Beiträge von zerozenit

Everything is fine, but the email is odd; post the output of cat /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf sometimes a reboot can help, it could be that mdadm has detected a missing drive but hasn't caught up with the change.

Here below:

That would be the correct procedure

I performed the procedure and now the RAID is clean again and everything works. But I get this mail from mdadm:

It is not clear if everything is ok and how to stop receiving these messages. Thank you.

Hi everyone,

after i had some problems with the cables to one of the 4 drives in Raid 10 (unable to open ATA device), i fixed the cable connections and the drive restarted and is visible again (/dev/sde). From the OMV interface the disk is now visible again in Storage -> Disks, and also in S.M.A.R.T., but in Software RAID it is not listed among the devices and the status is "clean, degraded". Do I have to swipe the disk and then recover or is it better to follow another procedure?

Thank you.

Code
    cat /proc/mdstat
    Personalities : [raid10] [linear] [multipath] [raid0] [raid1] [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] 
    md0 : active raid10 sdb[1] sda[0] sdd[2]
          23437508608 blocks super 1.2 512K chunks 2 near-copies [4/3] [UUU_]
          bitmap: 79/175 pages [316KB], 65536KB chunk

unused devices: <none>
    Code
    blkid
    /dev/sdb: UUID="8b767a7d-c52c-068d-c04f-1a3cfd8d4c5f" UUID_SUB="a6bb8aa8-4e9b-7f90-b105-45a9301acbce" LABEL="pandora:Raid4x12TBWdRed" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    /dev/sde: UUID="8b767a7d-c52c-068d-c04f-1a3cfd8d4c5f" UUID_SUB="2c68c265-01f7-dd1b-ffff-6d28eb140780" LABEL="pandora:Raid4x12TBWdRed" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    /dev/sdd: UUID="8b767a7d-c52c-068d-c04f-1a3cfd8d4c5f" UUID_SUB="6c9c5433-6838-c39f-abfa-7807205a3238" LABEL="pandora:Raid4x12TBWdRed" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    /dev/sda: UUID="8b767a7d-c52c-068d-c04f-1a3cfd8d4c5f" UUID_SUB="3904f2f1-fe1f-bde3-a965-d9dbe0074f66" LABEL="pandora:Raid4x12TBWdRed" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    /dev/sdc1: UUID="2218-DC43" BLOCK_SIZE="512" TYPE="vfat" PARTUUID="09f69470-ba7b-4b6b-9456-c09f4c6ad2ee"
    /dev/sdc2: UUID="87bfca96-9bee-4725-ae79-d8d7893d5a49" BLOCK_SIZE="4096" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="3c45a8f0-3106-4ba8-89bc-b15d22e81144"
    /dev/md0: LABEL="REDRAID4X12" UUID="5fd65f52-b922-45e3-a940-eb7c75460446" BLOCK_SIZE="4096" TYPE="ext4"
    /dev/sdc3: PARTUUID="fda4b444-cf82-4ae8-b916-01b8244acee3"
    Code
    mdadm --detail --scan --verbose
    ARRAY /dev/md0 level=raid10 num-devices=4 metadata=1.2 name=pandora:Raid4x12TBWdRed UUID=8b767a7d:c52c068d:c04f1a3c:fd8d4c5f
       devices=/dev/sda,/dev/sdb,/dev/sdd

In System -> Update Management -> Updates I performed the listed updates:

openmediavault 6.4.3-1

openmediavault-compose 6.7.15

openmediavault-nut 6.0.5-1

python3-distutils 3.9.2-1

python3-docker 4.1.0-1.2

python3-lib2to3 3.9.2-1

python3-websocket 0.57.0-1

During Updating workbench configuration files ... I got **CONNECTION LOST**. In the log this is the only error you can see Err:6 https://openmediavault-plugin-developers.github.io/packages/debian shaitan/main amd64 openmediavault-compose all 6.7.15 404 Not Found [IP: 185.199.109.153 443] (I cut some parts):

I waited a minute and then applied the changes in Pending configuration changes, and got an error.

Among the notifications I found these two logs:

Code
    Failed to read from socket: Connection reset by peer

OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to read from socket: Connection reset by peer in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:172
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(97): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call()
    #1 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #2 {main}

Of the second I report only the parts referring to the error:

systemctl status nut-monitor.service

journalctl -xe

I understand that the problem is NUT, how can I fix it? Thank you

So how did you do it without the yaml files to get all your configs back for each of your Docker applications? Or did you start from scratch?

