Beiträge von silikonanswer

Here is my new compose file. Istill can't access the downloads folder in Samba.

---

version: "2.1"

services:

transmission:

image: linuxserver/transmission

container_name: transmission

environment:

- PUID=998

- PGID=100

- TZ=Europe/Madrid

- USER=admin #optional

- PASS=xxxxx#optional

volumes:

- /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-0ea0270f-b283-49bd-xxxxxxx/config

- /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-0ea0270f-b283-49bd-xxxxxxx/downloadsnew

- /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-0ea0270f-b283-49bd-xxxxxxxx/watch

ports:

- 9091:9091

- 51413:51413

- 51413:51413/udp

restart: unless-stopped

Hi,

I have installed Transmission using Compose (OMV estras 6.3). It works perfectly but I don't have writting access to that folder using SMB. Maybe I missed giving read write perssmissions to the folder when creating it. I see that the other group permissions are read but it doesn't hace write permissions. Can I change the permissions in the shared folder through OMV WebGUI? IS it possible to give it write permission through the terminal? I think permissions in Shared Folders are always handled from WebGUI. is there a solution?

Tha shared folder is accessed by Transmission and by MiniDLNA.

Another comment. If I try to configure the network through omv-firstaid it fails and the message is that in can't write to a socket. Something in my router is blocking as I said because I've tested it in another router it and the installation went like a charm.

Many thanks for the help. I think there is something wrong related to the router. Sometimes I can't get an ip when installing due to an error in detecting the network. I try on another router at a friend's house and it was detected perfectly. It seems that sometimes my router blocks omv trying to access the network. This is weird because I have other devices connected via cable to this router and they get the ip (nas, Android tv box...). What is wrong with my router configuration? Why it blocks omv accessing the network even on installation? Should I open some ports in the router in order to make it work? And the weirdest thing, why my previos raspberry pi omv installation accesed the network without problems?

Thanks for the answer. The CPU is a Intel Atom D525 which is 64 bit. The HD is a 250 gb drive, not SSD. I have also tried to reinstall cleaning the HD with gpart using a live CD. I am totally lost. Maybe the IP address is being used by other device connected to my router by wifi?

revise your LAN settings.

do you use DHCP?.

Are your OMV DNS correct?.

First of all many thanks for your help.

revise your LAN settings.-> How can I check this'? I am a Linux newbie. Should I use the terminal for that?
    do you use DHCP?.-> My router is configured to use DHCP..
    Are your OMV DNS correct?.-> Where do I configure this?

When I installed the RaspberryPi on a SD card I don't remenber these settings.

Hello,

I've installed OMV 4.1.3 on an intel board with 4 gigas ram and a 250 harddrive and connectind directly from to my router with a cable. The installation seems ok until I boot the system. Let me explain what I've done based on some answers I have found on these forums (many thanks to the OMV community for being so helpful),

1- When I boot OMV I get an error saying that a network interface was not found.
    2- When I try to access with the admin and openmediavault password the message quickly dissapears and it prompts me again with the user and password.
    3- I have entered the system restore option and with the root password I have checked the ip with "io address command". It says 192.168.0.167. I've tried this ip from my browser and it doesn't connect. I´ve ping this address from Windows and it pings correctly. I am lost. I've also tried connecting to the wrebGUI from my iPhone and it doesn't connects either.
    4- I`ve checked my router and OMV is not connected.
    5- I've tried omv.firstaid and trying to connect the network buy I get an error and I return to the terminal The network card seems working because on the installation I have acceded the debian repositories.

What else can I do? Can I post some kore information to try to resolve the problem? IT is stange because I had a OMV with Raspberrypi and it work quite well but very slowly. That is why I bought and old mini pc with 4Gb of ram and an Atom proccessor to see if it was faster.

Many thanks for reading my post. Any help will be appreciated.