Posts by Michael_Gr

    On top of this, I've checked in the config and found the labels that I suspect are causing the issue.


    Can I remove the one with the issue, data2 was the failed filesystem?


    Data1 stile works fine but I have removed the references as advised.


    <mntent>
    <uuid>b1fa2a53-3b85-4ff1-8600-0adec1670262</uuid>
    <fsname>/dev/disk/by-label/data1</fsname>
    <dir>/srv/dev-disk-by-label-data1</dir>
    <type>ext4</type>
    <opts>defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl</opts>
    <freq>0</freq>
    <passno>2</passno>
    <hidden>0</hidden>
    </mntent>


    <mntent>
    <uuid>21b2720c-12f0-418f-978c-016284e935f5</uuid>
    <fsname>/dev/disk/by-label/data2</fsname>
    <dir>/srv/dev-disk-by-label-data2</dir>
    <type>ext4</type>
    <opts>defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl</opts>
    <freq>0</freq>
    <passno>2</passno>
    <hidden>0</hidden>
    </mntent>

    hi,


    I updated OMV through CLI using omv-update and after the update and restart of the device, one of the drives filesystems is showing as no longer mounted, and Status - Missing. It was originally an esxt4 filesystem disk sdb. Tried to mount this manually through the CLI as the option is greyed out through the UI but if failed.


    Results below:


    root@mediaserver:/# lsblk
    NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
    sda 8:0 0 3.7T 0 disk
    └─sda1 8:1 0 3.7T 0 part /srv/dev-disk-by-label-data1
    sdb 8:16 0 1.8T 0 disk
    sdc 8:32 0 232.9G 0 disk
    ├─sdc1 8:33 0 225G 0 part /
    ├─sdc2 8:34 0 1K 0 part
    └─sdc5 8:37 0 7.9G 0 part [SWAP]



    root@mediaserver:/# blkid -o full
    /dev/sda1: LABEL="data1" UUID="ee824843-df4c-49bd-a477-1e12859a01cf" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="160376a9-5577-4d89-92ce-415c046856d6"
    /dev/sdc1: UUID="62654e2a-9b5a-4eff-94ae-039c817918a0" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="4f09b1bd-01"
    /dev/sdc5: UUID="869664da-eb42-4602-bf9c-95d8949c4e86" TYPE="swap" PARTUUID="4f09b1bd-05"
    /dev/sdb: PTUUID="0e015e97" PTTYPE="dos"


    root@mediaserver:/# mount -t ext4
    /dev/sdc1 on / type ext4 (rw,relatime,errors=remount-ro)
    /dev/sda1 on /srv/dev-disk-by-label-data1 type ext4 (rw,noexec,relatime,jqfmt=vfsv0,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group)
    /dev/sda1 on /sharedfolders/olddata type ext4 (rw,noexec,relatime,jqfmt=vfsv0,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group)
    /dev/sda1 on /sharedfolders/Television type ext4 (rw,noexec,relatime,jqfmt=vfsv0,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group)


    root@mediaserver:/# mount -t ext4 /dev/sdb /mnt/test
    mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdb,
    missing codepage or helper program, or other error


    In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
    dmesg | tail or so.


    Is there anything I can do to recover this data, I stupidly did not have backed up to my OneDrive!


    Thanks,


    Michael