single filesystem, therefore I was thinking about using just a simple raid0 or so, but as I said I'm just learning right now since never used RAID before.

Save? How large are your disks? Are you aware that you're affected by the classical parity RAID write hole unless you specify a log device when creating a RAID5? Are you aware that with single redundancy (RAID5) once a single disk fails you're left with no redundancy at all and that a rebuild with large disks can take days to weeks?

The question was just for curiosity, since in my case I'm not interested on redundancy (at least for now) since all the data I'm storing in the NAS is just multi-media, and the important stuff I've it backed up in several cloud services. The thing is, I'm just reading about different level's of RAID in order to have the more info possible, and these two methods to migrate from one level to another attracted my attention.

Therefore, there are no disks hahaha (well just one 4tb WD), and yes, I already knew the risks, and that the rebuild can take a lot of time.

Hi Guys,

just curiosity, I've been using OMV for a while only with a single HDD, and right now I'm just learning about RAID systems in order to add extra space in the future to my NAS.

I already saw the posibility of growing from 1 to 5 as commented here

Hello,

I recently had to grow a RAID 1 to 5 on a Proxmox, I used this guides to achieve it :
    https://raid.wiki.kernel.org/i…ror_raid_to_a_parity_raid
    https://www.howtoforge.com/how…artitions-shrink-and-grow (for lvm)

But I don't disagree @subzero79 at all : you SHOULD backup your data before trying this grow =)

but recently I also saw this blog entry (sorry is in spanish)
    http://lopezivan.blogspot.com/…raid-1-un-raid-5-sin.html

where they use instead of the --grow simply the --create in this way:

Code
    mdadm --create /dev/md3 --level=5 --raid-devices=2 /dev/sdf1 /dev/sdg1

to create a degradaded level 5 RAID but using the two existing mirrors instead of creating an empty degraded RAID 5 and copying the data from the remaining disk of the mirror.

Just for curiosity, is one of the two ways safer to use?

thx!