Beiträge von Eggsplorer

You can not use the admin user to log into a TTY. This user is only for the webui.

I only tried "admin" and "root" because I thought thats what it had to be. I have no idea why the login screen mentions the default username "admin" when I can't log into it. Is the admin username something I could set during the installation? Or is there a default one?

I managed to loginto an account with my name. I don't think thats the admin one though.

The root file system ist an USB-Drive with 100 GB where only 8 GB are in use.

Hi,

Context:

I use OMV 6.6.0.-2 and have access to the WebGUI and SSH.

I installed a new 12 TB Harddrive and wanted to copy a lot of files with midnight commander to the new drive. I guess it took to long and the SSH connection got disconnected. That's why I wanted to use midnight commander via the workbench and connected my monitor and keyboard to my NAS.

Problem:

I can't log into the workbench. I got a few "Login failed" or something like that. Then I reset the admin passwork via omv-firstaid to "openmediafault".

Now I am trying to log in using "admin" and "openmediavault". The credentials seem to be correct because I don't get an error.

This text (red square) is shown for ~0.3 s then it shows the login again. I can do this over and over.

Am I doing anything wrong?

Any ideas on what I can do differently?

Vielen Dank für die schnelle Antwort.

Ich besitze ein ASRock J4105-ITX und habe sofort "ACPI HPET Table" im BIOS deaktiviert. Ein erster Test hat jedoch leider keine Besserung gebracht.

Hast du es bei dir auch mit dem Abschaltbefehl "Ruhezustand" (Engl. "Hibernate") hinbekommen?

Zur Wahl stände ja noch "Herunterfahren/Shutdown" und "Unterbrechen/Suspend". "Herunterfahren" würde jedoch in einer recht langen Boot-time resultieren und während dem "Unterbrechen" verbraucht das NAS vermutlich noch einiges an Strom.

Was ich mich auch Frage: Wieso bietet OMV oben rechts im WebUI weder Ruhezustand/Hibernate noch Unterbrechen/Suspend sondern nur Bereitschaft/Stand-By?
    Was unterscheidet Stand-By von Suspend, oder benutzt das WebUI dort nur andere Begriffe für den gleichen Modus?

Hi,

ich nutze Autoshutdown mit dem Abschaltebefehl "Ruhezustand".

Jedes mal, wenn ich OMV starte und es zuvor durch AutoShutdown in den Ruhezustand versetzt worden ist, ist sowohl das WebUI als auch die Datenübertragung über das Netzwerk extrem langsam. Mit einem Neustart habe ich dann wieder die gewohnten Geschwindigkeiten.

Außerdem: Wenn OMV über AutoShutdown in den Ruhezustand versetzt wird, ist das NAS und der Powerbutton einfach schwarz, als wäre es aus. Wenn ich über das WebUI auf "Bereitschaft" (Ruhezustand?) klicke, dann blinkt der Powerbutton und nach erneutem Aufwachen habe ich keine Probleme mit den Geschwindigkeiten.

Hat jemand eine Idee, was das Problem sein könnte?

Thank you so much. This helped a lot indeed.

I am kinda relieved to see that permissions are so complex that even experienced users aren't all that confident in using the different methods in OMV.
    I think I got a rough idea on how I have to use permissions for my intentions. Thanks you!

Hi,

I am pretty unexperienced but am quite happy how I managed to set up my OMV.
    There is one thing I didn't quite get though.

What is the purpose of the different ways (1,2,3) of giving permissions?

1) When adding a share there is the section permissions with the default "Administrator: read/write, Users: read/write, Others: read-only"

2) As soon as I added a share I can set priviliges:

3) I also can set permissions via ACL:

I just seems a bit redundant and tbh I don't really know if I am using it the right way.

When adding a share I always select "Administrator: read/write, Users: read/write, Others: no access" because I don't want that "others" (whoever that might be :/ ) have access on this share. I don't feel this is necessary thought because it is not the default.

Then I go to priviliges and select "Read/Wright" or "Read-only" for my user and "No access" for all the other users who should not have access.

I never tough ACL because I don't really know what I need it for. I think it once had trouble with permissions for subfolders of a share and used ACL to recursively set permissions to all subfolders but that's about it.

So I'm a bit lost and would appreciate any advice. Can anyone give me a quick overview or a hint in the right direction?

Thanks in advance
    Eggsplorer

Hi,

I installed the Docker image jaymoulin/jdownloader and set it up with /sharedfolders/JDownloader as download path.

Downloading seems to work but my download path (/sharedfolders/JDownloader) is empty. Instead my filesystem /dev/sde2 keeps increasing in storage but I can't find the download path in use.

I mounted /dev/sde2 and apparently it is my main storage with the OS yet there doesn't seem to be a folder with > 10 GB downloaded files.

My knowledge of debian or OMV is limited so I'd appreciate any tipp.

Thanks in advance =)

Hi,

I have a NAS with this built and OMV 4 installed and have one weird issue with Wake-on-lan (WOL).

Sometimes when I wake up the NAS from standby it goes right back into standby. This doesn't happen all of the time but quite often which is pretty annoying.
    Surprisingly it doesn't occur when waking up from shutdown (S5).

Any ideas what could cause such behaviour?

Thanks in advance!