I solved it getting back all the application configurations. I try to summarize what I recommend to do in these cases:

1- get a yaml file with autocompose with the command docker run --rm -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock red5d/docker-autocompose name_of_your_container

2- stop the container with docker container stop name_of_your_container

3- with a text editor change the name of the container contained in the yaml file, something like "container_name: name_of_your_container" becomes "container_name: name_of_your_container-new" (by changing the name of the new container we can keep the old one until everything is went right)

4- in OMV Compose/File/Create name the new container "name_of_your_container-new" and paste the contents of the new yaml into window 1 (File), ignoring window 2 (Environment)

5- at this point you need to save and then select the cointainer and give the Up command (up arrow)

6- during this procedure there will be some errors, by reading them carefully you should understand where to put your hands to fix the file we have pasted. Select in Files "name_of_your_container-new" and click on Edit. Here we can make the changes. Generally it is about removing some parts that are not needed, I list some examples:

removed:

Code
    networks:
    - bridge

removed:

Code
    networks:
    - hosts

removed:

Code
    command:
    - 'dumb-init /etc/openvpn/start.sh'

modified:

Code
    devices:
    - CgroupPermissions: rwm
    PathInContainer: /dev/dri
    PathOnHost: /dev/dri

in

Code
    devices:
    - /dev/dri:/dev/dri

7- once the errors have been resolved, the new container will start perfectly keeping all the settings it had previously, and at this point you can delete the old container with docker container rm name_of_your_container

Ok, thanks, I succeeded. but I had to delete the following lines, otherwise I was getting an error:

Code
    command:
    - 'dumb-init /etc/openvpn/start.sh'

networks:
    - bridge

I'll also try to move my lscr.io/linuxserver/plex in a while. Thank you.

Yes, it's better. Read publication 1 of this thread, ask your questions.

Ok, thank you, I'm trying with a container, but it doesn't seem so easy, I followed these steps:

1- got a docker-compose yaml file by running:

docker run --rm -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock red5d/docker-autocompose transmission-openvpn

2- I stopped and deleted docker with:

docker container stop transmission-openvpn

docker container rm transmission-openvpn

3- I pasted the yaml file content into Compose/Files/Create/File but got the error:

Code
    500 - Internal ServerError
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; docker-compose --file '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-REDRAID4X12/compose//transmission-openvpn/transmission-openvpn.yml' --env-file '/srv/dev-disk-by-label- REDRAID4X12/compose//transmission-openvpn/transmission-openvpn.env' up -d 2>&1': failed to read /srv/dev-disk-by-label-REDRAID4X12/compose/transmission-openvpn/transmission-openvpn.env : line 8: key cannot contain a space

4- I then tried to create the stack from Portainer with the same yaml file, but I got this error:

Code
    Deployment error
    failed to deploy a stack: Container transmission-openvpn Creating Error response from daemon: network-scoped alias is supported only for containers in user defined networks

Where am I wrong? My goal is, if possible, to transfer my two created Containers directly into Portainer under OMV Compose.

Thank you.

No data is shown in Containers, because it only shows data that has been with containers configured in the new plugin.

How did you install Portainer before? Have you tried reloading your browser cache on Portainer? (Control + Shift + R)

I performed these steps:

1- docker container stop portainer

2- docker container rm portainer

3- Compose/Files/Add from Example/portainer-omvextras

That guide could not be any simpler, your #174 point 2 makes no sense, there is no portainer gui so I fail to see how it can be a black page

I thought it would be possible to use the Portainer interface again, or any other GUI to easily manage my two containers (both created with Portainer). At the moment I am left with the CLI. How can I at least transfer the containers previously created with Portainer into Compose and thus see them listed among Compose/Containers?

Hi,

After upgrading omv-extras I followed the directions of post #1 (I was using docker with portainer created by omv-extras), but what I got so far is the following:

1- Docker is ok

2- Portainer replies with a black page

3- In Containers no data is shown

4- In Stats I see my two Containers (which work regularly)

What can I do to fix the situation?

Thank you.

Hi,

I have collectd error when I try to enable UPS remote monitoring from plugin settings (checkbox):

To get it working again I have to remove openmediavault-nut running the following command:

apt-get remove openmediavault-nut

At this point, if I try to install NUT again from the UI, in the settings plugin I find the plugin already activated, but with the remote monitoring checkbox deactivated. As I try to activate it I get the error again with collectd. How can I do to solve?

Thank you

P.S. it's the last remaining problem, after a problematic upgrade from OMV 5 to 6

Despite it all Docker and Portainer work fine.

And this is the state of the OMV installation:

Code
    dpkg -l | grep openmediav
    iU  openmediavault                   6.3.10-2                       all          openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
    iU  openmediavault-backup            6.1                            all          backup plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    iU  openmediavault-flashmemory       6.2                            all          folder2ram plugin for openmediavault
    ii  openmediavault-keyring           1.0                            all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    iU  openmediavault-nut               6.0.3-1                        all          openmediavault Network UPS Tools (NUT) plugin
    iU  openmediavault-omvextrasorg      6.1.1                          all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    iU  openmediavault-resetperms        6.0.2                          all          Reset Permissions

Maybe I should run the fix5to6upgrade script? Or maybe do a reboot? I don't want to make the wrong decision...

Thank you.