Posts by ml3456

Thanks rye.

I'm going to restore disk image before nvidia. Nvidia was supposed to fix driver to work with 5.9 but hasn't yet. Do you know what nvidia driver works with proxmox? I know kernel 5.4 was available but getting rid of the nvidia drivers was not working. Lots of errors. Going to right to proxmox and try it.

Thanks again.

ML

The debian 5.9 kernel is having problems with Nvidia drivers. ( i need to figure out how to go back to 5.8. any ideas?)

Any idea how the proxmox kernels work with nvidia drivers. Mostly used for hardware transcoding.

Thanks,

ML

I now have OMV 5.5 up and running. Nvidia-smi shows the driver is running.

BUT when running Plex I get no process running on the status screen. I have enables transcoding hardware options in Plex. Using a Gigabyte Geoforce 1050Ti low profile card

Any suggestions what I may need to change?

Thanks all

ML

Files

• nvidia.pdf

(139.63 kB, downloaded 33 times, last: )

After lots of time trying to figure it out I got it to work on a new install. Kernel 59 only one available now. After going through much of the processes described got 460.32.03 to install from the run command. The installed the headers, blacklist nouveau, fix, and patch. Now nvidia-smi works. Haven't got to the docker installation yet. Wanted to get through this first. But portainer and Yacht are installed. Going to hold this kernel in OMV

Good Luck

Isn't working for me. Going to downgrade for now unless someone has a solution. Worked on thsi yesterday and templaets showed up but now gone in portainer.

Tama. Thanks so much. Great guide. Needed to change kernel to 58 and had to use a different driver for my card (450.80.02) for a Geoforce 1050 ti. You don't say anything about backport/header installation. Did you do this before this driver install or does this do it automatically?

Thanks. ML

Here is output of wsdd service

● wsdd.service - Web Services Dynamic Discovery host daemon

Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/wsdd.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)

Active: active (running) since Sun 2020-05-10 16:56:58 CDT; 17h ago

Main PID: 1238 (python3)

Tasks: 1 (limit: 4915)

Memory: 15.4M

CPU: 412ms

CGroup: /system.slice/wsdd.service

└─1238 python3 /usr/sbin/wsdd.py --shortlog --workgroup=Lewis Family

May 10 16:56:58 LewisServer systemd[1]: Started Web Services Dynamic Discovery host daemon.

May 10 16:56:59 LewisServer wsdd.py[1238]: WARNING: no interface given, using all interfaces

Thanks for any help. Having same issue.

Dockers all working fine. Can see all the folders, just can't get into web gui with desktop, but can with Surface laptop. Tried Crome and Firefox, reset network, and still can't get into gui. The only thing that might have changed is I accidentally shut the server down by hitting its power button ( does a safe shutdown, not power off) When stated up couldn't get into gui.

Tried omv-firstaid, didn't work, but didn't try using surface first. Don't know why this is only happening on wired in desktop.

Thanks, ML

Question. When installing dockers where do you point the AppData and config folders? The sharefolders or srv folder. if I point plex config file to srv it won't run.I started setting up to sharefolders per the videos. changing downloads, documents, media, etc to srv. Just don't know the best place for operating files.

Thanks, ML

I’ll try to post that but I’m starting to thinking Unionfs might be corrupted. I installed radar docker and even though I mapped the folders to the srv or shareholders when I start radar it showing the capacity’s of my boot ssd that seems to be filling up not the data array. Very strange.

tarting Plex Media Server.
    Starting Plex Media Server.
    [cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
    [cont-finish.d] done.
    [s6-finish] waiting for services.
    [s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
    [s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.
    [s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
    [s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
    [fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
    [fix-attrs.d] done.
    [cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
    [cont-init.d] 01-envfile: executing...
    [cont-init.d] 01-envfile: exited 0.
    [cont-init.d] 10-adduser: executing...

usermod: no changes

s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
    [s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
    [fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
    [fix-attrs.d] done.
    [cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
    [cont-init.d] 01-envfile: executing...
    [cont-init.d] 01-envfile: exited 0.
    [cont-init.d] 10-adduser: executing...

-------------------------------------
    _ ()
    | | ___ _ __
    | | / __| | | / \
    | | \__ \ | | | () |
    |_| |___/ |_| \__/

Brought to you by linuxserver.io
    We gratefully accept donations at:
    https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/
    GID/UID

User uid: 1000
    User gid: 100

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
    [cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: executing...
    [cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: exited 0.
    [cont-init.d] 45-plex-claim: executing...
    [cont-init.d] 45-plex-claim: exited 0.
    [cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: executing...
    [cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: exited 0.
    [cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: executing...

#######################################################
    # Update routine will not run because you havent set #
    # the VERSION variable or you opted out of updates. #
    # For more information checkout :- #
    # https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-plex #
    #######################################################

[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: exited 0.
    [cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: executing...
    [custom-init] no custom files found exiting...
    [cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: exited 0.
    [cont-init.d] done.
    [services.d] starting services
    [services.d] done.

Geaves. great advice. Thanks. I got Plex working after pointing to srv also. Still having some issues with Handbrake..

Question. Do you point everything to srv instead of sharedfolders when setting up your other dockers volumes and binds?

Thanks again ml