Posts by steel2400

hi,

So - should I go for "real" NAS drives, or am I better off with just plain desktop drives? I'll keep a spare disk next to the machine, in case my mirror breaks.

in my experience with OMV the last year is that it does not matter what kind if drives you use.
    but the nas certified drives are in my opinion the best to use i my self have 5 wd reds fore file storage and one ssd fore system.
    i think if you use those you will not have a lot of problems.

Well, since I'm about to use a HP N54L, you can guess that I'll use the onboard SATA controller, and let OMV handle the RAID

the software raid of omv is in light of upgrade's and disc failing the best option with ma by a hot spare ;)

this is my 5 cents tho

greetings steel

this is the total output of the commands:

as you can see it is install'd correct this time.
    and it works nice :)

do you think it was the left over file of /etc/default virtualbox ?

this is the output if i go to the virtualbox tab

Code
    Fout #3003:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to get configuration (xpath=//services/virtualbox)' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/virtualbox.inc:74
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceVirtualBox->getSettings(NULL, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('getSettings', NULL, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(501): OMVRpc::exec('VirtualBox', 'getSettings', NULL, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}

this is the total output fore the commands above.

it is still not installing correct this is very strange

this is the output for apt-get install virtualbox-4.3

this is the output.

this is apt-get purge openmediavault-virtualbox

and this is apt-get install openmediavault-virtualbox

this is the output from dpkg -1 | grep virtualbox

Code
    iU  openmediavault-virtualbox          1.0.12                        all          VirtualBox plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    iU  phpvirtualbox                      4.3-1.1                       all          PhpVirtualBox is a web interface for VirtualBox
    iF  virtualbox-4.3                     4.3.16-95972~Debian~wheezy    amd64        Oracle VM VirtualBox
    iU  virtualbox-extpack-installer       4.3.14                        all          VirtualBox extpack installer.

this is display'd to on selection of virtualbox

Code
    Failed to get configuration (xpath=//services/virtualbox)

hi guys,

I wanted to install virtualbox but after a few times trying i cant go further.
    The plugin will install oke but i cant get it to activate.

Code
    Failed to execute command 'omv-mkconf virtualbox 2>&1': WARNING: The vboxdrv kernel module is not loaded. Either there is no module available for the current kernel (3.16-0.bpo.2-amd64) or it failed to load. Please recompile the kernel module and install it by sudo /etc/init.d/vboxdrv setup You will not be able to start VMs until this problem is fixed. VBoxManage: error: Failed to initialize COM!

this is the first part.

and this the second.

I tried to set it up manually with apt-get but this is as far i can go with it.
    If someone can help me i would be grateful.

greats steel

hi.

i have the raid back the update to 1.0.26 was still waiting so i did that and then did omv-mkconf fstab rebooted the system and now i got it back

thanks fore the help david