Posts by JDemiDawg

I never did the following command:

sudo rm -f /etc/systemd/network/99-default.link

I not sure what trouble that would cause. This time restoring my image then shutting down and power cycling a couple times and I can't ssh into the server but the web GUI is working. (Edit: I can start SSH but when I type the password in correctly it immediately disconnects me.) This is frustrating. I give up for now. 😢

I guess I'll just do a basic headless Raspian install and then just install AdGuard without OMV, Docker, etc... I guess I'll follow this:

https://medium.com/@ivan.ha/bl…n-10-minutes-42bea9152929

Currently for me if I shutdown my Rasp Pi 3 with OMV normally it comes back up fine.

If I restart it through the web GUI it boots back up but the web GUI never works again so I have to restore it from a backup copy. So my current solution is to never "restart" it and only shut it down then power cycle it.

I'm also dealing with the problem that some changes in settings won't take and it throws a quota error through omv-salt. Then I have to revert the changes that I tried to make in the web GUI. This is a fresh install too. I'm hoping it's a common bug that'll be fixed soon.

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-salt deploy run --no-color systemd-networkd 2>&1' with exit code '1': raspberrypi: ---------- ID: remove_systemd_networkd_config_files Function: module.run Result: True Comment: file.find: [] Started: 18:44:21.490841 Duration: 9.248 ms Changes: ---------- file.find: ---------- ID: remove_empty_systemd_networkd_config_files Function: module.run Result: True Comment: file.find: [] Started: 18:44:21.500736 Duration: 6.439 ms Changes: ---------- file.find: ---------- ID: remove_netplan_config_files Function: module.run Result: True Comment: file.find: ['/etc/netplan/10-openmediavault-default.yaml', '/etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml'] Started: 18:44:21.507907 Duration: 8.382 ms Changes: ---------- file.find: - /etc/netplan/10-openmediavault-default.yaml - /etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml ---------- ID: configure_etc_network_interfaces Function: file.managed Name: /etc/network/interfaces Result: True Comment: File /etc/network/interfaces is in the correct state Started: 18:44:21.524384 Duration: 163.526 ms Changes: ---------- ID: symlink_systemd_resolvconf Function: file.symlink Name: /etc/resolv.conf Result: True Comment: Symlink /etc/resolv.conf is present and owned by root:root Started: 18:44:21.688529 Duration: 8014.163 ms Changes: ---------- ID: configure_netplan_default Function: file.managed Name: /etc/netplan/10-openmediavault-default.yaml Result: True Comment: File /etc/netplan/10-openmediavault-default.yaml updated Started: 18:44:29.703447 Duration: 54.569 ms Changes: ---------- diff: New file mode: 0644 ---------- ID: configure_netplan_ethernet_eth0 Function: file.managed Name: /etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml Result: True Comment: File /etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml updated Started: 18:44:29.758618 Duration: 150.683 ms Changes: ---------- diff: New file mode: 0644 ---------- ID: apply_netplan_config Function: cmd.run Name: netplan apply Result: False Comment: Command "netplan apply" run Started: 18:44:29.909894 Duration: 490.851 ms Changes: ---------- pid: 5175 retcode: 78 stderr: /etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml:5:20: Error in network definition: Invalid MAC address '', must be XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX macaddress: ^ stdout: Summary for raspberrypi ------------ Succeeded: 7 (changed=6) Failed: 1 ------------ Total states run: 8 Total run time: 8.898 s

I have a similar problem on Rasp Pi 3b. I tried:

Anyone know something I could try next?

DESCRIPTION:

Running vanilla Terraria server using a Docker Compose in Portainer. Tshock hasn't quite caught up with current Terraria version but this Docker can switch to Tshock.

RESOURCES:

Docker: https://hub.docker.com/r/beardedio/terraria

OMV 5 + Portainer

Docker example

PREREQUISITE:

A debian server running Portainer.

STEPS:

• Run Terraria server through Portainer with a Docker Compose:
    • If you don't know how to setup the directories and launch the Docker watch more videos from Techno Dad Life
    • Change to version: '2' for portainer
    • You'll have to generate a world on your PC using terrariaserver.exe then copy it over to your config(appdata) folder.
    • You might have to reset permissions on your config(appdata) folder. Reset permissions is an omv-extras plugin.
    • Ran into bug (version 1.4.0.5) where Terraria server ignores things in serverconfig.txt like password. Fix:
    1. Navigated inside Portainer -> Containers -> terraria -> Attach.
    2. Then type 'help' to see terraria server commands.
    3. type 'password mypassword' to set the password
    4. Note: this password will be lost next time your restart the Terraria server
    5. Detach

MANAGE SERVER:

To be able to kick, ban, and change the server settings while it's running you need to be able to access the Terraria server console. There are a couple ways to do this. You can connect to your OMV serve through Putty and type 'sudo docker attach name_of_your_terraria_docker' and then type 'help' to see a list of commands. Then to detach type Ctrl-p Ctrl-q.

An easier way to do this is through Portainer:

1. Navigated inside Portainer -> Containers -> terraria -> Attach.
    2. Then type 'help' to see terraria server commands.
    3. When done click Detach button