Beiträge von Kahana82

Also too low. And the htop screenshot confirms that IRQ affinity on this OS image needs some love. BTW: I was asking for iperf3 (not iperf) numbers for a reason: iperf3 also displays count of retransmits (nice to spot bad cables and/or switch ports).

My bad about mixing up iperf and iperf3, the windows machine had a iperf3 running, installed the wrong package on the Odroid-N2.

iperf3_1000M.txt
    Lost/Total Datagrams are around 50% ... doesn't look good at all, probably the cables are not ok.
    The switch is a Linksys LGS108 Gigabit Unmanaged Switch.

CPU usage is about the same as yesterday: +- 80% on CPU0

iperf3_100M.txt a little "less worse" I suppose...

I'll try with proper cables on the one I have at home.

Anyway: it's obvious that there is a lot missing wrt ideal settings with the NAS use case and ODROID N2 in mind. Maybe someone with interest in this device (definitely not me) looks into this and applies the relevant optimizations (that are well documented since years).

Would installing irqbalance help ?

I checked the affinity for the IRQ of eth0 and it is set to a 3F mask, so 6 cores.
    for i in $(seq 0 300); do grep . /proc/irq/$i/smp_affinity /dev/null 2>/dev/null; done

All other IRQ's were the same except for IRQ 14 which is Meson TimerF.
    Now this rings a bell as the driver for eth0 is listed as meson6-dwmac

dmesg |grep eth

Should I go ahead and put the same 3F affinity mask for IRQ 14 ?

Also the 840 EVO SSD is not playing well with the Odroid-N2, my first guess is that it doesn't get enough power from the board.
    It takes ages to show up in the OMV4 disk list and performance over SAMBA was worse then the regular external USB3 disk I tested yesterday.
    Then regarding UAS/UASP, the USB3 enclosure uses an ASM1051E SATA 6Gb/s bridge for which I checked the UAS compatibility: Blacklisted / UAS disabled
    I'll pull it out and try with an USB3/sata dongle I have somewhere, maybe it uses another controller.

The 4.9.170+ kernel has UAS suport : CONFIG_USB_UAS flag is set.

Can't say about NFS yet, as shares would not show up on the Windows machine although the NFS components/services are installed.

The -R switch worked:
    iperf -c 192.168.0.13 -p 5201 -u -b 1000m -i 10 -t 60 -R

Result is around 650-700 Mbits/s:

htop:

on the Windows machine: iperf3 -s
    on the Odroid-N2: iperf -c x.x.x.x -p 5201 -u -b 1000m
    (should be the other way around, but didn't work)

Code
    [ID]	Interval	Transfer	Bandwidth
    [ 3]	0.0-10.0 sec	848 MBytes	711 Mbits/sec
    [ 3]	Sent 604908 datagrams
    [ 3]	WARNING: did not receive ack of last datagram after 10 tries.

I suspect the cables, which are "new" 1m cat5e one ... probably not that good to achieve optimal 1GB ethernet speed.

Continued testing on the Odroid-N2 that's at my workplace.
    We have a Trancend 1TB external hard drive there on which I created an EXT4 and an NTFS partition.

Did everything just like on the the Odroid-N2 at home,
    except I first patched the following error I encountered when installing a plugin:

Python
    File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in remove
    TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable

line 109: def remove(wr, selfref=ref(self)):
    replace with: def remove(wr, selfref=ref(self), _atomic_removal=_remove_dead_weakref):

line 117: _remove_dead_weakref(d, wr.key)
    replace with: _atomic_removal(d, wr.key)

Did some testing through Samba (all default settings in OMV4) on a Win10x64 machine.
    Odroid-N2_Samba_Trancend1TB_LanTest-HDParam-Bonnie.zip

I'll bring my SSD tomorrow to compare and also do testing through NFS.

I had some time to play around with it today, well only the SSD (which is a 840 EVO and not a 750) I'm just not able to get access to one of the shares on that thing.
    Started out with an NTFS partition on it, that didn't work (no access to shares on the Windows 10 Pro x64 computer).
    After that formatted it to EXT4 thinking it would solve permissions and so on ... and I'm getting bald :)

From there I configured it similarly to how I would on a Synology NAS...

Created a user "ME" in the "users" group and gave it rw privileges to the shared folder, also under ACL it has rw.
    The shared folder is set to the root of the disk: / (Also tried with an actual sub-folder) and has permissions for owner: "root" (rwx) - group: "users" (rwx) - others (rx) - replace:on - recursive:off

Created an NFS share with default settings (rw,subtree_check,insecure) except for client: 10.0.0.0/24

I'm just not granted access in windows to the NFS share when entering the credentials of the "ME" user.
    I can see the exports folder on the machine (it is listed by IP address en not by hostname on the network) with the shared folder in it but can't enter.

Also sort of same with Samba, I'm asked for credentials when accessing the machine (appears with the hostname on the network) and then access denied.

Found this in the event log:
    smbd[17792]: ../source3/param/loadparm.c:3244(process_usershare_file)
    smbd[17792]: process_usershare_file: stat of /var/lib/samba/usershares/export failed. No such file or directory

Any idea on what's going on ?

I've just set up OMV4 on an Odroid-N2 and willing to help to the extent of my (very) limited Linux abilities.

For the installation I used the Debian Stretch Image for Odroid N2 by Meveric and followed the installation guide on the OMV website.

There were a few hiccups with OMV4:
    1. I had to run the "Install the openmediavault 4 (Arrakis) package:" code section twice for it to install correctly. no biggie.
    2. I overlooked the interfaces config in OMV, and after a reboot the board was no longer using eth0 ... had to reflash and start over.

By default it seems OMV4 does not recuperate the settings for the network interfaces (by default it is unconfigured and thus disables eth0).

On the installation guide for OMV4 in the forums it appears there are a few more commands at the end,
    after omv-initsystem :

Looks like those missing lines could have saved me some head-scratching :)

I'll be able to test with the following drives: 4x WD MyPassport Ultra 2TB USB3 + 1x Samsung 750 EVO SSD in an USB3 enclosure.
    Network: Ubiquity Edgerouter X (ER-X), Intel NIC's on the computer + Cat6a/7 cables.