Posts by Wallaby

I managed to fix the problem, when asked for credentials when trying to access the OMV server in explorer I used my admin login and password that I use for the OMV WebGUI. First time I ever have needed to do that, which is weird since I can access my shares with all my other devices without needing it.

Hey, thanks for the reply. My Windows is v1903 It wasn't too long ago it was updated, however it did work after that. I also tried to connect with my ethernet cable again and it didn't work either so I'm not sure what has happened. This started to a couple of weeks ago. I have also tried restart the pc.

Hello

I have been using wireless connection on my laptop to access my SMB shares on my NAS running OMV since I got my NAS up and running. I recently decided to connect through ethernet because of the speed advantage.
    Now when I go back to using the WiFi I cannot connect to the SMB shares, when I try to connect through explorer with ip-address Windows just requests user credentials which is impossible to get by. I believe it is something with Windows 10(starting to become pretty common with all the updates) since I can connect with all my other devices, some of which are using WiFi aswell. In OMW I have checked ACL's and SMB share settings and they should be ok.

I'm starting to get really frustrated with windows and networking. Appreciate all the tips I can get!

Thanks in advance.

Sorry just spotted my mistake, should have said 'Ok I don't use this' :) typos with fat fingers :)

Oh, hehe. I get the container to start, though I cannot access the webGUI and there is an error in the log about "tls handshake". This is in the log:

When I remove this line "--cap.add=NET_ADMIN -d" in extra arguments I am able to save the image but then I get this message in the container log:

standard_init_linux.go:207: exec user process caused "exec format error"

I forgot to add to the thread start that I run OMV on a Rockpro64 4gb SBC.

When I press the "Show details" button I get this text:

Hello, I have a problem with the setup of Transmission and OpenVPN in Docker. I am following the latest video from Techno Dad Life:

However when I have done everything as he mentions in the video I get this error message when trying to click "Save" in the "Run image" window.

