Posts by techworx

Hi

had this now with a previous and ended up reinstalling which i would prefer not to do as i also lost my raid array.

just times out on GUI and goes to comms error.

have tried using root instead of admin but says invalid login

tried a use also i setup for SMB shares but the same

I have had a look through some threads without a clear answer , saw some suggestions to upgrade

can anyone tell me please Putty commands to check current and update to latest release please?

thanks !!

Hi Geaves

thanks for the response , appreciate it thanks

OK still have the issue so this is what i have done

Disconnected all data drives and did a fresh install of OMV

Nothing shown in RAID section but can see all the drives

however i am a noob and do quite understand what this means for the commands listed?

using </> on the post menu,

Hi

i had my OMV fail and could not access the interface, I suspect a problem with docker as there were error messages in the startup. i could still see the SMB network shares and acces the media folders but no access to OMV itself.

I have replaced the SSD and done a clean install only on it nothing else. I can see the drives ok in the interface but not the Raid 5 array, if you try to create a new array (i know this will wipe the old, i just wanted to see if it would show the drives were available ) and it showed no available disks, I am hoping there is some way please to get access back to the array as there is a lot of content i hope not to lose?

any help greatly appreciated

;(=O

Hi i have had my omv setup and running fine on my old PC , i have most of my programs in docker , mostly through techno dad guides.

I can still see my network shares onto my raid array but cannot access any of the docker based programs such as plex. I also cannot access the OMV interface.

i get this txt

Error #0:

OMV\Exception: Failed to read file '/var/cache/openmediavault/cache.omv\controlpanel\login_js.json' (size=0). in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc:207

Stack trace:

#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc(223): OMV\Json\File->getContents()

#1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/controlpanel/controlpanelabstract.inc(173): OMV\Json\File->read()

#2 /var/www/openmediavault/index.php(46): OMV\ControlPanel\ControlPanelAbstract->render()

#3 {main}

as i have 30TB of saved files im reluctant to lose them!!

so my main question is if i just install another hard drive and a fresh OMV install would it still just see my raid array?

Hi i want to transfer files between 2 OMV servers directly , i have installed filezilla on both as per techo dads instructions and both seem to work however when i try to connect one to other , it says connected waiting for instructions but goes no futher, using port 5800 and can see filezilla interface on both servers , tried normal login details, setting up a another user account and guest access but no joy.

both servers are on same network switch

or is there another better way to do file transfers

thanks in advance

i tried following tech dads video on installing on one drive OS and Data , main reason for to do this is to create a master disk setup with all the extra programs i can just image onto a new drive, i can then add raid arrays later and move storage folders.

i have tried now with several disks , i install latest OMV, then run gparted but when i try to resize i just get a red stop sign and error? is there maybe something i need to unlock before I resize?

want to save a master image so can build machines for friends and family but not have to do complete install

any help appreciated

daragh