Posts by JalaL

After reading TFM, it looks like the "wasted" space was internally allocated by BTRFS, so before this magical thing happened, I was seeing the "unallocated" space (see at the very bottom) which was equal to free space I was initially seeing with the regular df command.

Now it's even more confusing, the free space calculated by df command is not the same as what's reported by btrfs.

Maybe there are some housekeeping operations on btrsf that get rid of allocated space that's no longer needed

Free space now:

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# df -h
    Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    udev 7.6G 0 7.6G 0% /dev
    /dev/md0 11T 6.6T 4.5T 60% /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DATA

Hi guys,

I don't know what exactly happened, but OMV just went from 3600+ Gb to 4500+ Gb of free space. All my media files still seem to be there.

Well, the only think I might have done if to run a command line to get movie resolution so I can figure out which ones I can upgrade from 720p to 1080p for example.

Code
    find /sharedfolders/media/Movies/ -type f -exec bash -c 'sm=$(mediainfo "{}" | grep Width); echo $sm - "{}"' \;

The command is not supposed to delete anything, maybe it justed forced the system to sync some fs tables with the reality ?

which fullfill all my requirements and I'm very happy .

Wow, very confusing thread. But at last the issue was resolved for you which means it is possible to boot from a PCIe card on this Mobo.

Did you change anything in the BIOS in order to boot from the PCIe card ?

I have the same Mobo and added a PCIe Sata card in order to boot from a 2.5" SSD drive, so I can leave the 4 onboard Sata ports for the storage.

BUT, it didn't work. I can't even see the SSD when I enter the BIOS or hit F11 to chose which drive I want to boot from.

The PCIe card is OK, I was able to boot from this PCIe card using the exact same SSD drive on an older PC I have, but not from this one.

Hi all,

I'm migrating from a QNAP NAS to a home made NAS under OMV4.

I would like to know if there's some kind of php application (or whatever other language as it will be installed in a docker) that offers some kind of remote desktop UI for my NAS, same kind of UI as a QNAP or Synology that allows

- browsing files
    - view photos
    - play videos
    - place icons/shortcuts for my other installed dockers etc...

All without leaving the "portal" UI.