Posts by jhussain

Thanks to everyone for helping me out on my issues.

I was finally able to get the omv installed properly and get it going. It is working fine now.

My other question is: If I have a HD with few folders. How can I mount the whole drive without going through setting up each folder as shared folder? This will take a long time if there are too many folders.

tkaiser: I entered raspberrypi as you suggested rather than the ip address.
    i can get ino omv.

I have created a user id using the UI of omv, but still that does not help.

My question is still why my second sd card gave me a public ip address rather than the dhcp assigned ip from my router?

Thanks.

I was finally able to get IP address and was able to get into the OMV using the browser.

Two things I noticed:

1. With on SD card, it gave me IP address of 192.168.1.xxx, which when I tried in browser gave message of NOT Connected to Serve.

2. So I burned another SD card and inserted that without any monitor and it gave me IP address of 75.25.xxx.xxx
    This one when I inserted in browser worked and I was able to do the config etc. I can now see my drive listed in the omv page.

3. But now when I try to map the drive on my PC, I get the following as attached.
    I t asks for Network Credentials and I tried all sort of uid and pwd which I know for my computer, but none worked.

Any help on this, please.

Hello Macom!

Your trick worked. I got the IP address on the terminal. Before that I was using my TV as terminal which may be the issue as you mentioned power issue.

Now when I put the ip address in the chrome browser of my Win 8.1 computer, it says

This site can’t be reached
    192.168.1.110 refused to connect.

What could be the issue now?

Thanks.

I am not sure what is going on.

This time I followed the instructions and used etcher as mentioned but still no IP address shown. After inserting the sd card and power up, pi booted and I can see lots of activity on the screen and then the pi rebooted again. After that it finished and stopped. I still did not see any IP address.

Thanks.

I have a pi 3b+.
    I followed all the instructions to install the omv but after power up of pi and going through the process, at the end I should get IP address but I do no.
    I see lots of FAILED commands during bootup of pmv.

Any help?

I downloaded the ovm from this site for pi.

Thanks.

I am trying to install omv on my pi 3b+ but no luck. Installation process runs but it does not give me any ip address as it is suppose to do when installation is complete.

Any idea what is wrong I am doing? Installation process says, put img on a SD car, insert into pi and turn power on. That is what I did three time with fresh burn of img on SD card, each time.

Thanks,

I followed the video to install openmediavault on raspi 3b+. When I boot my pi, it gave me bunch of messages as Failed to Install etc. and when finished, it did not gave me any ip address.
    I do not know what to do. I erased and wrote sd card few times but same error.

Please help.

Thanks.