Beiträge von sweetbb

I logged in and entered those commands, and no errors showed up. I then tried installing the flash drive plug in again, with the same unsuccessful result.

Thank you Adoby.

I am not quite confident with OMV or Linux, but will have to see if I can do these commands. Would I need to log into the OMV computer itself locally to do these commands?

I've been running OMV for under a week, as I discovered it late last week. I need to install the flash memory plug-in, but am having no success. I am running OMV 4.1.22.1 (Arrakis) on an Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU G1820 @ 2.70GHz, with the Linux 4.19.0-0.bpo.4.amd64 kernel. The system has 4GB of ram installed, with 4 X 8TB drives installed. It currently boots and runs from a 32 GB flash drive.

I get an error message which I cannot copy to post here, but basically it says:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    openmediavault-flashmemory : Depens: folder2ram (>=0.3.1) but it is not installable
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
    <<< ****************************************

Any help in getting this installed will be welcome.

Thank you.

I discovered OMV late last week, and have played around with it a bit. I've installed it on a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ as well as an Intel motherboard. I've decided to not use it on the Raspberry Pi. On my Intel motherboard, I've installed 4 X 8TB drives, and have played around with various RAID configurations. After reading this forum, I've decided that RAID is not the way to go for me. It is extremely slow to build, and I am just not comfortable with it. At first, I installed OMV on a 32GB USB3 memory stick. Then I read on this forum that this too is a bad idea. Now, I've re-installed OMV on a 500 GB HDD (this is what I have at hand).

My question is simple: If the OMV system disc fails, and I need to re-install OMV, will my data be available after the reinstallation?

Thank you in advance.

Thank you macom.

I discovered OMV late last week, and have played around with it a bit. I've installed it on a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ as well as an Intel motherboard. I've decided to not use it on the Raspberry Pi. On my Intel motherboard, I've installed 4 X 8TB drives, and have played around with various RAID configurations. After reading this forum, I've decided that RAID is not the way to go for me. It is extremely slow to build, and I am just not comfortable with it. At first, I installed OMV on a 32GB USB3 memory stick. Then I read on this forum that this too is a bad idea. Now, I've re-installed OMV on a 500 GB HDD (this is what I have at hand).

My question is simple: If the OMV system disc fails, and I need to re-install OMV, will my data be available after the reinstallation?

Thank you in advance.