Beiträge von Monkey303

Hello!

I bought a fairly cheap, but new and sealed in the box, LSI branded 9207-8i. The motherboard I'm using does not detect the card at all. At first, I thought it wasn't seated correctly in the slot as the PCI backplate it came with was slightly bent in all directions, but I've tried it without that and it still does not detect the card. The card feels quite warm to the touch and I have occasionally heard the connected drives spin up. It's the first time I've used a HBA, so I'm not sure if I've missed something fundamental in the BIOS. Also, when I get to OMV, there are no drives detected, which seems to be expected if it's not seen in the BIOS. Has anyone heard of this kind of thing before? DOA HBA card or motherboard incompatibility? Any workarounds?

I am using these bits of hardware:

Asus Rog Strix B360-I Motherboard, latest 2418 BIOS
    8400T
    16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Value Select
    3x 4TB IronWolf
    1x Samsung Evo 970 NVMe

Things I've tried:

CMOS Clear
    Reseating the card
    Removing PCIe backplate from card

Any help, much appreciated, thanks :thumbup:

First time OMV user and linux virgin :whistling: I'd like to move the installation from the flash drive to an NVMe SSD that I have. Can this be done, or would a cheap, small capacity SATA SSD be a better bet? I have plenty of SATA ports free and a spare NVME port.

Do all the storage drives have to be the same type/size/brand etc or can OMV use a mix of different ones?

Finally, SSD cache, is this beneficial on a home NAS setup? It will be streaming music, blu ray rips (no Plex and not transcoding, just streaming), mpeg movies and will have a few TB of photos. Likelihood of being accessed by more than one person at a time is small, but that may change as my daughter grows up!

OMV Version 5.0.5 (Don't think it's a beta as the forum software suggests up there^^)
    128GB Patriot rage USB 3 drive (this is where the install is going for now)
    32GB Samsung USB 3 drive for the install iso, made with etcher
    Gigabyte z390 mini itx board
    16GB RAM
    8400T processor, using the onboard graphics
    2x 4TB IronWolf drives, will be 3 next week, hopefully

Much appreciated, thanks :)