Beiträge von markH*56

Macom - thanks for the info. I should have said instead of the built in backup feature, can I use the USBbackup plugin to save the OS to a flash drive? I'm pretty sure the answer is no because I see no option to select the eMMC device to write to the flash drive, only "shared folders".

I've read many posts regarding backing up the OMV system files but have some questions. Any info would be appreciated.
    1. Can I use the USBBackup plugin to backup the OS (boot & linux-root)? I'm already using the built in backup feature (fsarchiver) but would also like to save the OMV OS to an external USB flash drive.
    2. I've used clonezilla quite a bit in the past but I'm running an ARM processor so don't have that option in OMV. Could I boot to a Clonezilla USB drive, image the system partition to another drive then copy that image to a USB flash drive?
    3. Should I need to restore, is one backup method easier than another?

OMV is running on a 16GB eMMC. The OMV control panel lists the linux-root as using approx. 2.76GB of the 14gb available so I'm assuming I'd need a minimum 4GB USB flash drive(?)
    Thanks.

Try a powered USB hub with the external HDDs plugged into it and the hub then plugged into the RaspPI3 (?). Are they USB3.0 HDDS? Seems I've read posts about USB3.0 being an issue for external drives. What filesystem on the HDDS?