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; docker run -d --restart=always -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro --net=bridge -e PATH="/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin" -e OPENVPN_USERNAME="myvpnusername" -e OPENVPN_PASSWORD="myvpnpassword" -e OPENVPN_PROVIDER="NORDVPN" -e GLOBAL_APPLY_PERMISSIONS="true" -e TRANSMISSION_ALT_SPEED_DOWN="50" -e TRANSMISSION_ALT_SPEED_ENABLED="false" -e TRANSMISSION_ALT_SPEED_TIME_BEGIN="540" -e TRANSMISSION_ALT_SPEED_TIME_DAY="127" -e TRANSMISSION_ALT_SPEED_TIME_ENABLED="false" -e TRANSMISSION_ALT_SPEED_TIME_END="1020" -e TRANSMISSION_ALT_SPEED_UP="50" -e TRANSMISSION_BIND_ADDRESS_IPV4="0.0.0.0" -e TRANSMISSION_BIND_ADDRESS_IPV6="::" -e TRANSMISSION_BLOCKLIST_ENABLED="false" -e TRANSMISSION_BLOCKLIST_URL="http://www.example.com/blocklist" -e TRANSMISSION_CACHE_SIZE_MB="4" -e TRANSMISSION_DHT_ENABLED="true" -e TRANSMISSION_DOWNLOAD_DIR="/data/completed" -e TRANSMISSION_DOWNLOAD_LIMIT="100" -e TRANSMISSION_DOWNLOAD_LIMIT_ENABLED="0" -e TRANSMISSION_DOWNLOAD_QUEUE_ENABLED="true" -e TRANSMISSION_DOWNLOAD_QUEUE_SIZE="5" -e TRANSMISSION_ENCRYPTION="1" -e TRANSMISSION_IDLE_SEEDING_LIMIT="30" -e TRANSMISSION_IDLE_SEEDING_LIMIT_ENABLED="false" -e TRANSMISSION_INCOMPLETE_DIR="/data/incomplete" -e TRANSMISSION_INCOMPLETE_DIR_ENABLED="true" -e TRANSMISSION_LPD_ENABLED="false" -e TRANSMISSION_MAX_PEERS_GLOBAL="200" -e TRANSMISSION_MESSAGE_LEVEL="2" -e TRANSMISSION_PEER_CONGESTION_ALGORITHM="" -e TRANSMISSION_PEER_ID_TTL_HOURS="6" -e TRANSMISSION_PEER_LIMIT_GLOBAL="200" -e TRANSMISSION_PEER_LIMIT_PER_TORRENT="50" -e TRANSMISSION_PEER_PORT="51413" -e TRANSMISSION_PEER_PORT_RANDOM_HIGH="65535" -e TRANSMISSION_PEER_PORT_RANDOM_LOW="49152" -e TRANSMISSION_PEER_PORT_RANDOM_ON_START="false" -e TRANSMISSION_PEER_SOCKET_TOS="default" -e TRANSMISSION_PEX_ENABLED="true" -e TRANSMISSION_PORT_FORWARDING_ENABLED="false" -e TRANSMISSION_PREALLOCATION="1" -e TRANSMISSION_PREFETCH_ENABLED="1" -e TRANSMISSION_QUEUE_STALLED_ENABLED="true" -e TRANSMISSION_QUEUE_STALLED_MINUTES="30" -e TRANSMISSION_RATIO_LIMIT="2" -e TRANSMISSION_RATIO_LIMIT_ENABLED="false" -e TRANSMISSION_RENAME_PARTIAL_FILES="true" -e TRANSMISSION_RPC_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIRED="false" -e TRANSMISSION_RPC_BIND_ADDRESS="0.0.0.0" -e TRANSMISSION_RPC_ENABLED="true" -e TRANSMISSION_RPC_HOST_WHITELIST="" -e TRANSMISSION_RPC_HOST_WHITELIST_ENABLED="false" -e TRANSMISSION_RPC_PASSWORD="password" -e TRANSMISSION_RPC_PORT="9091" -e TRANSMISSION_RPC_URL="/transmission/" -e TRANSMISSION_RPC_USERNAME="username" -e TRANSMISSION_RPC_WHITELIST="127.0.0.1" -e TRANSMISSION_RPC_WHITELIST_ENABLED="false" -e TRANSMISSION_SCRAPE_PAUSED_TORRENTS_ENABLED="true" -e TRANSMISSION_SCRIPT_TORRENT_DONE_ENABLED="false" -e TRANSMISSION_SCRIPT_TORRENT_DONE_FILENAME="" -e TRANSMISSION_SEED_QUEUE_ENABLED="false" -e TRANSMISSION_SEED_QUEUE_SIZE="10" -e TRANSMISSION_SPEED_LIMIT_DOWN="100" -e TRANSMISSION_SPEED_LIMIT_DOWN_ENABLED="false" -e TRANSMISSION_SPEED_LIMIT_UP="100" -e TRANSMISSION_SPEED_LIMIT_UP_ENABLED="false" -e TRANSMISSION_START_ADDED_TORRENTS="true" -e TRANSMISSION_TRASH_ORIGINAL_TORRENT_FILES="false" -e TRANSMISSION_UMASK="2" -e TRANSMISSION_UPLOAD_LIMIT="100" -e TRANSMISSION_UPLOAD_LIMIT_ENABLED="0" -e TRANSMISSION_UPLOAD_SLOTS_PER_TORRENT="14" -e TRANSMISSION_UTP_ENABLED="true" -e TRANSMISSION_WATCH_DIR="/data/watch" -e TRANSMISSION_WATCH_DIR_ENABLED="true" -e TRANSMISSION_HOME="/data/transmission-home" -e TRANSMISSION_WATCH_DIR_FORCE_GENERIC="false" -e ENABLE_UFW="false" -e UFW_ALLOW_GW_NET="false" -e UFW_EXTRA_PORTS="" -e UFW_DISABLE_IPTABLES_REJECT="false" -e TRANSMISSION_WEB_UI="" -e PUID="1000" -e PGID="100" -e TRANSMISSION_WEB_HOME="" -e DROP_DEFAULT_ROUTE="" -e WEBPROXY_ENABLED="true" -e WEBPROXY_PORT="8888" -e HEALTH_CHECK_HOST="google.com" -e CREATE_TUN_DEVICE="true" -e LOCAL_NETWORK="192.168.1.0/25" -e OPENVPN_OPTS="--inactive 3600 --ping 10 --ping-exit 60" -v "/sharedfolders/AppData/transmission":"/config":rw -v "/sharedfolders/Downloads":"/data":rw --name="Transmission" --label omv_docker_extra_args="--cap.add=NET_ADMIN -d --network=mynet -p 9091:9091" --cap.add=NET_ADMIN -d --network=mynet -p 9091:9091 "haugene/transmission-openvpn:latest" 2>&1' with exit code '125': unknown flag: --cap.add See 'docker run --help'.

I have tried using the extra arguments he mentions to use if you run in to problems with no help. If I remove the extra arguments and leave it blank I can save and the image runs. When I check the log then I just get errors and and it doesn't work.

I am completely new to Linux and OMV so I would ask you to have that in mind when you answer, that I might not know what you are talking about.

I hope you can help me, if you need any information just ask for it and I will provide it.

Thank you in advance

Wallaby

I just set up an OMV server on a Rockpro64 and I'm getting write speeds around 50mb/s. I know the specific board is capable for double that speed but none of the aforementioned extra options seem to be working for me...

I have Rockpro64 as well, and I cannot get over 11 mb/s. And have tried everything in both of these threads. I recently got an eMMc to boot from so reinstalled everything before I would get speeds up to 80mb/s through Samba.