Posts by sacc

How are you copying/moving them - from another PC via SMB, on the server using SSH, or through a Docker container (like FileBrowser or DoubleCommander)?

just do it in the sharefolder on the server by ssh.

If the sharefolder is not referenced, it works fine, after that is referenced, it became very slow, copy 7M file took 30s to finished.

I start firefox in a terminal.

I have already create en_US.UTF-8 locale and export LC_ALL in the terminal before starting firefox.

I will set the ubuntu system locale to en_US.UTF-8 and have a try.

I change my system locale to en_US.UTF-8 by 'dpkg-reconfigure locales' on Ubuntu 20.04, and login OMV, I can not see the title bar of KVM add popup dialog. Not help.

It seems to an issue of firefox due to cookies.

An disscusion is here.

Votdev suggest that:

The only thing that come to my mind is to suggest those users to switch the browser till Firefox has fixed the bug.

The bug can be tracked here.

There is a temporary method to solve this problem, that change omv php config.

1. backup and edit /etc/php/7.3/fpm/pool.d/openmediavault-webgui.conf

find section below and change from "Strict" to "Lax"

php_value[session.cookie_samesite] = "Lax"

2. backup and edit /etc/openmediavault/php.ini

find section blow and change the value to "Lax"

session.cookie_samesite =

3. sudo monit restart omv-engined

4. sudo sudo /etc/init.d/php7.3-fpm restart

5. clean firefox mobile cookies.

then that login the webui.

try as your own risk.

i create the user in terminal by using adduser command.

After the plex user was created, it was showed in the "user section page" on the webui.

How can i created the user like other soft, such as cockpit creating cockpit-ws that can be found in /etc/passwd, and not showed on webui page.

I have upgraded my box from omv4 to omv5 recently.
    But in omv5, there is no plex plugin anymore, so I deployed plexmediaserver by docker-compose, and I want to use the Library (grown in omv4 for about 40GBs) and keep the same permissions as that in omv4.

In omv4 that Library own to user plex who is created by the plugins and added to group plex and video.

So I created plex user and group, and set docker environment variables PLEX_UID and PLEX_GID to the same id.

But I found the plex user was shown on the webuipage(users), while that is not shown in omv4.

Is there any method to make plex invisable on the webui page?

/var/log/syslog

Feb 19 14:40:07 blc smbd[1099]: [2021/02/19 14:40:07.585857, 2] ../source3/smbd/server.c:807(remove_child_pid)

Feb 19 14:40:07 blc smbd[1099]: Could not find child 4563 -- ignoring

Feb 19 14:45:01 blc CRON[4641]: (root) CMD (/usr/sbin/omv-mkrrdgraph >/dev/null 2>&1)

Feb 19 14:55:07 blc smbd[1099]: [2021/02/19 14:55:07.654823, 2] ../source3/smbd/server.c:807(remove_child_pid)

Feb 19 14:55:07 blc smbd[1099]: Could not find child 5044 -- ignoring

Feb 19 15:00:01 blc CRON[5193]: (root) CMD (/usr/sbin/omv-mkrrdgraph >/dev/null 2>&1)

i upgrade from omv4 to omv5 and met this issue too.

i have disable all firefox(fenix) addons and delete browser data such as cookies.

after input user name and passwd, it loop back.

firefox(version 85.1.3) and nightly build both failed with android 10.

while edge with android, firefox in windows and linux works fine.

Nope. Best thing you can do is make screenshots of your settings in OMV.

You can also keep /etc/openmediavault/config.xml as reference. But you cannot use it to deploy your settings.

There is also an upgrade script, so you don't have to do a fresh install

Upgrade Scripts for non-interactive major release upgrades (2->3, 3->4, 4->5)

Thanks a lot for help.

For some partition problem, i want to re-part the whole disk and do a fresh install. How to make a screenshots, use some plugins?

I am now running OMV 4.x.

If I upgrade to 5.x with a complete new installation, is there any method that i can backup and restore the settings of OMV,especially the proper authority of the sharing folder of the storage disk?

Do you have the full permissions of that folder before you changed?

In my case the folder is owned by root:root, but world has write access. GUI is working as expected.

drwx-wx-wt 1 root root 124 Mar 21 08:35 sessions

I did that via ssh, and i have the full permissions after su root.

#chown openmediavault-webgui:root sessions

after i did this, it looks like that blow:

drwxr-xr-x 2 openmediavault-webgui root 12K Mar 21 xx:xx sessions

I think that you should add read permission to folder sessions.