Beiträge von ctreu

Thanks for your advise adoby, but I am not to sure if it's "only" the infrastructure cause the used hardware should promise a higher transfer speed:

- Raspberry 4 (with 1 GB RAM) and a samsung evo 64gb u3 micro SDHC
    - 4TB Toshiba Canvio Basics 2.5'' HDD, connected via USB 3.0 to the Raspberry

- Fritzbox 7490 with Gigabit Ethernet connected to the Raspberry with a CAT6 Cable

The above mentioned numbers were once via Wifi 2,4 GHz and once directly connected to the router via Gigabit (also CAT6).

Am I wrong to expect higher transfer speeds with this setting?

Thanks a lot for your help and time :)

Hey,

thanks for the fast reply. I tried to check it with iperf, and I got 40 Mbits/sec bandwith via Wifi & 100 Mbits/sec bandwith via ethernet cable, which seems to be realistic.
    For my understanding, the infrastructure seems to be ok, or?

Hi there,

I'm completly new to OMV and hoping that you can help me with my issue:

I am running OMV 4 on a raspberry 4 (1 GB RAM) with a 4TB Toshiba Canvio Basics 2.5'' HDD, connected via USB 3.0. All available system updates are done.

The only thing is the poor transfer speed with 2-3 MBytes/s (via Wifi) or 3-5 MBytes/s (via Ethernet). It doesn't matter if I use SMB, FTP or SCP, the result is always the same. If I connect the HDD directly to the PC, I get transfer rates around 100 MBytes/s.

Anybody got an idea where the bottleneck could be?

Thanks & greetings