Beiträge von NorthernRoot

Newest Openmediavault Version needs some Update to the code:

omv-mkconf samba does not longer exists. Now we have to use

Code
    omv-salt deploy run samba

Last information! I tested the code again. I done a backup of a PC and turned off a different share with the shell script. The backup stopped because it couldn't read the backup file. A restart of the smbd service could cause trouble with reading/writing on a different share.

Hello @Adoby and @subzero79,

thank you both for the great ideas and the help. I found a solution and want to present it for everbody if they want to do it as well:

./smbtimer enable #Enables the share BackupTEST
    ./smbtimer disable #Disable the share BackupTEST

The entries inside the crontab is self explaining.
    I used this post as a reference: Samba 'access based share enum' workaround for workgroups (Hide shares that users don't have access to)

A small Note to the command 'service smbd restart': Windows reacts a bit wired when I disable the shared Folder. I'm still able to connect to it and use it but the share is not inside the /etc/samba/smb.conf. To make 100% shure the share is not available to the System anymore I restart the samba service. I was worried that current connections cut off during the restart of the service but it seems that they survive it. There is also a Killall command to tell Samba to reload the smb.conf file again but windows still was able to access the shared folder.

Hello everbody,

I'm using openmediavault as a storage system for backups. I created multiple samba shares for the backups. Every computer has a own share. I want do disable/enable the shares at specific times with a cronjob. I'm able to disable/enable it manually with the control panel but don't found a solution to enable/disable it with a command. Is there anny command or plugin for this?

Best regards
    NorthernRoot