Beiträge von encinoman

Thank you all so much for your help so far. This is super frustrating (for everyone I'm sure!)

There was no fast/quick boot option, only Quiet boot but I gather that's something different. When I crtl+c and I get into the GRUB interface I get three options: boot into bios, boot into debian, or advanced boot into debian. I've explored these but have not seen any way to access the card so far.

I've taken apart the server again and noticed something, not sure if it's an issue. The SAS controller connects into a Rosewill hot-swap drive cage and the cards connect to the back plane with the SAS interface. But on the cards, next to this interface, there are four pins labelled MOLEX 78326 which are not connected (see attached). Is that fine? I guess that they are just an alternate power source?

And thanks again. I get that I'm asking a lot of hardware questions on a software forum.

No worries geaves, thanks for the input.

I checked out those links but they don't seem like my issue. I can see IT mode listed when the system boots rather than the IR mode I used to see.

Ryecoaaron, how do I get to the command line to input that command? When I boot it just goes straight to 'openmediavault login: '. Do I need to boot into the efi shell?

The relevant parts are listed below. How/where would I check that the drives are recognised when booting?

Mobo Supermicro X9SCM-F

SAS Card Fujitsu D2607-A21 6Gbps SAS HBA = LSI 9211-8i

SAS Drives ST4000NM0023 Seagate Constellation ES.3 4TB 7.2K 3.5" SAS 9ZM270

thanks

Just installed OMV 5, complete newb, got through it all fine. But now I can only see my cache SSD, SAS drives not showing up anywhere!

I had just flashed my HBA card to IT mode because IR mode was kicking my but, but might there still be some issue with the drives not being mounted or something? I'm really at a loss. Checked all the physical connections and all seems fine...:D;(

After not using my server for a while I switched it back on and I can't login. I have written down passwords but neither of them work, and the default 'admin' and 'openmediavault' doesn't work.

What is the best way to reset them? A clean install of the boot drive?

My issue is that OMV only displays my ssd cache drive but none of the SAS drives that I have connected to my controller card. I’ve just completed my build and have successfully installed OpenMediaVault but I’m having no luck finding the correct firmware/driver for the card from Broadcom or anywhere else. I have updated my motherboard's bios but still no luck.

Any body else had this happen?

Relevant Parts:
    Mobo Supermicro X9SCM-F
    SAS Card Fujitsu D2607-A21 6Gbps SAS HBA = LSI 9211-8i
    SAS Drives ST4000NM0023 Seagate Constellation ES.3 4TB 7.2K 3.5" SAS 9ZM270